Arsenal (a) 30/08/08 5:30ko (Setanta)

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

probably should work for Setanta as long as it's 6hours before KO

as for today's team, either going to be Taylor, Edgar or Tozer at RB assuming Owen up front on his lonesome

Given

Taylor Coloccini Bassong Enrique

Butt Guthrie

Gutierriez *Missing Player* N'Zogbia

Owen

Subs:

Harper

Tozer

Edgar

Barton

Ameobi

Donaldson

Ranger

I can't work out which player I'm missing from the squad list...?? ???

Guest Brewcastle

Looking forward to kick-off... If The Lads bring up the same working spirit they have showed, we can get a good result. Close match, but Toon will grab the points: 1-2 O0, and the NUFC-hating papers will :yikes:

Looking forward to kick-off... If The Lads bring up the same working spirit they have showed, we can get a good result. Close match, but Toon will grab the points: 1-2 O0, and the NUFC-hating papers will :yikes:

:lol:

glad you're that optomistic!! I can't see us scoring!!

Another possibility I hadn't considered is Edgar as the holding midfielder. It would disrupt the defensive unit less, plus he plays there for the reserves, and came on in that position a couple of times during pre-season.

I reckon we'll go something like:

..............................Given..............................

Beye.........Bassong.........Taylor.........Enrique

...........................Coloccini............................

Jonas.......Guthrie.......Butt.......N'Zogbia.......

.............................Owen..............................

And we'll suffer a 3-0 defeat

nile fucken ranger, i love it...bollocks to spending money if we're gonna be playing people with names like nile ranger! ;)

the nile ranger thread has warped my brain, everytime i see or hear his name i crack a huge grin

brilliant

If he comes on and scores the winner today i'll be more than happy for him to pop over here and sleep with my wife.

nile fucken ranger, i love it...bollocks to spending money if we're gonna be playing people with names like nile ranger! ;)

the nile ranger thread has warped my brain, everytime i see or hear his name i crack a huge grin

brilliant

If he comes on and scores the winner today i'll be more than happy for him to pop over here and sleep with my wife.

problies already has

I honestly cannot se Keegan play Bassong and Taylor in central defense with Colo in the DM position. Especially against Arsenal since they haven't played together yet. We are not playing against a bad team.

Guest Geordiesned

Michael Owen in as Nile Ranger on bench

Catchy headline Alan. :lol:

KEVIN KEEGAN will have his skipper Michael Owen in his starting line-up against Arsenal at The Emirates tonight – and a 17-year-old unknown on the bench.

Nile Ranger, who has linked up with United after being released by Southampton, was an unused substitute in Tuesday’s Carling Cup victory at Coventry, but he will get his first experience of Premier League football tonight.

And Keegan told me: “Nile will be on the bench tonight. We have had him around us for three or four training sessions.

“It is still very early, but it’s an opportunity for him. He’s on the bench, and that means he could get on.”

Meanwhile, Owen has come off the bench and grabbed the winner in United’s last two games against Bolton Wanderers and Coventry, and when I asked Keegan if his first-choice skipper would be on from the off tonight, he replied: “Michael will start. I think he announced that at Coventry. If you’re captain you can do that.”

The Chronicle revealed in later editions yesterday that because Geremi had picked up an ankle injury, Joey Barton trained with the first-team squad and that he was likely to be on the bench.

Keegan would love to come home with United’s unbeaten record intact going into the fortnight’s break for the World Cup qualifiers.

Indeed he told me: “That would be fantastic. That’s a big ask – we know that.”

We have to lose one sometime, this will probably be it, a draw though and I will be very very happy.

Owen starts no shock really there but Nile on the bench to ccme on and stab some fker withi n  5 mins.  ya know what a mean blood..

We have to lose one sometime, this will probably be it, a draw though and I will be very very happy.

Owen starts no shock really there but Nile on the bench to ccme on and stab some fker withi n  5 mins.  ya know what a mean blood..

:lol:

My original prediction was 3-0 but upon consideration of who's on the bench:

Arsenal            3  -  4            Newcastle

Adebayor (8, 45)                  Ranger (71, 78, 86, 89)

Fabregas (25)

s***-stirring c***s.

One of our best players. mackems.gif

made me laugh as well.

does no-one listen to milners comments about wanting more money? and the fact that we got £12m for him?

f***ing knobs.