KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Agree. This what a piss statement that we surely could be without.

But as much you are throwing shit at them. Why could´t they do it?

Keegan is not a fucking perfect man.

I have some question mark at the board too. But like you are behaving I rather stand at there side than this embarrassing Keegan side. Beckham for Toon :frantic:

Guest elbee909

If the club had nothing to hide, then they wouldn't have got him to sign a confidentiality clause before coming out with this stuff.  Make it impossible for him to refute this shite, then spout a load of it.

(Who else finds it very, very hard to believe that Keegan would believe Lampard to be attractable?  Beckham, Ronaldinho, you could imagine them being vague possibles, not being so tied to their respective clubs exactly - but I think they've gone too far in try to get us to believe that Keegan thought Lampard was a realistic target.)

i bet they didnt tell KK in january, the director of football, would be a person of low esteem, and respect, who would come in and lay the the law down to him,  and show him no respect.

yet wise knew he'd have to deal with a petulant,toy throwing media manipulator.

(lets all use crappy stereotypes eh or have you proof ?)

Seems to me that the club is telling the fans to go fuck themselves and go fuck KK too.

It's clearly stating that certain statements made about the club during this debacle are possibly false. So basically, someone is lying.

But as much you are throwing shit at them. Why could´t they do it?

Keegan is not a fucking perfect man.

I have some question mark at the board too. But like you are behaving I rather stand at there side than this embarrassing Keegan side. Beckham for Toon :frantic:

Fuck off.

If the club had nothing to hide, then they wouldn't have got him to sign a confidentiality clause before coming out with this stuff.  Make it impossible for him to refute this shite, then spout a load of it.

(Who else finds it very, very hard to believe that Keegan would believe Lampard to be attractable?  Beckham, Ronaldinho, you could imagine them being vague possibles, not being so tied to their respective clubs exactly - but I think they've gone too far in try to get us to believe that Keegan thought Lampard was a realistic target.)

I like the idea that his list was Ronaldinho, Lampard, Henry and Danny Guthrie.

But as much you are throwing s*** at them. Why could´t they do it?

Keegan is not a f***ing perfect man.

f*** off.

dito

i bet they didnt tell KK in january, the director of football, would be a person of low esteem, and respect, who would come in and lay the the law down to him,  and show him no respect.

yet wise knew he'd have to deal with a petulant,toy throwing media manipulator.

(lets all use crappy stereotypes eh or have you proof ?)

what ive stated, is well known...common knowledge to those in the know., but you just have your little clever arsed go again madras, it means nowt anymore, you do it too often

Guest afternoonfix

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, on appointment on 16th January 2008, agreed to report to a Director of Football and to the Board.

If Keegan is this highly thought of to the players (and I'm sure he is) whoever takes charge for Hull just has to say "do it for KK" and it'll be happy days.

What a mess of a statement though, fucking hell. Only way this can get any worse is if it turns out Gary Glitter was the first choice for academy coach or something

Seems like keegan knew the score from the start and still walked.

Exactly. If Keegan knew the deal from the start then he's partly to blame because he didn't have to return if he wasn't happy with how things would be structured.

If they lied to him in the first place or are lying to us now though then that's pathetic of them.

If the club had nothing to hide, then they wouldn't have got him to sign a confidentiality clause before coming out with this stuff.  Make it impossible for him to refute this s****, then spout a load of it.

well in the same way that people wanted the board to come out and refute everything. by the same token if keegan doesn't refute it we'll have to assume it's true.

whats good for the goose and all that.

:lol:

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

NEWCASTLE UNITED lost patience with Kevin Keegan because they told him to manage the team in the style of Arsène Wenger and he wanted to do the job like Jose Mourinho. With the credit crunch looming, Keegan was given a £12m transfer budget in the summer, but produced a wish list that would have cost more than 10 times as much. His nominated transfer targets were David Beckham, Frank Lampard, Ronaldinho and Thierry Henry.

Tony Jimenez, Newcastle’s vice-president overseeing recruitment, instead proposed Samir Nasri, before he joined Arsenal, Sebastian Schweinsteiger of Bayern Munich, and Espanyol’s Valmir Valdo. The last straw, which led Keegan to walk out, is said to have been the sale of James Milner to Aston Villa, which the manager sanctioned on the basis that Schweinsteiger, who starred for Germany at Euro 2008, would be signed as a replacement. Newcastle agreed a deal with Bayern, only for the midfielder to turn down the move. The Sunday Times can reveal that neither Keegan nor Dennis Wise, the executive director with whom he fell out, were the original choices for their respective jobs. Club owner Mike Ashley wanted Harry Redknapp as manager and Terry Venables as his eminence gris, but both rebuffed him.

Anxious to set the record straight over the reasons behind Keegan’s departure, the club issued a statement yesterday refuting many of the claims made on his behalf. The most crucial of the points it makes is that Keegan accepted the job last January in the full knowledge he would have to report to a director of football and to the board. The statement insists that Keegan had specific duties relating to training, coaching, selection and motivation of the team and that he was allowed to carry them out without interference from any board member. It continues: “It is a fact that Newcastle is a business and operates, like all businesses, with financial constraints . . . and those constraints inform its transfer dealings. The structure at [the] club is clear and has been from January 16, 2008.”

A boardroom source told The Sunday Times last night: “Kevin says a manager should have the right to manage, and nobody would disagree with that, but not to manage regardless. In any business, people have to manage within the constraints and budgets applied by their company. Kevin couldn’t, or wouldn’t, do that.

