Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

Let's get Avram Grant.

there's been worse suggested. i'd be comfortable with that as an interim measure.

"as an interim measure" - like football managers last long enough here to be considered much else. :lol:

houllier would be a very good appointment imo.

as would martin jol. which shsows how far we have fallen, as i would have hated either when allardyce left.

Sadly this. The main target should be getting one of these in for the short term in the hopes they can turn us around to a position that might be attractive to a higher quality of manager.

On the down side this approach would still see the majority of players leaving. They just want stability and some kind of communication, sounds familiar..

I would take Roy Hodgsen right now. Experienced manager, nothing special based on his career but has shown he's adaptable to various situations, and should be able to avoid us getting relegated. This is his list of previous clubs:

Halmstads BK

Bristol City

Örebro SK

Malmö FF

Neuchâtel Xamax

Switzerland

Internazionale

Blackburn Rovers

Internazionale

Grasshoppers

F.C. Copenhagen

Udinese

United Arab Emirates

Viking FK

Finland

Fulham

One would hope that Fulham are small enough for him to be tempted by us.

I think that list of clubs proves he isnt that bothered about the 'bigness' of them.

I think gazza would make a good manager and i think it would help put him on the straight and narrow.

I'm sure you're not meant to drink alcohol when you're on diazepam, you know.

On the other hand, he's a local lad so he'll have the support of the crowd :thup:

I would take Roy Hodgsen right now. Experienced manager, nothing special based on his career but has shown he's adaptable to various situations, and should be able to avoid us getting relegated. This is his list of previous clubs:

Halmstads BK

Bristol City

Örebro SK

Malmö FF

Neuchâtel Xamax

Switzerland

Internazionale

Blackburn Rovers

Internazionale

Grasshoppers

F.C. Copenhagen

Udinese

United Arab Emirates

Viking FK

Finland

Fulham

Not for me, although I like the man. I would doubt he would come either, he is turning things round at Fulham slowly and talked about repaying Fulhams faith in him, he also has no reason for the extra stress at his age.

Certainly better than a whole host of other names already mentioned but would still prefer the likes of Houllier.

Newcastle put finding a new manager on hold last week while the club's owner Mike Ashley was in the Middle East attempting to find new investors. (The Times)

Magpies striker Michael Owen says a successor to ex-boss Kevin Keegan must be appointed as soon as possible to end the club's problems. (The Sun)

Owen speaks of bleak Magpies mood

Kevin Keegan is ready to return as Newcastle boss if a Nigerian group succeed in taking over at St James' Park. (The Sun)

Former Magpies boss Kenny Dalglish has ruled himself out of a return to the North East. (Daily Telegraph)

Newcastle's director of football Dennis Wise has not been in contact with the club's players in the fortnight since Keegan left. (Daily Star)

and the circus continues........from tribal$hite /Daily Mail...... :lol:

Ex-Wimbledon boss Bassett linked with Newcastle job

26.09.08 | tribalfootball.com

Dave Bassett is being linked with a shock return to top-flight football.

The former Wimbledon boss is in the frame for the Newcastle United job thanks to his connection to Dennis Wise, says the Daily Mail.