Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

Of course not.

I would agree if i had confidence if the board bringing in the right man

I really cant see this happening though

Why?

Because i think they will go for Poyet. The way the last few days have gone doesnt fill me with confidence either.

I think people may be overplaying the whole idea that Wise et al are in charge of comings and goings, i personally believe that Keegans targets werent of the required standard possibly due to hium being away from the game for too long hence the reason that Wise's targets got persued more.

Maybe a current manager who has been in the game for a while who has a good idea of who he'd like to bring in which would fit in with the requirements of the club would allow this set up to work better?

I personally havent been sold on Rijkaard, despite winning the CL im STILL not convinced of his pedigree - it seemed to fall apart after Hnk Ten Cate left.  A young up and coming manager would be ideal having not seen one here ever - however as was the case last time round the fans wont be appeased by an up and coming manager but will only want a huge manager or a sentimental one.

Fatih impressed at Euro, but why would a high profile manager voluntarily come into this situation?

I remember Sir John Hall suggesting Roberto Martinez as a young up and coming manager back before Keegan came in. Anyone know anything about him?

Gus comments not current

Apologies - we've fallen into the same trap as other sites including soccer365 by publishing the quotes from Gus Poyet thinking that they are current:

"When you are in England and you are lucky enough to be with one of the big teams you are always going to get speculation.

"I want to stay at Spurs, I want to stay with this manager, this group of players and this club because I'm very happy."

These comments were actually reported on July 15th in the context of Poyet being linked with the post of assistant boss of Manchester United.

Thanks to those who got in touch to put this right.

:shifty:

Fatih impressed at Euro, but why would a high profile manager voluntarily come into this situation?

I remember Sir John Hall suggesting Roberto Martinez as a young up and coming manager back before Keegan came in. Anyone know anything about him?

i seem to remember turkey being very defensive and playing on the break, fair enough they were usually up against teams of higher quality but i dont remember them being nice to watch

What the hell is all this?! Shearer? Hiddink? The Pope? Boring, boring, boring. Come on. Admit it. You're all in denial. The person you all want to be the next Newcastle manager is ***********drum roll please*********DENNIS the menace WISE !!

Think about it. The Toon Army is going apeshit and needs to vent their anger out on someone. Who better than our Dennis? Isn't he our defacto Manager right now anyway? Makes sense. Imagine walking up to the ground knowing that chirpy little cockney's in charge. That would sure as hell put a spring in your step as you lug your uzi up to Gallowgate ready for some serious shit. I mean, how much FUN would that be  :razz:

Anyone else will just be a yes man.

This latest episode has too many people asking questions over Kevin's actions.

I think it best that a line is drawn under the relationship between Newcastle United and Kevin Keegan. It was wonderful while it lasted and he will forever be the messiah but its over now.

I think it best that a line is drawn under the relationship between Newcastle United and Kevin Keegan. It was wonderful while it lasted and he will ever be the messiah but its over now.

No, I've just got used to having him back in my life again. I know that if he goes this time then that's it, he won't be coming back.

I know that the press rumours about the takeover and Keegan coming back is all pie in the sky but after all the rubbish gone on at ground level this week, maybe I want to have my head in the clouds for a bit longer.

I think it best that a line is drawn under the relationship between Newcastle United and Kevin Keegan. It was wonderful while it lasted and he will ever be the messiah but its over now.

Agreed.

Thanks for the memories but it's time to move on.

Guest firetotheworks

I think its usually the best thing to move on but in this situation I think it would be better to replace Keegan with Keegan.

The backing from ourselves and the players goes without saying, but as well as that he's also into the groove of this season with us and aside from whichever player was forced upon him also knows the new signings aswell.

According to the LMA his decision was tough because it was fans vs principles and I think now Ive thought about it more he was definitely right to stick to his principles. If his principles werent an issue and he had full control then he may feel that he owes us something and sees this as the best time to come back.

It means it wont mean theres a need for a major overhaul either. I dont think it'll happen but if it were to happen I think within the next few weeks under a new owner with a contract stating clearly that he calls the shots would be the most likely situation.

I feel like Im talking like someone who's talking themselves into believing their ex-girlfriend will come back but I do think that theres a window of opportunity for the club to continue going forward with Keegan in charge.

The most important replacement should be the the one for Ashley though.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Not sure what to make of Poyet.

He's a cunt, coz he used to score against us all the time and he likes Wise.

Its not a question of who is going to replace KK as even if we got someone who we were all impressed with, there is still going to be a bad taste left in the mouth an an air of tension and uncertainty around the club.

Personally, I will only good again once Ashley, and everyone else involved in this latest catastrophe have gone and been replaced.

For now, they might as well just get someone who is their mate (like Poyet) as that might keep us going and keep us in the premiership until such time Ashley can sell up. Then and only then will I properly worry about who is the Manager.

If Poyet becomes manager the entire setup will reek of 'Jobs for the Boys' with a load of out of touch Southern idiots who have no love for Newcastle running our club from London.

Our two most successful managers, Keegan and Robson, they understood us. Thats why it worked.

Guest black n white

Think its time Terry Mac got a shot at the job.......................

i think its plainly clear he already has it...no announcements about potential candidates he knows the club and the fans wont be on his back

;)