KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not sure why you are concentrating on the negatives of KK so much Indi when what has happened is that he has come in and been given a job based on false foundations. He has had to resign this time not because of his own personal inadequacies but because he was lied to and the job presented to him was far from how it turned out to be. I like to stick by my principles so I agree 100% with him resigning from the post.

He said himself the day he arrived he didn't know what he was coming into though.

He told us funds were there from the start and over the course he has insisted that he was in control of players in and out. Obviously I am speculating here but that would appear to be the major reason in him resigning.

Guest timmy boy

What a load of shit,  after a decent start we now have a run of very winnable games which would of given us a very good start to the season now it's the same old scenario, what a joke of a club we are.

I wonder if Keegan will come out and tell us all what's gone on.

Never been that bothered about Curbishley either way, but I respect how he's come out and told the fans exactly what happened that forced him to resign.

Depends if he's signed a confidentiality agreement.

I know this is a shit situation, I know everyone's upset and I know I'm likely to get a load of shit for saying what I've got to say, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Do some of you support NUFC or KKFC? It seems that to a lot of people Keegan is way more important than the club, all those saying that their finished with the club, what the fuck are you on about!?! Perhaps Keegan could set up his own team and you could go and support them instead, seriously I know people are emotional at the moment but get a fucking grip!!

I like Kevin Keegan, I think he's a great bloke and a decent manager, I think he gets his teams to play football the way it should be played and I'm grateful to him for turning things around for us and getting the club back on its feet. I've also got a huge amount of respect for him for his previous time at NUFC, both as manager and as a player, his arrival in the eighties coinciding with the start of my interest in the club.

But the Kevin Keegan I like exists in reality, he has faults and makes mistakes, I still like him. He's stubborn and forces a situation to the extent that it causes the club a huge amount of damage, I still like him. He says he cares about the fans and the club, but doesn't say anything for three days whilst all kinds of shit is kicking off to the detriment of the club and the fans - although they don't seem to realise it - when a simple statement from him could have calmed the situation and protected the club from damage, I still like him.

The Kevin Keegan a lot of people seem to worship at the alter of is a myth, he is portrayed as someone who can do no wrong, who is totally selfless and devotes his existence to the furtherance of NUFC with no thought whatsoever to his own well being. He is a god and every word he utters is gospel - even when he contradicts what he said previously - but not only that he is a victim, he is weak and needs protection from the nasty cockneys who were out to get him from the start and are secretly trying to bring us down in the hope that it might benefit Spurs. Keegan is the lord and we will die, or rather kill on his behalf - even if the only thing that dies is the club we're supposed to love.

Now what's going to happen if it turns out that Keegan is not entirely blameless in all this?

Well, I'll still like him.

You on the other hand are left with a choice:

Have your illusion shattered, your idol fallen, your dreams dashed and kneejerk totally to the opposite, forever hating his guts and cursing his name.

or:

Deny reality, continue on with your delusion and pretend things aren't how they really are, shout and scream and bawl out anyone who disagrees with your faith.

Because I'm telling you now, no-one, not even Keegan is blameless in this. They've all played their role in this disaster, but only some of them have stuck around to try and sort it out.

NUFC's still here, you're supposed to be Newcastle supporters, are you going to support it, or what!?!

bit of a straw man argument as you seem to think people assume keegan has no flaws.

but that's wrong - the keegan that nufc fans love is the one that made the "i'd Love it if we beat them, love it" statement, the one we know is emotional and wears his heart on his sleeve. it is this passion and the desire to challenge things head on that has partly caused this situation. people arent denying that - they're just looking at it a  bit more deeply than you are and looking at what caused keegan to go head to head with llambias, rather than just focusing on the act of confrontation itself as if it existed in a vacuum  - without very real problems and underlying issues that, i presume, still exist at the club and will be probably be causing the new man the exact same problems 8 months down the line. similar problems have caused Curbishley to walk out at west ham, or Mourinho to leave Chelsea, or Redknapp to leave Southampton.

Exactly. I don't think KK doesn't have any flaws, he has many and some of them are what make him great but when I see him on the touchline, even when N'Zogbia is at left back or when Damien Duff is allowed to be alive, I support him because no matter what, I always, always believe that he is doing what he feels is best for NUFC. He doesn't let personal stuff get in the way of what he feels is the best thing for the club, he doesn't pick certain players to prove a point and he doesn't let his headstrong attitude ever get in the way of the football club. I can't say that about any other manager I've seen at NUFC (even Sir Bobby, bless him).

