Replace Milner with ?

afar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Got to bring in Lennon now.

I know his end product is questionable, but his place is under threat if not completely gone, but he does have bags of pace, and we could possibly work on the rest of his problems over the coming season.

I wonder if the Milner money could stretch for him and Larsson?

So we've just sold Milner for £12 million, and of all the players on God's green Earth the best you can come up with is Lennon?! That's frightening!

Wouldn't we essentially be back to square one? A player who flatters to deceive but never actually produces an end product? Just in this case Lennon is a bit quicker. No thanks. Knowing Tottenham they would demand £12 million and all!

There are much better payers out there who are rumoured to be available this summer and would cost less. Prime example is Seb Larsson. We could even go abroad and bring in someone like Jaroslav Plasil or even Joaquin.

:rolleyes:

You did see him in the friendly against us right?

He might have been off form the past season or so but there is no doubting his quality. A change of scenery might be all it takes, and we could likely get him for a good price at the moment.

If your trying to compare Lennon to Joaquin please don't.

I know his end product is questionable, but his place is under threat if not completely gone, but he does have bags of pace, and we could possibly work on the rest of his problems over the coming season.

So we've just sold Milner for £12 million, and of all the players on God's green Earth the best you can come up with is Lennon?! That's frightening!

Wouldn't we essentially be back to square one? A player who flatters to deceive but never actually produces an end product? Just in this case Lennon is a bit quicker. No thanks. Knowing Tottenham they would demand £12 million and all!

There are much better payers out there who are rumoured to be available this summer and would cost less. Prime example is Seb Larsson. We could even go abroad and bring in someone like Jaroslav Plasil or even Joaquin.

:rolleyes:

You did see him in the friendly against us right?

He might have been off form the past season or so but there is no doubting his quality. A change of scenery might be all it takes, and we could likely get him for a good price at the moment.

If your trying to compare Lennon to Joaquin please don't.

He's given up on football, no thanks.

Agreed. But Joaquin would want very high wages probably and is very inconsistent. Only class when he's in the mood. And om not sure he would like to move to the north east either. Would rather go for other players than him, But who knows. Could be a good signing. But a risky signing imo..

You're right it would be risky.

Ideally I would have Seb Larsson come in.

Agreed. But Joaquin would want very high wages probably and is very inconsistent. Only class when he's in the mood. And om not sure he would like to move to the north east either. Would rather go for other players than him, But who knows. Could be a good signing. But a risky signing imo..

You're right it would be risky.

Ideally I would have Seb Larsson come in.

So you'd have seb Larsson over joaquin? Says it all about Joaquin doesn't it?

We've got Jonas and Duff who can operate on both flanks. We've yet to see Zoggy on the right for any decent period, but his style of play would suggest that he could play on the right as well as the left.

Therefore if we are going for a winger I'd like to see someone else who can play down both sides, gives the team flexibility and unpredictability - Man U and Chelsea are great for this, you never know which flank Ronaldo will play on with Nani, Giggs, Tevez all being able to fill in on t'other side.

Turan would be my choice for based on players I have actually seen play and not just read about.

More than anything though, we need someone with pace for the flanks.

Having said that I would be just as happy if a creative CM was brought in and we made do with our current Trio and gave Lua Lua a chance to bed into the first team squad

If we are going to sign a RW then i would go for Valencia otherwise spend big on a creative midfielder

Doesn't sound too bad, maybe someone like Javi Martínez ;) But there's more creative players out there, But he's young and tall 6ft 3 or something i think..

Guest Guinness

Larsson would do for me, the rest should be pumped into finding the best possible creative midfielder we can get.

interesting comments on NUFC official site from KK at the press conference

Sounds as though Milner was moved to move someone better in before the deadline, maybe the wow signing.

Someone mentioned Beckham, or could it really be Henry?

Maybe this was what the meeting on wednesday was really about..............interesting 4 days ahead

I reckon with Duff/N'Zogbia/Gutierrez, you have enough to see you to a decent level and could maybe do with some younger back-up and potential stars as opposed to a big name winger - you should focus more onto a big creative midfielder. Maybe Skjelbred, but I quite like Adam Lallana, he won't be ready from the Premiership yet, but in my opinion is bound to be a very good player in the future.