KK: "Judge me at midnight"

Decky

People on here make me laugh, yesterday we were probably signing nobody, but people would be happy if we got a attacking midfielder and striker in.  We get an attacking midfielder and striker in and its the end of the f***ing world, you're all f***ing knob heads :lol: (appart from the few with some sense like Yorkie).

Also what did Keegan say last week.. think back.  He said we had two deals he was confident about and a few maybe's.  We've gotten the two in and may get another from the maybe's announced tomorrow, so how exactly has he lied or been lied too?  Please stop acting like frustrated children, get some sleep and come back when you can think straight, because all the knee jerking going on here is quite frankly pathetic.

This!

Gonzales is the Milner replacement, before Milner left KK said 3 in, a defender, striker and a midfielder. We got one of those, I wasn't arsed about a defender tbh until KK said we would get one in, now I'm pissed off, he should have just shut up, thats the third time this summer he's bullshitted.

He got 2 of those 3.  :lol:

He said those three before Milner was sold, Gonzales looks to be a quick Milner replacement.

I thought he said it on friday at the press conference.

I thought it was before that? Either way, he should keep his mouth shut, I wouldn't have minded about the defender, but since we were going to bring one in then didn't, I'm a bit gutted. Then again I don't really give a shit, I'd rather get beat 4-3 than win one nil anyway.

I get the impression that too many people think Newcastle Utd can just click their fingers and players will queue up to join us.

I fear that the public perception of the club is making KK's job of signing players 2,3,4 times as hard as it ordinarily would. He is managing to do it slowly but once again, I think there are just more atrractive clubs for the higher quality players (of the level we feel we need to progress) to join at this moment in time.

I'm  moderately happy with this transfer window, but KK made created his own problem when he went about with statements like

1) Milner will be replaced (that was after we got Jonas)

2) we have 4/5 hot irons including a wow signing

Should have just shut up or said we'll try our best, no need to take the fans for a ride (though I know it probably wasnt intentional)

What the hell are you talking about?  He didn't say any of that!

I mean really, the man is being judged on Chinese f***ing whispers :doh:

Ok mate, maybe the Milner was bit was a stretch coz he just said that he's getting the money from Milner's sale. But he DID say that we got 4/5 hot irons including a WOW signing (not verbatim) and he DID asked us to judge him by midnight....both combined which cretaed the impression that something big was gonna happen. If you disagree with me, then I'm afraid you just missed those interviews (I was believe it was either just before or just after the Arsenal game). So don't you :doh: me when you haven't got your facts right

I get the impression that too many people think Newcastle Utd can just click their fingers and players will queue up to join us.

I fear that the public perception of the club is making KK's job of signing players 2,3,4 times as hard as it ordinarily would. He is managing to do it slowly but once again, I think there are just more atrractive clubs for the higher quality players (of the level we feel we need to progress) to join at this moment in time.

I'm  moderately happy with this transfer window, but KK made created his own problem when he went about with statements like

1) Milner will be replaced (that was after we got Jonas)

2) we have 4/5 hot irons including a wow signing

Should have just shut up or said we'll try our best, no need to take the fans for a ride (though I know it probably wasnt intentional)

What the hell are you talking about?  He didn't say any of that!

I mean really, the man is being judged on Chinese f***ing whispers :doh:

Ok mate, maybe the Milner was bit was a stretch coz he just said that he's getting the money from Milner's sale. But he DID say that we got 4/5 hot irons including a WOW signing (not verbatim) and he DID asked us to judge him by midnight....both combined which cretaed the impression that something big was gonna happen. If you disagree with me, then I'm afraid you just missed those interviews (I was believe it was either just before or just after the Arsenal game). So don't you :doh: me when you haven't got your facts right

Zayatte would have been one of those had we not been fannying about.........and Atouba making a u turn. Not that bothered about Atouba as I think he`s shit anyway.......would rather have Tozer play

Guest optimistic nit

in keegans defence at no point did he mention a wow signing (players of quality is not the same thing, not even close) and he didn't say we would sign 4-5 players, just that we were attempting to sign 4-5 players, one of which i assume was kamil who we didn't sign, the other 1-2, who knows.

he did say we had a replacement lined up for milner, which we didn't (that, i dont think is nacho) and to judge him by midnight, which we are.

the Guardian said we bid for Emile Heskey, Florent Malouda and Timothée Atouba

i'm not sure what is more depressing, the fact we missed out on such a motley crew or the fact that we'd been reduced to bidding for them in the first place!

in all seriousness, deeply average set of players, not terrible by any means, some talent in there but all with that hint of crapness.