He also happens to be a fucking good manager who plays football the way it should be played.

If Arsenal forced Wenger out tomorrow, or Man Utd Fergie, their fans would be just as livid as we are. It's not a case of supporting KK, it's a case of wanting the best man for the job and for me that was KK. If he'd been doing a shit job and had to go, fair enough, but to see him leave for non-footballing reasons, forced out by people who couldn't give a fuck about the club, leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Ironic that we spoke to Redknapp in January too, as you say Johnny. He also left Pompey because of that Croatian bloke in the background, now he's come back, gets to buy his own players and he's doing a far superior job to first time round. Funny that isn't it?

I agree with the majority of the first two paragraphs apart from the bit about him never letting personal stuff get in the way of what is best for the club, the last few days is a prime example of him doing just that. The problem with KK in this instance is that he hasn't been able to differentiate between what is best for the club and what is best for Kevin Keegan. I'm not talking about whatever the reason was behind him being unhappy, I'm talking about the way that he's gone about things since. The last few days have been devastating for the club and KK has played his part in that, how can that be denied? He's obviously been leaking things to the press either directly or indirectly and those things have damaged the club, he's done this in an effort to pressurise the board into doing things his way. If he was only thinking about the club then he'd have done this behind closed doors and let the power of his argument and his famed powers of persuasion win the day. He hasn't just been thinking about the club, he's been thinking about himself as well and that's lead him to take some serious risks with the future of the club. Those risks have failed to pay off and the club has been damaged as a result.

The rest of what you wrote is one sided and based upon speculation, none of us know if he was "forced out", all we know is that he resigned, surely the easiest way to have forced him out would have been to give him the sack.

Never been that bothered about Curbishley either way, but I respect how he's come out and told the fans exactly what happened that forced him to resign.

If he loves the club like he says, then he won't have done. He owes it to us to let us know what's made him resign.

Just been reminded of the next few fixtures on SSN.

Cant help but feel that if KK had still been in charge, we could have had a cracking next few weeks

Perfect start for any new manager coming in.

Hardly, with the fans turning on Ashley and still hankering after Keegan, it's going to be tough for anyone to come in.

If he loves the club like he says, then he won't have done. He owes it to us to let us know what's made him resign.

hasn't he already done that by saying about no manager should have to accept player(s) he doesn't want ?

From Skunkers:

Here's the story why Keegan has left.

Last Friday Wise came to Keegan with Bastien Schweinstiger apparently signing, Keegan was happy with that, as he sanctioned the selling of Milner.

Then apparently Wise came back saying that he hadn't actually signed him, it had fallen through due Jiminez's interference. Keegan was fuming but was told there was still many targets in sights for the end of the window.

Keegan went to Arsenal not happy.

Monday morning Wise, Jiminez and Keegan meet again. Keegan was waiting for them to say such and such is signing. BUT NO.

It was a list of most of the key players of the squad with price tags next to them. Apparently Shay Given had a 10 million price tag and also Owen was on the list. Not only that Xisco et al were on the signing on list, Keegan said he didn't want any of them.

Keegan was furious and went mental. Wise said well its either you put up with what we are doing or you're "sacked". Keegan said well I'm sacked then and stormed off to Manchester.

Keegan didn't have any contact with Newcastle for awhile until he saw the statement, he then went to the LMA and told his side of the story.

Yesterday Derek Llmabas(sp?) went down to try and bring Keegan back but it failed and they instead sorted out compensation etc for Keegan leaving.

From Keegan's daughters other half.

There is absolutely no way Wise has/had the brass balls, neck, penkas, gonads, goolies or tinplate knackers to say that to Keegan.

Cant help but feel that if KK had still been in charge, we could have had a cracking next few weeks

Hardly, with the fans turning on Ashley and still hankering after Keegan, it's going to be tough for anyone to come in.

Totally agree. The players too were firmly behind KK apparently gaining their trust will be hard for anyone and dare I say near impossible for a wise/poyet combo.

Am I the only one who thinks these debates are absolutely pointless right now, as we have no way of knowing what's gone on behind closed doors? Nobody likes the fact that KK is gone, nor the timing of his departure. Nobody thinks Ashley & co. have handled this situation well, regardless of how it came about. Nobody but the people actually involved know how it all came down.

