Replace Milner with ?

afar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

in terms of end product Darijo Srna would be a good buy and would be able to play in a 4-4-2 as well as a 4-3-3 and also be back-up for Beye. I see Larsson as a poor version of him as he is also adaptable, good at set-pieces and with a fair amount of end product. he is worse defensively though since he is younger has more room to improve.

though ideally i'd want a player with a bit more movement and trickery like Turan. Bentley, Menez and SWP would be other ideal targets but they've all moved in this window, some to comparable clubs, which is pretty frustrating.

Valencia i'm not sure about, though he looks like he could develop into a good player, he doesn't really excel in any one area - decent shot, decent dribbler, quite quick, good physique, adaptable. with the right tuition he'd be very useful.

Lennon would bring a lot to the side in terms of pace and dribbling, and he has more end product than Milner, but he is very unadaptable and i can only see him in an orthodox 4-4-2. And his shooting is bloody awful which would be an issue with Jonas and the other midfielders not being renowned goalscorers.

Pennant is a bit similar, though his crossing is more consistent and he's probably not as quick. i'd accept either of those two but they wouldn't be my first choices and it would probably restrict the type of formation and style of play.

not that these are our only options. i'm sure we've targets on the continent, someone like Di Maria perhaps...

I still don't understand why anyone would want us to match Zenit's transfer fee demand to get a player, who have ability, but would see us as nothing else than a bloody stone to step on to get higher up as fast as possible. I'd not be happy with Arshavin if we ever were in for him, not one bit.

When we were after him (maybe we still are) how much money did galatasaray want for him? If you go by the rumours that went around about the price for him. I cannot remember..Surely it wasn't more than the £12m for milner? (if that is what we got for him)

Guest microbar

Mr ashley will put the 12 million in his back pocket.

We are officially a selling club again.

our ambition went out the window when ashley took over

back to the championship next season.

Selling James Milner has nothing at all to do with lack of ambition, as it was an excellent price for someone distinctly average.

Guest elbee909

Will you piss off with your negative haikus?

Guest Brewcastle

I don't know Mr. Ashley. But my impression is like he will try to get in a transfer or two that surprise the fans and makes him to the most popular man at the stands :3some:.

Ashley have done well in business. And until he have proved the oposite, I trust him to do his best in the transfermarket too. The Milner-story can show up to be a nice pice of work if the club show up with a good replacement. When this is said: I expect the club to work really hard in the market these days...