Xisco signed from Deportivo on 5 year deal

Guest hindu times

If he's 6'2, does he come under the "mobile target man" category that some have been whinging on about for weeks?

from the Deportivo forums

Xisco also suffers from the occassional muscular problems but if KK wants a target man alongside the likes of Owen/Martins, he could fill that role well and chip in with a few goals too.

I think his team play has been his most improved attribute in the last year. His holding up of the ball with his back to goal, thus allowing the midfield to join the attacks was a feature of last year that really improved noticeably. He's also a brave striker, not scared to roll his sleeves up and get stuck in, which will no doubt go down well with the Geordie faithfull. He's not exactly lightning quick but for a target man, he has a turn of speed.

If he's 6'2, does he come under the "mobile target man" category that some have been whinging on about for weeks?

from the Deportivo forums

Xisco also suffers from the occassional muscular problems but if KK wants a target man alongside the likes of Owen/Martins, he could fill that role well and chip in with a few goals too.

I think his team play has been his most improved attribute in the last year. His holding up of the ball with his back to goal, thus allowing the midfield to join the attacks was a feature of last year that really improved noticeably. He's also a brave striker, not scared to roll his sleeves up and get stuck in, which will no doubt go down well with the Geordie faithfull. He's not exactly lightning quick but for a target man, he has a turn of speed.

*Drool*

Does anyone actually care we're going foreign rather than paying the ridiculous English prices?

Nope, the Milner sale demonstrates how insane things are getting. He cost more than Nasri FFS.

And Van Der Vaart

And fucking Deco :lol:

Does anyone actually care we're going foreign rather than paying the ridiculous English prices?

Nope, the Milner sale demonstrates how insane things are getting. He cost more than Nasri FFS.

And potentially Guthrie, Jonas and Xisco put together.

Guest GeordieNick
It's just another 5 foot nothing striker for Newcastle to pin their hopes on, he's nothing to write home about from what i've seen.

:smug:

this on the Villa forums

"Numbs the pain of them losing Milner to us" :lol:

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=43950&sid=158f9dcf4c40f50c24cce34b1552d3fe

haha, love that. to be honest mate i think the 12 million numbed the pain, 6 million would've seen it totally numbed, but twice as much as he's worth made me completely numb from head to toe. watching him do slow motion step overs, running slowly and crossing and finishing badly for villa for the rest of the season should see me in a constant state of numbness alright

It's just another 5 foot nothing striker for Newcastle to pin their hopes on, he's nothing to write home about from what i've seen.

:smug:

I love it when people claim to have seen players and slate them when they clearly haven't. Like the bloke at work who keeps going on about our midget righback Beye who is apparently shit.

Xisco in Newcastle talks

PA

Monday, 1 September 2008

Xisco would join former Depor team-mate Fabricio Coloccini at St James' Park should he complete his move, following the defender's transfer earlier this summer.

Independent.co.uk  Web 

Deportivo La Coruna have accepted an offer from Newcastle for striker Xisco.

The Spanish side also confirmed the striker is in talks with the Barclays Premier League club.

Xisco would join former Depor team-mate Fabricio Coloccini at St James' Park should he complete his move, following the defender's transfer earlier this summer.

A Depor spokesman would not reveal the fee but told PA Sport that 22-year-old Xisco was in negotiations with Newcastle with a view to completing his move before the transfer window closes at midnight.

Earlier, Depor coach Miguel Angel Lotina admitted he was resigned to losing the Spanish Under-21 striker.

"Today I was told that there are a lot of possibilities that he will go to Newcastle," Lotina told radio station Onda Cero.

"He is an important player but the offer which Newcastle made must also have been important.

"Moreover, he has only two years left on his contract and, it is obvious, that if he doesn't renew, he'll go.

"I don't have confirmation that it has been done, but an offer exists."

Lotina also praised the player for improving significantly since coming back from a season-long loan deal at second division side UD Vecindario.

Xisco returned for the beginning of last season and immediately proved his worth by scoring nine goals in 14 games.

Lotina added: "He was playing for Vecindario 14 months ago and now he receives an offer from an English club."