Well fuck off then if you think its pointless we dont need you ,there are a lot of very passionate and emotional fans atm trying to put over there thoughts and feelings at a time of massive upheavel at our beloved club . :tickedoff:

Ironically quite the opposite to what Kevin had

Guest Darth Toon

According to Louise Taylor he has, in exchange for not having to pay up for resigning.

Wouldn't have believed it this time yesterday, but it seems the mackem bitch has actually been spot on all along....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/sep/05/newcastleunited.premierleague?gusrc=rss&feed=football

"A source yesterday revealed that a clause in Keegan's contract made him liable to pay Ashley £2m in compensation if he quit. However, it is thought that with the 57-year-old having a case for constructive dismissal this demand has been waived in exchange for Keegan signing a confidentiality agreement. "

I know this is a shit situation, I know everyone's upset and I know I'm likely to get a load of shit for saying what I've got to say, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Do some of you support NUFC or KKFC? It seems that to a lot of people Keegan is way more important than the club, all those saying that their finished with the club, what the fuck are you on about!?! Perhaps Keegan could set up his own team and you could go and support them instead, seriously I know people are emotional at the moment but get a fucking grip!!

I like Kevin Keegan, I think he's a great bloke and a decent manager, I think he gets his teams to play football the way it should be played and I'm grateful to him for turning things around for us and getting the club back on its feet. I've also got a huge amount of respect for him for his previous time at NUFC, both as manager and as a player, his arrival in the eighties coinciding with the start of my interest in the club.

But the Kevin Keegan I like exists in reality, he has faults and makes mistakes, I still like him. He's stubborn and forces a situation to the extent that it causes the club a huge amount of damage, I still like him. He says he cares about the fans and the club, but doesn't say anything for three days whilst all kinds of shit is kicking off to the detriment of the club and the fans - although they don't seem to realise it - when a simple statement from him could have calmed the situation and protected the club from damage, I still like him.

The Kevin Keegan a lot of people seem to worship at the alter of is a myth, he is portrayed as someone who can do no wrong, who is totally selfless and devotes his existence to the furtherance of NUFC with no thought whatsoever to his own well being. He is a god and every word he utters is gospel - even when he contradicts what he said previously - but not only that he is a victim, he is weak and needs protection from the nasty cockneys who were out to get him from the start and are secretly trying to bring us down in the hope that it might benefit Spurs. Keegan is the lord and we will die, or rather kill on his behalf - even if the only thing that dies is the club we're supposed to love.

Now what's going to happen if it turns out that Keegan is not entirely blameless in all this?

Have your illusion shattered, your idol fallen, your dreams dashed and kneejerk totally to the opposite, forever hating his guts and cursing his name.

or:

Deny reality, continue on with your delusion and pretend things aren't how they really are, shout and scream and bawl out anyone who disagrees with your faith.

Because I'm telling you now, no-one, not even Keegan is blameless in this. They've all played their role in this disaster, but only some of them have stuck around to try and sort it out.

NUFC's still here, you're supposed to be Newcastle supporters, are you going to support it, or what!?!

bit of a straw man argument as you seem to think people assume keegan has no flaws.

but that's wrong - the keegan that nufc fans love is the one that made the "i'd Love it if we beat them, love it" statement, the one we know is emotional and wears his heart on his sleeve. it is this passion and the desire to challenge things head on that has partly caused this situation. people arent denying that - they're just looking at it a  bit more deeply than you are and looking at what caused keegan to go head to head with llambias, rather than just focusing on the act of confrontation itself as if it existed in a vacuum  - without very real problems and underlying issues that, i presume, still exist at the club and will be probably be causing the new man the exact same problems 8 months down the line. similar problems have caused Curbishley to walk out at west ham, or Mourinho to leave Chelsea, or Redknapp to leave Southampton.

So why has everyone who's dared to post something even remotely suggesting that Keegan might be at fault taken shit and abuse by the barrel-load? Plenty of people think he can do no wrong and are not prepared to hear a single word against him, read back through the thread if you don't believe me, it's there in black and white.

