Owen dropped, Bullard called-up.

Optimistic Nut

Guest neesy111

What is the team?

Lampard Gerrard again?

You're going to be the shit when one of them retires.

Gerrard is injured which is half of the reason Bullard was called up. The other half being Hargreaves and Carrick.

tbf, guthrie is better player than bullard

Guest tuppence

Hope Owen doesn't think he'll have to move to get back in the England squad!

Just what I was thinking, I am a bit worried this might affect his decision to sign a new contract for us. We all know he'll be very disappointed as he wants to keep Charlton's record in his sights.

Guest neesy111

only 1 striker with more than 10 international goals in the team, how on earth does emile heskey get there

i hoped capello would be different, but looks like he's only here a fat pay day

I think Jimmy is the sort of player we need to play against Andorra in that he will try & do something rather than arse with the ball on the  halfway line passing it between defence & midfield. Not sure I would use him in the Croatia game though.

Quote from Capello the other day;

""Owen is a good player and always scores a lot of goals for England," Capello said on Wednesday before adding:

"But he has not played and at this moment, we need fit players."

Reassuring that its partially fitness related.

Quote from Capello the other day;

""Owen is a good player and always scores a lot of goals for England," Capello said on Wednesday before adding:

"But he has not played and at this moment, we need fit players."

Reassuring that its partially fitness related.

I was about to say that. Owen has played 1 lot of 90mins in how many months ? This isn`t a friendly either is it?

Guest quklaani

No one will believe me, but I actually called Bullard's inclusion to a friend.  Not really that bad a pick, better than jenas anyway.

The rest of the squad is a bit mental, Downing but not Young?

edit: Good God...Green got called up, minor miracle that.  No chance he'll play, but its progress.

Hope Owen doesn't think he'll have to move to get back in the England squad!

This is what popped in to my head as well.But to be fair he missed the first few games so maybe Capello thinks he mightened be sharp enough to play.Walcott in and no young,fucking hell

Guest Toon Argy

Does Beckham really deserve to be in there still?

No, and he hasn't for years.

He is easily one of the best 22 English players and should always be in before Lampard.

I think Jimmy is the sort of player we need to play against Andorra in that he will try & do something rather than arse with the ball on the  halfway line passing it between defence & midfield. Not sure I would use him in the Croatia game though.

I suggested him a while ago cracking player much better than what we have already but loadsa people said "too old".

He is easily one of the best 22 English players and should always be in before Lampard.

Agree I am surprised at Mr Capello's ignorance.

There simply isn't another current Englishmen with the goal pedigree that Michael Owen has 41 goals in 89 Internationals.

8 goals in his last 11 Premiership games also.

Quite bizarre... I would guess Capello has brought back Emile Heskey to get the goals.  :undecided:

Was all for the appointment of Capello, but is taking the piss now?

Downing, Jenas, Bullard and Beckham all ahead of Ashley Young? Fucking disgrace, tbh, and it's almost as bad that Agbonglahor isn't in, but Heskey and Walcott are.