KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Load of bollocks - that was based on the question 'If you could sign anyone in the world who would it be?'.

Just pointing out where they got that link from. Also, I actually agree with Keegan on this one; sometimes a window of opportunity opens and you can try to attract a player above your station, just like we did with Owen.

Load of bollocks - that was based on the question 'If you could sign anyone in the world who would it be?'.

Just pointing out where they got that link from. Also, I actually agree with Keegan on this one; sometimes a window of opportunity opens and you can try to attract a player above your station, just like we did with Owen.

Yeah I wasn't having a go at you, more the article in the first place. He was asked by a little kid (IIRC) who would be his dream signing - he said Henry. Next thing they made out Keegan seriously wanted us to go for him. The article was bollocks, and I simply don't believe it now either.

I'm pretty sure if you throw enough money at it, you can attract some pretty good players. Just look at Man City. We just need an owner with endless funds, pretty simple really.

Guest Darth Toon

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, on appointment on 16th January 2008, agreed to report to a Director of Football and to the Board.

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan has insisted new executive director Dennis Wise will be under his command.

Wise has been brought in to assist the board on football matters, and Keegan has moved to dispel any confusion over the hierarchical structure of the club.

He said: "I am all for the changes and I approve of them. They want someone on the board who understands football, and Dennis understands football very well.

"It will work very well. Dennis reports to me - the chain is established."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7216921.stm

If this was all agreed on the 16th Jan, how come KK was apparently still unaware of it just 2 weeks later?

You, Jonnypd and him, that's 3 people, counting is obviously not your strong point eh? Also, those 3 people have not pointed out any flaw in my logic, they totally missed the entire point of my logic, something you are obviously an expert at.

I've explained it for you a number of times now, if you're incapable of understanding it then I'm sorry for you.

Keep fishing though, you never know, I might just bite in the end, but don't count on it.

Pointing out flaws in your logic is exactly what we've been doing: You claim Keegan knew what he was getting into when what he and the club stated Dennis Wise would work under him (X), and what he was getting into was that he would work under Wise (Y). Your claim is that X = Y when clearly X  = !Y, ergo X != Y. That's the flaw in your logic, and if you can't see it, you're incapable of using logic at all. How old are you?

No, I am pointing out that it is specifically wrong for people to claim that Keegan had zero idea of the structure he was a part of. Nothing more nothing less.

I have not commented on whether Keegan was above or below Wise, that's an invention on your and some other's parts and shows that your ability to be rational has evaporated due to your passionate support of Keegan.

All I have been trying to do throughout this thread is attempt to get people to think about the situation logically and hold a balanced view. As the majority have totally bought into the Keegan is totally in the right, the board is totally in the wrong side of the argument that has necessitated asking questions of them in the main. The response of you and others like unbelievable! has been to ignore the fact that I have stated many times that I believe everyone to be at fault and label me as some kind of Ashley apologist, this is a somewhat immature thing to do and is reflected in the petty way you are questioning how old I am. For your information, the answer is almost certainly older than you, not that it's in any way relevant, other than to show that you're unable to have an adult argument without incorrectly and arrogantly assuming that anyone who disagrees with you must be a child. Irony is one of the things that amuses me the most on here so thanks for that, you've really cheered me up with that one. O0

That's about as much of a rise as you're going to get out of me, so I hope you enjoyed it.

if Modric was not on keegan's list why was he apparently so upset over it?

sounds like keegan had a decent list of targets, the likes of Modric, Guthrie, Dunne, Warnock, and was also pushing for a 'wow' signing like Lampard or Henry. and i must say, if it's true that either of them were keen to come here the board needs shooting for not pushing the deal through as either of those would be fantastic players to have here. I also remember he was keen on Deco, but the 'source' kindly refrains from mentioning his name, perhaps because he was superb value at £8m and is going to be such an obvious success and it would undermine their stance.

