KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest helios_centric

When the club appointed Keegan they were in need of a lift and surely Keegan was in a strong bargaining position, so to believe he agreed to all of these constraints being imposed and to having no say in transfers seems very unlikely to me.

Surely he would not have taken the job if that was the 'brochure' they showed him.

Guest Micktoon

Agree. This what a piss statement that we surely could be without.

But as much you are throwing shit at them. Why could´t they do it?

Keegan is not a fucking perfect man.

I have some question mark at the board too. But like you are behaving I rather stand at there side than this embarrassing Keegan side. Beckham for Toon :frantic:

Knuckle dragger from down the road are we?

Guest elbee909

Llambias could be a character from 'The League of Gentlemen'

He's repugnant.

http://www.trophy4toon.co.uk/pictures/Derek_llambias_newcastle_2.jpg

A Hammers fan.  Explains it all, really.

I agree with just about everything Indi has said in this thread recently and see no reason to add anything else to what he has said.

One of the few impartial people on here keeping everything in check and not deciding for themselves what has happened.

When the club appointed Keegan they were in need of a lift and surely Keegan was in a strong bargaining position, so to believe he agreed to all of these constraints being imposed and to having no say in transfers seems very unlikely to me.

Surely he would not have taken the job if that was the 'brochure' they showed him.

a lot of folk at the time were saying he needed the cash

as i pointed out yesterday if keegan thought he had a chance of constructive dismissal he wouldn't have signed a confidentiality clause.

does anyone know for sure he has ?

A confidentiality clause will not prevent him from claiming constructive dismissal.

NUFC have every right to air their views, looks like keegan's as much to blame

They've got another thing coming when Keegan will air his side of the story, especially if it strategically timed at a couple of hours before next Saturday's match.. Doubt if Keegan will stoop to the same levels as this bunch though..

Sorry, but if you think Keegan hasn't been having his say for months, then you're seriously deluded!!

Where do you think the media have been getting all their inside info from!?!

Who'd have thought naive old KK would have totally gotten the better of cynical hard-nosed businessman Mike Ashley in the manipulation stakes, fucking hell man he's had us all fooled, the blokes a PR genius!! A media manipulator par excellence.

"It is a fact that Kevin Keegan agreed only to deal with the media in relation to Club matters relating to the Team and not to communicate with the media in relation to the acquisition or disposal of players"

What the fuck was he supposed to say when inevitably asked about transfers then, 'no comment' all round would have looked even more horrific.

Llambias could be a character from 'The League of Gentlemen'

He's repugnant.

http://www.trophy4toon.co.uk/pictures/Derek_llambias_newcastle_2.jpg

A Hammers fan.  Explains it all, really.

He looks sinister. I want Mort back. He was nice (hmmm, that sounds more fruity than I'd like  :colo:)

I agree with just about everything Indi has said in this thread recently and see no reason to add anything else to what he has said.

One of the few impartial people on here keeping everything in check and not deciding for themselves what has happened.

Whether or not Keegan knew about the set-up is irrelevant, the fact is that the public have been deliberately misled.

Exactly.

by keegan and the board

Keegan is sticking by his original story.

well did he say he had the final say........then he didn't...which was it ?

he says he was happy to work with wise and jiminez...now it doesn't look like he was ?

Newcastle: there was no getting through to Kevin Keegan

Newcastle: We've just sold James Milner for 12m pounds, think you're spending any of it? Not a chance, muhahahaha

thechnically it was spent on xisco and others i suppose. i wonder if schweinsteiger will be asked his thoughts ?

Technically we spent nothing at all this summer, after spending nothing at all in January. Do you think that is what Keegan signed up to and made him come back?

So you don't think their statement completely contradicts what they claimed previously?

Whether or not Keegan knew about the set-up is irrelevant, the fact is that the public have been deliberately misled.

Exactly.

by keegan and the board

Keegan is sticking by his original story.

well did he say he had the final say........then he didn't...which was it ?

he says he was happy to work with wise and jiminez...now it doesn't look like he was ?

wise wasnt giving KK the respect he deserves, and boasting about it, KK is too big for that man.

Guest Howaythetoon

Where do you think the media have been getting all their inside info from!?!

That's bull Indi, and goes against the rumours that it was Wise doing the leaking for one. Unless of course you can prove KK was doing the leaking rather than suggesting it to suit your own views of this whole mess which is trying to put it on KK's toes from how I'm reading it.