Guest optimistic nit

the Guardian said we bid for Emile Heskey, Florent Malouda and Timothée Atouba

i'm not sure what is more depressing, the fact we missed out on such a motley crew or the fact that we'd been reduced to bidding for them in the first place!

in all seriousness, deeply average set of players, not terrible by any means, some talent in there but all with that hint of crapness.

but since when do we believe what the papers say anyway? or do we just do it when it suits our point of view? if we believed every single link, we'd look like a bunch of idiots. that said, i would have been dissapointed had we signed any of those players.

dont know that much about atouba, apart from an apparent failure at spurs, i dont care if heskey is the flavour of the month, i would still not be impressed if he signed (not dissapointed, but it would be a very average signing) and florent malouda is shit, he's what laurent robert would be if he had no footballing talent.

in keegans defence at no point did he mention a wow signing (players of quality is not the same thing, not even close) and he didn't say we would sign 4-5 players, just that we were attempting to sign 4-5 players, one of which i assume was kamil who we didn't sign, the other 1-2, who knows.

he did say we had a replacement lined up for milner, which we didn't (that, i dont think is nacho) and to judge him by midnight, which we are.

I could swear I saw the press conference (after Milner's sale) when he said there will/might be a WOW signing. Like I said, a lot of people have missed some of the interviews and are now just claiming that Keagan didnt say this or that. This would explain the disparity of opinions. I don't have a problem with the signings we've made but it's when I compare the signings in the last few days with the expectation that KK created in the interviews/press conference, that's when I'm dissappointed. 

Not too worried about the LB situation, because I rate Enrique, and Zog is very capable of covering when he's out. I am disappointed we didn't get in a Diarra type for CM though. We will struggle against the top sides with our current engine room, so the way to go would be 4-3-3 I guess.

Oh, and I think the Xisco kid is going to be a bit of a revelation...could turn out to be our most important signing given our shit options up front when Viduka is inevitably out  injured.

Been an utter failure.

Our small squad has not got any bigger. We have no backup RB. No natural backup LB. Only 4 natural central midfielders, got knows what we'll do if we have injury problems. Right wing will have to to be Jonas or Geremi, and with the injury problems were having down the left we could be forced into playing Geremi on the right, which is an absolute farce.

I'm happy enough with our transfer window.

We have improved both the first team and the squad, and we've got a better manager now than we had twelve months ago. Think we'll finish top 8 this season.

Oh dear dont the dishes need washing pet  mackems.gif

Been an utter failure.

Our small squad has not got any bigger. We have no backup RB. No natural backup LB. Only 4 natural central midfielders, got knows what we'll do if we have injury problems. Right wing will have to to be Jonas or Geremi, and with the injury problems were having down the left we could be forced into playing Geremi on the right, which is an absolute farce.

Playing the man who has the most assists (guessing) for us last season is an absolute farce? Geremi's never going to set the world alight but he's no Smith.

Been an utter failure.

Playing the man who has the most assists (guessing) for us last season is an absolute farce? Geremi's never going to set the world alight but he's no Smith.

I'm not going to deny Geremi has a good delivery, he probably has the best in our team. But he in no way should be starting on our right wing. He has zero pace, can't beat a man and due to his lack of pace has problems tracking back when opponents break quickly, leaving Beye badly exposed.

My piont is Milner should have never been sold if we weren't going to buy a replacement.

Been an utter failure.

I'm not going to deny Geremi has a good delivery, he probably has the best in our team. But he in no way should be starting on our right wing. He has zero pace, can't beat a man and due to his lack of pace has problems tracking back when opponents break quickly, leaving Beye badly exposed.

My piont is Milner should have never been sold if we weren't going to buy a replacement.

Why are you ignoring Geremi being a better player than Milner. There is also an arguement that Jonas was bought as Milner's replacement as he plays on the right wing.