also seems like keegan was prepared to comprimise on targets whereas wise and co were not. for instance keegan listened to what scouts like Vetere said, went out and watched players like Gomis personally and made a judgement. in that case he felt Gomis (and Gomez?) weren't of the required standard, looks like he was right. and he's also agreed to check out others and bring them in. yet the board failed to go out and land anyone other than Guthrie who was an easy target as he was so cheap and had no other option but Bolton. even targets Keegan and Vetere seemed to have consensus on, the likes of Turan or Moutinho, who we'd both reported to have enquired about, were not followed up by Wise and Jiminez. probably because they asked for the going rate and our club is too stingy to spend a penny. this is where the problems seem to arise, and on the final days of the window, when he is hoping the club is doing what it can to bring the players he wants in, he finds out they've ignored what he wants, are bringing in players theyve never even discussed with Keegan, had the working relationship detoriate (to the point where they tell keegan to look on youtube - what a fucking cheek) and put the whole squad up for sale.

Guest black n white

has there been any quotes from milner today....

I'm all for people boycotting merchandise and even the games but there is talk of a players strike and they could....but i certainly would'nt back that

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, on appointment on 16th January 2008, agreed to report to a Director of Football and to the Board.

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan has insisted new executive director Dennis Wise will be under his command.

Wise has been brought in to assist the board on football matters, and Keegan has moved to dispel any confusion over the hierarchical structure of the club.

He said: "I am all for the changes and I approve of them. They want someone on the board who understands football, and Dennis understands football very well.

If this was all agreed on the 16th Jan, how come KK was apparently still unaware of it just 2 weeks later?

The statement from the club is trying to rewrite history, we've had Wise saying Keegan had the final say on transfers and Keegan saying that Wise reported to him - the club never stepped in to say any different and is now claiming this whole set up was in place from day one and everyone had agreed to it.

The statement from the club is trying to rewrite history, we've had Wise saying Keegan had the final say on transfers and Keegan saying that Wise reported to him - the club never stepped in to say any different and is now claiming this whole set up was in place from day one and everyone had agreed to it.

"The structure at NUFC is clear, and has been clear from 16th January 2008."

Has it fuck!

This has been said time and time again on this thread. The only reason it has needed to be reiterated is down to the Contrary Marys on here refusing to acknowledge the - now blindingly obvious - subterfuge that's gone on.

Milner sorry for Keegan departure

Aston Villa's recent recruit James Milner has expressed his "massive sympathy" for the recent events at former club Newcastle.

Milner left the Magpies in a £12million switch to Villa a fortnight ago and it is thought his sale was one of the reasons which prompted Kevin Keegan to question his own future on Tyneside.

Following a week of speculation, Keegan finally called time on his second spell at St James' Park on Thursday - and the events of the past seven days have caught even Milner himself by surprise.

"What is going on now at Newcastle showed what was going on behind the scenes at the club," he told the Sunday Mirror.

"Obviously I am delighted to be a Villa player now.

"I have massive sympathy for KK and the fans.

"He was a fantastic manager to work with, even though it was a short space of time. I can't say a bad word about him."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1767_4113385,00.html

Bit in bold is very interesting.

Milner sorry for Keegan departure

Aston Villa's recent recruit James Milner has expressed his "massive sympathy" for the recent events at former club Newcastle.

Milner left the Magpies in a £12million switch to Villa a fortnight ago and it is thought his sale was one of the reasons which prompted Kevin Keegan to question his own future on Tyneside.

Following a week of speculation, Keegan finally called time on his second spell at St James' Park on Thursday - and the events of the past seven days have caught even Milner himself by surprise.

"What is going on now at Newcastle showed what was going on behind the scenes at the club," he told the Sunday Mirror.

"Obviously I am delighted to be a Villa player now.

"I have massive sympathy for KK and the fans.

"He was a fantastic manager to work with, even though it was a short space of time. I can't say a bad word about him."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1767_4113385,00.html

Bit in bold is very interesting.

I tjink the bit just below is much more relevant.

