Xisco signed from Deportivo on 5 year deal

Guest hindu times

There seems to be no outstanding quality to him but he worked hard and seems up for a battle. Too early to cast judgment though, delighted he scored.

i'd echo this. i think he'll do ok. i'd like to see him with Martins as he'd look better with a quick player stretching the opposition. also needs to work on his first touch as he's not got skill or pace to fall back on if it fails him.

I didn't think he looked that good today, promising, but not great. I'm hardly going to slate him for that though. One training session with us is it? He's not match fit and he's seriously been thrown in at the deep end, in a fucking massive swimming pool of shit. Looks like a decent target man; would have worked nicely in the Keegan 4-3-3 set-up (which Hughton hilariously tried to enforce today with Shola), with Oba and Owen.

Guest optimistic nit

Agreed with blue star. hope he gets better with time. didnt look any better than shola tbh.

he looked MUCH better than shola. he didn't look refined, he wasn't great, but he got himself into good positions and thats half the battle as far as a striker is concerned. i think he looked promising, although he will need to improve.

He looked faster on the vids I seen of him, but a good grafter and he did cause problems, make Hull panic defend a few times..

He's lacking fitness.

He's used to running across a computer monitor, not a football pitch which is obviously much bigger.  He therefore looks a lot slower and gets tired.  Quite obvious when you think about it.

I have to admit that watching the game on Sky Xisco looked a lot better than I realised at the time.

He looks like a typical target man though so is going to be very reliant on the service to him, but when we manged that he looked half decent.  Early days I know, but comparing him to Shola even on that one performance is crazy talk.

got better as the game progressed and even better when not paired with shola! jury still out but seen better and worse debuts.

i thought he looked miles better when shola went off (but then again, most of them did  ;D)

he gets into a good position, always involved when a good ball (nzogbia or gerimi) comes in, he could take them down, but as you guys said, a bit weak first touch, wich always lead him to passing out to either owen, or one of the midfielders so they could finish from the 16m.

promising i would say, would be very interesting to see him fully match fit!

1 goal for the club! :smitten:

Guest Jawesome

He looked faster on the vids I seen of him, but a good grafter and he did cause problems, make Hull panic defend a few times..

He's lacking fitness.

He's used to running across a computer monitor, not a football pitch which is obviously much bigger.  He therefore looks a lot slower and gets tired.  Quite obvious when you think about it.

Xisco systems LOL!

Guest Toon Lad

Xiscodisco Xiscodisco Xiscodisco

As for Shola he has to be the worst player in the epl, he is a disgusting player, and that disgusting grin he had when his shot at goal went out for a throw in pissed me off..

and that disgusting grin he had when his shot at goal went out for a throw in pissed me off..

Why does he always do that? Smiles like a moron standing up straight with both his hands on top of his head after he's fucked up. There really is something clinically wrong with him.

It's a shame that Jonathan Pearce has to refer to him as Shishco like... i mean, even if we're being pedantic and that is the correct pronunciation, no one calls him that, so, why? :undecided:

Still not as good as Merson pronouncing it as "Sicko", he really is as thick as mince.

Made me laugh anyway.

and that disgusting grin he had when his shot at goal went out for a throw in pissed me off..

Why does he always do that? Smiles like a moron standing up straight with both his hands on top of his head after he's f***ed up. There really is something clinically wrong with him.

Its called playing with a smile and keeping hopes up and not being a complete doom monger.

Why does he always do that? Smiles like a moron standing up straight with both his hands on top of his head after he's f***ed up. There really is something clinically wrong with him.

Its called playing with a smile and keeping hopes up and not being a complete doom monger.

How dare he.

It's a shame that Jonathan Pearce has to refer to him as Shishco like... i mean, even if we're being pedantic and that is the correct pronunciation, no one calls him that, so, why? :undecided:

Still not as good as Merson pronouncing it as "Sicko", he really is as thick as mince.

Made me laugh anyway.

He's called Zico according to Paul Merson

He seemed to have a poor first touch, but was quick for a target man. Viduka, Carroll and Shola are all slow and wouldn't have been sharp enough to get that goal.

He didn't look the complete package, but he got stuck in and will be a good addition to the squad for £5 million.

Its unfair to judge him on the back of that game, but in all honesty I thought he was pretty poor up until Ameobi went off. His touch and confidence was much better after that point. Pleased he scored. He's now officially on par with Stephane Guivarc'h.