As for the rest of what you wrote, well you're making the assumption that just because I've criticised Keegan I must think that Ashley and Co can do no wrong and that's simply bollocks. You appear to see the word in a very simple way, black or white, right or wrong, good or bad, Keegan or Ashley, well that's not how I see it so you'll never be able to understand what I'm talking about.

i made that post cos i felt you were putting words in other fan's mouths, telling them what they are thinking. i thought that was patronising and demeaning so i pointed out where you were -factually - wrong so you might realise.

sadly you have just gotten worse and are throwing shit about telling me how i think and i how see the world.

what a fucking joke.

another decent poster turns into a raving lunatic.

for the record, people are responding to stuff they think is wrong, and it is often loaded because this is an emotional time. but maybe i should leave you to jump to conclusions and tell people their opinions instead of giving others a chance to speak for themselves.

Am I really putting words in their mouths?

Gobshite

We should also bear in mind that Keegan has never won a major trophy in his entire managerial career. The idea that he's a great manager is only a matter of opinion.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5092/fuckoffhh5.jpg

Spot on. Thats more like it!

Fighting talk

Ashley and his whole sorry crew of cockernee criminals must now leave asap ....their lives will be in danger if they come anywhere near St James ...time to go Ashley you fat fuckin disgrace....

And that's just the ones on this page, you're denying the obvious.

Yep. :nods:

After a summer of rumours I'd like him to come out publically and say exactly what forced him to resign. Just a bit of honesty really. It's not too much to ask is it?  :undecided:

From Skunkers:

Last Friday Wise came to Keegan with Bastien Schweinstiger apparently signing, Keegan was happy with that, as he sanctioned the selling of Milner.

Then apparently Wise came back saying that he hadn't actually signed him, it had fallen through due Jiminez's interference. Keegan was fuming but was told there was still many targets in sights for the end of the window.

Monday morning Wise, Jiminez and Keegan meet again. Keegan was waiting for them to say such and such is signing. BUT NO.

It was a list of most of the key players of the squad with price tags next to them. Apparently Shay Given had a 10 million price tag and also Owen was on the list. Not only that Xisco et al were on the signing on list, Keegan said he didn't want any of them.

Keegan was furious and went mental. Wise said well its either you put up with what we are doing or you're "sacked". Keegan said well I'm sacked then and stormed off to Manchester.

Keegan didn't have any contact with Newcastle for awhile until he saw the statement, he then went to the LMA and told his side of the story.

Yesterday Derek Llmabas(sp?) went down to try and bring Keegan back but it failed and they instead sorted out compensation etc for Keegan leaving.

someone elsewhere also said schweinsteiger was on his way in too.

the times also mentioned it.

that game at old trafford seems a long time ago now.

Do some of you support NUFC or KKFC? It seems that to a lot of people Keegan is way more important than the club, all those saying that their finished with the club, what the f*** are you on about!?! Perhaps Keegan could set up his own team and you could go and support them instead, seriously I know people are emotional at the moment but get a f***ing grip!!

Howay Indi, it isn't as simple as that man. NUFC or KK. I doubt you will find any self respecting Toon fan who feels KK is more important than the club, he isn't and never will be. This is why we are so upset, we feel for KK of course but we feel for the club and ourselves more. We will move on from KK, club and fans. But right now our club is broken and our hopes and aspirations are too which is a united football club we can be proud of and have some real faith in. I love the club and always will, the club to me is untouchable. But I have no faith in anyone connected with the club and I can't see a way forward with the people running the show at current whatsoever, at least with KK in charge a man I love, respect, have great faith and trust in I felt there is always a way forward. That's gone and the current lot can do nothing to restore that, nothing. The only answer is for them to follow KK out the door, that's how serious this now is.

I agree that the club is broken, I just think KK had a part in doing that.

After a summer of rumours I'd like him to come out publically and say exactly what forced him to resign. Just a bit of honesty really. It's not too much to ask is it?  :undecided:

Not going to happen. If Ashley had insisted on that "If you quit and walk away" 2M clause in his contract Keegan must have been out of his mind for signing it. Talk about being stitched up. What the hell was Ashley thinking of when he pulled that crap? That's the most shocking thing I've heard about this whole saga - if the slapper is speaking the truth of course.

I know this is a s*** situation, I know everyone's upset and I know I'm likely to get a load of s*** for saying what I've got to say, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Do some of you support NUFC or KKFC? It seems that to a lot of people Keegan is way more important than the club, all those saying that their finished with the club, what the f*** are you on about!?! Perhaps Keegan could set up his own team and you could go and support them instead, seriously I know people are emotional at the moment but get a f***ing grip!!