Multimedia

* Premier League highlights

* Ahead of the game e-mail: wit and wisdom delivered direct to your inbox

Multimedia

* TheGame: debate, analysis, comment and columnists

* Fanzine fanzone: have your say

Related Links

* Mike Ashley, wally with the lolly

“Right from the start, at his interview for the job, it was made perfectly clear the way the club wanted the job done. There was not going to be a Chelsea scenario, with Newcastle paying big money and massive wages for established stars. The club was going to be run like Arsenal, and the emphasis would be on scouring the world for the best emerging young talent, like Arsène Wenger has done with Cesc Fabregas and Emmanuel Adebayor. We talked of building the club up over three to five years. Kevin took the job on those terms.”

Against that background, the directors were gobsmacked when Keegan came up with the names of Beckham, Ronaldinho, Lampard and Henry. “It was so bizarre,” our source said, “that I wondered if he was doing it on purpose, to try to get sacked. There was no getting through to him. What he wanted would have cost the club £200m in transfer fees and wages, and he had been told that he had around £12m to spend. We have been looking for a centre-half. Kevin’s suggestions were Jonathan Woodgate, Sami Hyy-pia and Richard Dunne. Where’s the residual value in them?

“On the Milner issue, the truth is that Kevin sat in on a meeting where the sale was discussed. Kevin r e c k o n e d J a m e s w a s w o r t h £7m-£8m, and the plan was to use that cash to buy Schweinsteiger. Jimenez did the negotiations with Villa and managed to agree a fee of £12m. Everyone thought it was too good to turn down, so the deal was done. Unfortunately, Schweinsteiger then said he wouldn’t come.”

The board reject suggestions from the Keegan camp that they tried to sell Michael Owen behind the manager’s back. Our source said: “We definitely didn’t try to sell Michael and didn’t speak to any club about him. On the contrary, we have made him a very good offer to stay. It is an extended and improved contract, the richest ever offered to any Newcastle player. He has sent a letter back, saying he appreciates the offer, and talks are ongoing.”

Newcastle on the attack last night as Keegan row hots up

Anxious to set the record straight over Kevin Keegan’s departure on Thursday, Newcastle issued a statement late last night refuting many of the claims made on his behalf. Attempting to counter ‘inaccurate reporting of factual matters and inaccurate allegations’, the statement says:

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, on appointment on January 16, 2008, agreed to report to a director of football and to the board. He worked within that structure until his resignation. As manager, [he] had specific duties in that he was responsible for the training, coaching, selection and motivation of the team. He was allowed to manage his specific duties without any interference from any board member

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan agreed only to deal with the media [about] matters relating to the team and not to communicate about the acquisition or disposal of players

It is a fact that Newcastle United Football Club is a business and operates, like all businesses, with financial constraints [that] inform its transfer dealings. The board have a responsibility to ensure that the club is able to meet its commitments, which include the wages and the transfer fees for players

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article4692140.ece

would this change anyone's opinion if true ?

If that is true then it is clear to me that:

KK was forced to lie to the press and fans over sale of Milner who was forced upon him.

That players were being signed behind his back.

That his list was being ignored. Woodgate, Dunne and Hyppia would have been improvements, especially Dunne. I see logic in KK wanting all of them, Woodgate the classy CB who brings the ball out and reads play so well, Dunne someone he knows and trusts from Man City, another leader and a fine CB and Hyppia for experience for the younger lads like Taylor, back-up. Its interesting we only signed one defender when Kk was clearly after a few, including a LB!

The Henry, Ronaldinho, Lampard stuff :lol: that's just too easy. KK laughed off such players on the radio as dream world and why would he want those players if he's been told their is only 12m to spend? Honestly this is getting silly. Anyone who believes KK was after those players wants their heads examined. Although Baggio obviously does :lol:

And 12m to spend? How was KK meant to put us inline with being the 5th biggest spenders on wages like Ashley himself said was the aim? And is Ashley lying again, because he said there was money to spend on any player if KK wanted them and they were the right player.

Oh and we are now ran on a tight budget it seems.

Reading all that and the club's 'statement' says it all, how anyone can now doubt KK wants f***ing slapped.

Not that I believe a lot of the stuff in the Times' article, its the club's pathetic attempt to paint KK in the bad yet it's backfired, what clueless muppets we have :lol:

I'd cry but its getting funny now.

There will be hell on against Hull, hell.

Newcastle: there was no getting through to Kevin Keegan

Newcastle: We've just sold James Milner for 12m pounds, think you're spending any of it? Not a chance, muhahahaha

Whatever side of the argument you're on it's pretty clear that the club is in a no-win situation. They've put out a statement full of emotion and people are slating them for it. I agree that putting out something like that was a mistake, but I'm sure that if they'd put out a slick PR statement they'd have been slated for that too. Having seen this I'm now one hundred percent certain of what I wrote earlier on.

I'd rather they said nothing than put out this. If they don't see how it's going to antagonise already angry fans then they're incredibly ill-advised. Whether you blame Keegan or not, you cannot deny this.

I didn't deny it, I agreed with it, it was definitely a mistake, but like I said, nothing they can say or do will change a lot of people's minds. A lot of fans have already decided what went on and who's at fault, despite not knowing anything about what actually happened, that was obvious from the moment people were kicking off outside the ground before even knowing whether he had gone or not.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, reality is irrelevant to most people on here and elsewhere, they think they know what's what and they're not going to even contemplate for a second whether they're right or not, whatever happens. It's fucking madness, mass-hysteria on a huge level, and people are seriously suggesting that the club's future should be given over to these people!?! I'm sorry, but I quite like actually having a club to support, it'd be gone within a year if that ever happened.