Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 30/08/08 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

We played Arsenal twice away in the space of a week under Keegan last season, 3-0 to them each time - at the moment not much has changed in terms of personnel so I don't know why people seem so downbeat that we might - shock - lose a game to one of the top four teams, away from home.  Even losing this we're still a point better off than I expected after three games.

Had something to do with the Arse looking like slow starters this season, had a smidgeon of hope there. Right now they are to us what we are to Tottenham. Big bogey.

Unsuprising result so far, shame we conceeded the second so easily after arsenal had taken there foot off the pedal and let us into the game. our defence will continue to look fragile whilst the midfield is so weak. if there is one thing the commentators got right its the comment comparing fulhams midfield last week to ours. thought guthrie has done well.

Get Barton on to snap some legs and haul shola off rather one of the kids be on than that useless waste of space, where showing the arse to much respect

Exactly. We're beaten and Joey's probably going to be suspended.

GO ON JOEY, DO WHAT YOU'RE GOOD AT.

Getting outclassed, but it's not surprising. Arsenal clearly on a different level to us. What I find surprising is how they looked so ordinary against Fulham, last week?

For us - we are struggling to live with their movement in midfield. Ameobi clearly isn't fit, but given our lack of options on the bench there's little we can do. Jonas looks our best player and hope for creating something.

Also disappointing to see Enrique go off - our injury curse has struck again

Get Barton on to snap some legs and haul shola off rather one of the kids be on than that useless waste of space, where showing the arse to much respect

Exactly. We're beaten and Joey's probably going to be suspended.

GO ON JOEY, DO WHAT YOU'RE GOOD AT.

You're not allowed to bring fags on the pitch tho!

Jonas looks good, Owen lurking dangerously but other than that we look very very tame. We need some good signings and quick. Enrique off injured  :weep: If  we haven't got at least one really good attacking player then we have no chance of getting to Europe or doing anything. If we have sold Milner and not replaced him  :rant:

Taylor has been a liability.

Bollocks tbf. On par with Coloccini

Well they say it's a game of opinions and in mine Colo has been covering for Taylor on just about every one of their counter attacks.

Shola's made 2 excellent contributions. If it was the Zog doing it you'd think he was after a transfer to Arsenal. F*** it. Sell lose Shola to Arsenal ladies. They're used to fannies.

Barton on and leave Owen up front to do what he does best without being Shola'd.

Taylor has been a liability.

Bollocks tbf. On par with Coloccini

If anything Colo dabbling in midfield has been more problematic at times.

Yup. I'd agree with that. Dunno what the hell he was thinking on that one occasion especially. Just starts running forward suddenly

Guest firetotheworks

Getting outclassed, but it's not surprising. Arsenal clearly on a different level to us. What I find surprising is how they looked so ordinary against Fulham, last week?

Fabregas not playing last week would be my guess.