Ignacio María González signed from Valencia on year-long loan deal

Guest sicko2ndbest

Neat and tidy but far far too early to tell.

He looks a bit more than neat and tidy, he was looking to make quite incisive passes from what I saw, and isn't he supposed to have a few goals in him as well?

My only reservation is how mobile is he? None of our central midfielders are particularly quick these days and it's a quality we badly miss.

He looks a bit more than neat and tidy, he was looking to make quite incisive passes from what I saw, and isn't he supposed to have a few goals in him as well?

My only reservation is how mobile is he? None of our central midfielders are particularly quick these days and it's a quality we badly miss.

45 goals in 170 appearances for his old club albeit in the Uruguayan league. Not sure how mobile he is but if he`s a playmaker hopefully we`ll be seeing him thread some nice through balls to our strikers.Hoping to see more of him over the next few games with Guthrie out.....but I wouldn`t be surprised to see Butt and Geremi in centre midfield now :(

45 goals in 170 appearances for his old club albeit in the Uruguayan league. Not sure how mobile he is but if he`s a playmaker hopefully we`ll be seeing him thread some nice through balls to our strikers.Hoping to see more of him over the next few games with Guthrie out.....but I wouldn`t be surprised to see Butt and Geremi in centre midfield now :(

Anybody could see that our strongest team doesn't include Butt AND Geremi. I'd rather take Geremi in CM than Butt tbh.

Guest Stephen927

I don't think size/strength plays a bit a part in football as many people would think. As a defender, of course it matters, but with certain positions like attacking midfielder, winger or striker, it doesn't always matter as long as you have good technique, skill, speed etc.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Looks too lightweight imo

if i had a quid for every time someone said that about a future star

You'd have about a tenner?

How bizarre - I thought he looked very ordinary and if this is the answer to our central midfield creativity problems then we are in a lot of trouble.

I disagree. I thought he showed for the ball at every opportunity, passing and moving, and even won it back a couple of times. Some of the passes he attempted were at least more inventive than whatever else we have currently. Not saying he IS the answer, but he could definitely be one of the better options we have for the position at the moment.

How bizarre - I thought he looked very ordinary and if this is the answer to our central midfield creativity problems then we are in a lot of trouble.

I disagree. I thought he showed for the ball at every opportunity, passing and moving, and even won it back a couple of times. Some of the passes he attempted were at least more inventive than whatever else we have currently. Not saying he IS the answer, but he could definitely be one of the better options we have for the position at the moment.

Well, we will see, hope I'm wrong!

YOu have to ask yourself why he's being loaned out.

Fucking hell.

I remember when Anelka was loaned out to Liverpool at some point. So what;s your point?

I remember when Anelka was loaned out to Liverpool at some point. So what;s your point?

How old was he then?

Personally, i thought he showed all the typical attributes of a south american. Good short range passing, steady feet, good ball control, always trying the move the ball on quickly but what i was mainly suprised about was his pace. He seemed alot quicker than i expected him to be.

Still early days but i'm looking forward to seeing if the lad can add something special to our midfield.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Personally, i thought he showed all the typical attributes of a south american. Good short range passing, steady feet, good ball control, always trying the move the ball on quickly but what i was mainly suprised about was his pace. He seemed alot quicker than i expected him to be.

Still early days but i'm looking forward to seeing if the lad can add something special to our midfield.

I'm special compared to Nicky Butt and Danny Guthrie.

I'm special compared to Nicky Butt and Danny Guthrie.

You are special like ;)

what's with the Guthrie bashing? very very harsh on the lad

He had a shocker against Hull, however he wasn't the only one. Nicky Butt was absolutely woeful and he's meant to be "experianced".

aye butt looked like he'd never played football before in his life, disgusting...that was the nicky butt who turned up from manu basically

Guest Gallowgate Mag

He may have heart and done alright since he came, but he is a very very average footballer.

He had a shocker against Hull, however he wasn't the only one. Nicky Butt was absolutely woeful and he's meant to be "experianced".

He didnt have a shocker against Hull at all IMO. One moment of madness in the 93rd minute doesnt mean he had a "shocker". In fact he was probably one of the few that actually put in an adequate/half decent shift. He barely ever lost the ball and had a good first touch.

He may have heart and done alright since he came, but he is a very very average footballer.

Have to disagree. He's showed real potential to be a very very good player in my opinion.

Totally agree.