SSN: Kamil Zayatte joins Hull City

Dave

Guest optimistic nit

sounds like the sort of player who would get the hump after a couple of months, i dont want him here. He'd probably require a warmer climate than either us or everton could provide anyway.

i wounder whether with the signing of Nile Ranger and Kamil Zayatte Wise and Ashley are starting up an egyptian safari.  :colo:

My dad's a bellend man. Just before I went to see Kasabian at The Academy tonight he phones me up and tells me we're signing Zarate. :lol:

:lol:

Such a parent thing to do.

Zarate that was at Birmingham?

My dad's a bellend man. Just before I went to see Kasabian at The Academy tonight he phones me up and tells me we're signing Zarate. :lol:

mine was convinced he heard 'zambrotta's on tyneside...'

needless to say the proper news knocked his bulb out

mine was convinced he heard 'zambrotta's on tyneside...'

needless to say the proper news knocked his bulb out

Mackem's seem to think he's one of their targets.

Guest BeatMakerz

he trained with us today..

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/29/newcastle-united-eye-kamil-zayatte-swoop-72703-21632941/

Newcastle United eye Kamil Zayatte swoop

Aug 29 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

Kamil Zayatte

NEWCASTLE United are lining up a move for Young Boys of Berne defender Kamil Zayatte after the player turned up at the club’s training ground today.

Kevin Keegan confirmed to the Chronicle that the 23-year-old Guinea international trained with United today before they flew down to London for tomorrow’s game with Arsenal at The Emirates Stadium.

But United were not making any comment on reports coming out of the Midlands hinting that James Milner was on his way to Aston Villa to complete a £10m move.

This was backed up by information, again unconfirmed, that Milner was not in United’s squad for the game with Arsenal.

Zayatte has been training with Everton this week and the word from Merseyside was that he impressed manager David Moyes.

But when Everton supremo Bill Kenwright made a 4m offer for the player, it was turned down by the Swiss club.

My information is that Zayatte was on Tyneside for talks with United officials yesterday afternoon.

And his agent Willie Mackay told me today: “He is at Newcastle today and, considering he can play at right-back, central defender and as a holding midfielder, he could be a very valuable signing for them.

“He played for Guinea against the Ivory Coast a couple of weeks ago and this has alerted a lot of clubs.”

Apart from Everton, Fulham are also looking at Zayatte, but his appearance at the training ground today has put United in the driving seat.

:: NEWCASTLE midfielder Jonas Gutierrez and defender Fabricio Coloccini have been called up to the Argentina squad by coach Alfio Basile ahead of the World Cup qualifiers against Paraguay and Peru.

Argentina lie second in the World Cup South American Qualifying Zone with 11 points, two less than leaders Paraguay who they play on September 6 in Buenos Aires. Four days later Argentina travel to Peru, who are without a win at the bottom of the standings.

You'd think if they've let him train with us, and that Keegan is sure that he'll improve us... we can regard this as 'quite far down the line'. Good stuff if so - more squad cover and versatility, which we're obviously desperate for. Aye, hardly priority but i'm not really going to sniff at anyone like that at the moment.

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/07CE2KRc7u0N5/610x.jpg

well at least he looks fit! you can even see his sixpack trough there!

Viduka!!!! WATCH AND LEARN!! :D

He looks a beast!

Guest LucaAltieri

He looks a beast!

He's a stick insect compared to Faye tbh.

Guest toonlass

Its not all you can make out from that picture. The shorts department looks canny as well.

I know I've been complaining that we need heads but this is such a meh signing if it comes off for me and at in excess of 4mill seems a bit pricey for a relative unknown.

Hopefully he's in the mould of Guthrie and Joans type of signings though.

If he augment our priority positions signings then fine no problem, but hopefully the recruitment team's efforts are focussed more on our problems with the attack and creativity in the central midfield area.