La Liga 2008/09

Mr. Snrub

So frustrating watching Spanigh footie. There are moments of sheer brilliance abundantly in most games, but they also are such babies. Like a bunch of kids kicking around. Makes me sick watching them roll around getting each other sent off.

De La Pena last night, had his foot stood on went down like his shin was broke.

Always liked a dive, though. Shame because he's a cracking player.

I miss Sunday night La Liga immensely with not having Sky. Great thing to stick on, as there's chuff all else.

Guest LucaAltieri

Watching Athletic Bilbao vs. Barcelona at the moment. Still 0-0 but after the horror show of earlier its nice to see two teams who can get the ball down and play it. Some nice passing so far.

Also, Valdés has been a fucking beast.

Love Bilbao purely for their Basque only policy.

I am amazed that a team can survive in a top league with that strategy. Can youo imagine if Newcastle only used Geordie players?...whil everyone else had free pickings of great players around the world. It's not even like they get all the good Basque players. People like Mikel Arteta and Mendieta never played for them.

Guest Heneage

Love Bilbao purely for their Basque only policy.

I am amazed that a team can survive in a top league with that strategy. Can youo imagine if Newcastle only used Geordie players?...whil everyone else had free pickings of great players around the world. It's not even like they get all the good Basque players. People like Mikel Arteta and Mendieta never played for them.

Well its a bit wider than that, its like only playing players from the North East.

So it would be.

-                                  Harper

Edgar              Taylor            Wheater            Andy Taylor

Johnson          Carrick            Leadbitter          Downing

Chopra            Carroll?

Wow interesting.

Guest Heneage

I believe he qualifies as is brought through youth system and has a Geordie parent.

So I guess instead it would be err, Huntington.

Anyone watch the Villareal v Ath Madrid match ? Been awesome, Simao scores a screamer after 60 seconds, then 2-0 to ath, who then get a man sent off. After halftime, Villareal score 4 goals in 20 mins. Simoa then pulls one back, (4-3), one minute later free kick header 4-4. Forlan could of made it 4-5 just after that as well. Brilliant game.

Guest deporik

I wonder if Luque's getting much of a look in at Malaga? :lol:

Think they're about 6th this season.

He played in the starting line-up once or twice and then got injured. Since then, he's been used as a sub alot. I think he got about 5 mins tonight as Malaga beat Sevilla away from home.

Any chance you can loan us Xisco back if you're not going to use him. Our strikers at Depor couldn't hit a cow's ass with a banjo at the moment.

I wonder if Luque's getting much of a look in at Malaga? :lol:

Think they're about 6th this season.

He played in the starting line-up once or twice and then got injured. Since then, he's been used as a sub alot. I think he got about 5 mins tonight as Malaga beat Sevilla away from home.

Any chance you can loan us Xisco back if you're not going to use him. Our strikers at Depor couldn't hit a cow's ass with a banjo at the moment.

:lol:

this sort of thing is becoming way more common than before......:(

--

Herald Tribune Sports

Real Madrid midfielder Ruben De La Red was taken to hospital after collapsing during his team's Copa del Rey match with Real Union on Thursday.

De La Red fell as he was walking away from the penalty area in the 13th minute of the fourth round first-leg match at Real Union's Gal Stadium.

The Spain international required treatment for two minutes on the field before being carried off on a stretcher.

Initial reports said De La Red suffered a sudden drop in blood pressure and recovered consciousness. However, the player was expected to be kept in hospital overnight for observation.

this sort of thing is becoming way more common than before......:(

--

Herald Tribune Sports

Real Madrid midfielder Ruben De La Red was taken to hospital after collapsing during his team's Copa del Rey match with Real Union on Thursday.

De La Red fell as he was walking away from the penalty area in the 13th minute of the fourth round first-leg match at Real Union's Gal Stadium.

The Spain international required treatment for two minutes on the field before being carried off on a stretcher.

Initial reports said De La Red suffered a sudden drop in blood pressure and recovered consciousness. However, the player was expected to be kept in hospital overnight for observation.

Thats sad one hell of a player as well