Arsenal (a) 30/08/08 5:30ko (Setanta)

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Toon Argy

given

beye  col    taylor  enrique

geremi  butt    guthrie

jonas        owen        zog

Im getting the 1:15am MegaBus down  :lol: Nice early start.

Im expecting a first defeat of the season here, maybe sneak a draw. Hopefully Adebayor and a defender (maybe Gallas) gets injured tonight against Twente.

Given

Beye Taylor Coloccini Enrique

Gutierrez Guthrie Butt N'Zogbia

Milner

Owen

Milner wants to leave, but so fuck. Hes a hard working player, plays well and contributes to the game twice as much as Duff. If hes still here,i would play him just behind Owen, he was immense again coventry and valencia and even psv in a more attacking role than a winger.

arsenal 2-1 newcastle

Guest Toon Argy

Im expecting a first defeat of the season here, maybe sneak a draw. Hopefully Adebayor and a defender (maybe Gallas) gets injured tonight against Twente.

Given

Milner

Owen

Milner wants to leave, but so f***. Hes a hard working player, plays well and contributes to the game twice as much as Duff. If hes still here,i would play him just behind Owen, he was immense again coventry and valencia and even psv in a more attacking role than a winger.

arsenal 2-1 newcastle

How much does the mega bus cost? (If you don't mind me asking).

Guest Toon Argy

Something inside me dies every time I see Butt's name on the teamsheet.

Could be worse- Alan Smiths name could be there!

Something inside me dies every time I see Butt's name on the teamsheet.

Sign a quality attacking midfielder and Butt goes from a limited first-teamer to a very good squad player. ;)

Guest Toon Argy

Toon Argy it was £15 for me and my dad one way.

So £7.50 each unless kids prices are a little different to adults.

Ok Thanks. Alot cheaper than i expected!

Guest BeatMakerz

Given

Beye Tayls  :colo: Jose

Butt

Geremi   Guthrie   Zog

Jonas

Owen

How far away from fitness is Viduka btw? Should be back for Stoke, shouldn't he?

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/tm_headline=injuries-take-gloss-off-cup-win-for-keegan%26method=full%26objectid=21615770%26siteid=72703-name_page.html

Keegan revealed after the game that Mark Viduka is still at least four weeks away from returning to the picture.

Given

Milner

Owen

Milner wants to leave, but so f***. Hes a hard working player, plays well and contributes to the game twice as much as Duff. If hes still here,i would play him just behind Owen, he was immense again coventry and valencia and even psv in a more attacking role than a winger.

arsenal 2-1 newcastle

Thats the team i'd go for too . I'm being too optimistic here i know, but i think we can win 2-1.  Arsenal don't look all that good to me so far this season.

Butt and Guthrie holding alowing strikers and wingers to really go for it. Big shame Martins is out for this one.

given

beye  col    taylor  enrique

geremi  butt    guthrie

jonas        owen        zog

Yes please.

Don't fancy this one mind, they'll be dying to get back on track after Fulham and last night was a nice confidence boost. 2-0 defeat.

given

beye  col    taylor   enrique

geremi   butt    guthrie

jonas        owen         zog

Yes please.

Don't fancy this one mind, they'll be dying to get back on track after Fulham and last night was a nice confidence boost. 2-0 defeat.

good team that, but yeah hard to see anything but a shoeing

Guest sicko2ndbest

given

geremi   butt    guthrie

Yes please.

I dont think we will get a shoeing. I think if we can keep it tight in the first 15 minutes we have a chance

Arsenal's record in 5:15/5:30 kick offs is crap, according to a fan at work. If Fabregas wasn't back I would have said we could quite feasibly win, their midfield two at Fulham were pants. If they play like they did last week we should be alright, but if they up their game and are looking to prove that they haven't become shit then I can't see us getting more than a draw.

given

geremi   butt    guthrie

Yes please.

Hard to see anything but that XI.  A better question is how you fill a 7 man bench.  Harper, Bassong, Smith, Edgar, Ranger, Tozer, Donaldson?  But Smith might be injured, in which case I have no idea.