Expectations for this season?

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think the reason for so many differing opinions regarding who we need to sign is down to people holding different expectations as to what the club should be aiming to do for this season.

While the transfer window remains open, what were your expectations for this season, and why?

Where's the 'midtable Premiership table filler' option? It's not like the minimum this squad will achieve is a top half finish, and our luck would have to be real sour for us to be drawn into a relegation fight, although two or three long term injuries to crucial players and I wouldn´t rule it out completely..

Maintain a top-half spot, with an outside chance of UEFA. Kind of a middle between options three and four, so i selected the fourth. Which, btw, will be very difficult to achieve with this current centre-midfield (ie Butt-Guthrie).

at the minute i expect top half with a few entertaining performances, though if injuries don't go our way we'll struggle to achieve this. get 3 or 4 first team signings of the quality of Jonas and Coloccini and it'll be challenge for UEFA cup place

Where's the 'midtable Premiership table filler' option?

As we saw last season, coming 12th is avoiding relegation.

No it isn´t.. Middle to lower bottom half is avoiding relegation. This poll is incredibly biased, as you have failed to include anywhere between 11th and 15th..

at the minute i expect top half with a few entertaining performances, though if injuries don't go our way we'll struggle to achieve this. get 3 or 4 first team signings of the quality of Jonas and Coloccini and it'll be challenge for UEFA cup place

The question I'm asking is not what you expect us to do with the players we've got, but your expectations of the club full stop.

The question I'm asking is not what you expect us to do with the players we've got, but your expectations of the club full stop.

Well, these concepts are fairly related wouldn´t you say? I would expect the club to aim for no less than European football, but expect us to finish midtable with the current squad, hency why I am disappointed with our summer transfer activity so far.

Guest Anders28

I expect us to challenge for a Euro-cup spot, and do well in FA & Carling Cup.

Not that I expect Newcastle to qualify for Uefa-cup but that we challenge for it.

Edit: And to beat Mackems, Boro and Spurs in both games ;)