But the Kevin Keegan I like exists in reality, he has faults and makes mistakes, I still like him. He's stubborn and forces a situation to the extent that it causes the club a huge amount of damage, I still like him. He says he cares about the fans and the club, but doesn't say anything for three days whilst all kinds of s*** is kicking off to the detriment of the club and the fans - although they don't seem to realise it - when a simple statement from him could have calmed the situation and protected the club from damage, I still like him.

or:

Exactly. I don't think KK doesn't have any flaws, he has many and some of them are what make him great but when I see him on the touchline, even when N'Zogbia is at left back or when Damien Duff is allowed to be alive, I support him because no matter what, I always, always believe that he is doing what he feels is best for NUFC. He doesn't let personal stuff get in the way of what he feels is the best thing for the club, he doesn't pick certain players to prove a point and he doesn't let his headstrong attitude ever get in the way of the football club. I can't say that about any other manager I've seen at NUFC (even Sir Bobby, bless him).

He also happens to be a f***ing good manager who plays football the way it should be played.

If Arsenal forced Wenger out tomorrow, or Man Utd Fergie, their fans would be just as livid as we are. It's not a case of supporting KK, it's a case of wanting the best man for the job and for me that was KK. If he'd been doing a s*** job and had to go, fair enough, but to see him leave for non-footballing reasons, forced out by people who couldn't give a f*** about the club, leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Ironic that we spoke to Redknapp in January too, as you say Johnny. He also left Pompey because of that Croatian bloke in the background, now he's come back, gets to buy his own players and he's doing a far superior job to first time round. Funny that isn't it?

I agree with the majority of the first two paragraphs apart from the bit about him never letting personal stuff get in the way of what is best for the club, the last few days is a prime example of him doing just that. The problem with KK in this instance is that he hasn't been able to differentiate between what is best for the club and what is best for Kevin Keegan. I'm not talking about whatever the reason was behind him being unhappy, I'm talking about the way that he's gone about things since. The last few days have been devastating for the club and KK has played his part in that, how can that be denied? He's obviously been leaking things to the press either directly or indirectly and those things have damaged the club, he's done this in an effort to pressurise the board into doing things his way. If he was only thinking about the club then he'd have done this behind closed doors and let the power of his argument and his famed powers of persuasion win the day. He hasn't just been thinking about the club, he's been thinking about himself as well and that's lead him to take some serious risks with the future of the club. Those risks have failed to pay off and the club has been damaged as a result.

The rest of what you wrote is one sided and based upon speculation, none of us know if he was "forced out", all we know is that he resigned, surely the easiest way to have forced him out would have been to give him the sack.

How do you know for sure that he's leaked things to the press?? How do you know it's not been people from the club that's leaked it??

The media always find out one way or another what's going on, especially when it's something like a massive bust up!! There was no way that could have been kept quiet.

From Skunkers:

There is absolutely no way Wise has/had the brass balls, neck, penkas, gonads, goolies or tinplate knackers to say that to Keegan.

How on earth would you know that?

Am I the only one who thinks these debates are absolutely pointless right now, as we have no way of knowing what's gone on behind closed doors? Nobody likes the fact that KK is gone, nor the timing of his departure. Nobody thinks Ashley & co. have handled this situation well, regardless of how it came about. Nobody but the people actually involved know how it all came down.

Well f*** off then if you think its pointless we dont need you ,there are a lot of very passionate and emotional fans atm trying to put over there thoughts and feelings at a time of massive upheavel at our beloved club . :tickedoff:

??? I didn't intend to discount anyone's passion or emotion. I just don't think arguing about who-struck-John questions to which we don't know the answers really helps any one.

Not going to happen. If Ashley had insisted on that "If you quit and walk away" 2M clause in his contract Keegan must have been out of his mind for signing it. Talk about being stitched up. What the hell was Ashley thinking of when he pulled that crap? That's the most shocking thing I've heard about this whole saga - if the slapper is speaking the truth of course.

Perhaps Ashley got Keegan to agree to the £2m clause because he has a bit of a reputation for walking out on jobs?

From Skunkers:

How on earth would you know that?

What? Are you kidding? For starters Wise wouldn't have the authority to make such a threat and two, if he did, Terry Mac would have chinned the little runt.... :frantic:

I feel numb.

This has happened too often in the last decade, a perpetual downward slide, briefly arrested by hope before some inevitable disaster swallows us up again.

I'm sorry but, it's becoming hard to get angry, just sickened.