Guest Geordiesned

I'm expected a new official club statement any time soon:

"It is a fact our dads are bigger than your dads so ner ner ner ner ner!"

ala Frankie Boyle:

"My dad'll shag yer dad....and yer dad'll enjoy it!"

ala Frankie Boyle:

Love Frankie Boyle, effing hilarious, but I think he tries too hard to be controversial sometimes. Anyway, that's a topic for another forum.

ala Frankie Boyle:

Love Frankie Boyle, effing hilarious, but I think he tries too hard to be controversial sometimes. Anyway, that's a topic for another forum.

So Lien, what's your take on this affair from an outsider's perspective? Do you think there is any way back for Ashley after the events of this week? Also, looks like we may be in competition for the Indian billionaire.. Do fans/you want him at your club?

No, I am pointing out that it is specifically wrong for people to claim that Keegan had zero idea of the structure he was a part of. Nothing more nothing less.

I have not commented on whether Keegan was above or below Wise, that's an invention on your and some other's parts and shows that your ability to be rational has evaporated due to your passionate support of Keegan.

All I have been trying to do throughout this thread is attempt to get people to think about the situation logically and hold a balanced view. As the majority have totally bought into the Keegan is totally in the right, the board is totally in the wrong side of the argument that has necessitated asking questions of them in the main. The response of you and others like unbelievable! has been to ignore the fact that I have stated many times that I believe everyone to be at fault and label me as some kind of Ashley apologist, this is a somewhat immature thing to do and is reflected in the petty way you are questioning how old I am. For your information, the answer is almost certainly older than you, not that it's in any way relevant, other than to show that you're unable to have an adult argument without incorrectly and arrogantly assuming that anyone who disagrees with you must be a child. Irony is one of the things that amuses me the most on here so thanks for that, you've really cheered me up with that one. O0

That's about as much of a rise as you're going to get out of me, so I hope you enjoyed it.

Your example can't possibly show "logically" that Keegan knew precisely what kind of structure he was part of (then Wise reported to him, now he should report to Wise: those are two different structures). I'm showing that logically, your so-called "logic" is what in logic is called a non-sequitur. I questioned your age because, for all your talk of logic,  if you were 16 or less, you might be excused. Logic isn't what you think it is.

If your profile is correct, and you're 30, then there's no excuse for your bullshitting. Also, you're still younger than me.

ala Frankie Boyle:

So Lien, what's your take on this affair from an outsider's perspective? Do you think there is any way back for Ashley after the events of this week? Also, looks like we may be in competition for the Indian billionaire.. Do fans/you want him at your club?

I don't know the fine details but from what I do know, this whole debacle comes down to the general structure, and the fact that the landscape is changing. In British football particularly, the manager is seen as an emotionally iconic figure, he calls the shots, he does this, he does that, he's boss. Sadly though, I'd say Ferguson is one of the few of those type that remain. Like it or not this continental organisational hierarchy seems to be becoming increasingly dominant in contemporary football. There's no doubt it can work, but it's a case of adapting to change. In my personal opinion, I prefer the "manager is boss" approach.

I think there is a way back for Ashley. He needs to do something about it bloody quickly though. Communication needs to improve (I've said that a fair few times summer with regards to Everton), and he needs to be open. More importantly, he should be putting everything else on hold (including getting rat-arsed in the Big Apple), to get this new manager in. Someone who obviously is used to this set up. Rijkaard, someone who is used to big expectations, would be a good choice, if acquirable.

This Ambani character seems an interesting proposition. The last week or so has been a sad week for football, for me at least. A lack of trust has dominated, and secondly it's becoming a rich man's world, as it were. As much as we all want ethics, we all want a nice guy who understands the club to be in charge of it, but really, it has to be about the money. Bill Kenwright at our club is what I'm talking about (despite the negative publicity he's got). Fact is, he's a so-called nice guy who loves the club desperately, and wants the best, but has openly admitted a billionare is needed. "We don't want a millionaire, we need a billionaire", to quote him. I'd want Anil Ambani at my club personally, as long as they have no say in the footballing side of it. I don't want money to dominate but is there another way of keeping up with the speed at which clubs are moving nowadays?