Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

All of these chants of "no one will want to take over where they don't have total control" is bollocks - that's how shit is run on the continent.  We will have to get a European manager and hopefully Ashley is willing to splash the cash to get someone like Bilic in.  To me, Bilic is the European version of Keegan - loves attacking and flowing football with the panache of a continental manager.  I am shattered that Keegan is gone but we really need to get the reins of this whole mess together and get a new, high profile and classy manager in to right the ship as quickly as possible.  We are doing ourselves no good sitting around bitching about Ashley and the like, we need to start moving forward again as quickly as possible.

Marcelino is the guy I'd go with.

Got Recreativo de Huelva promoted to La Liga and then got them into the top 10.

Got Santander into the top six and then resigned saying that was as far as he could take them.

Now at Zaragoza in the Segunda Liga.

I'm totally convinced its this guy. Jiminez got Ramos to leave Sevilla for Spurs and will have little problems coaxing a guy from the Spanish second division to a Premier League team. Half our team are now Spanish speaking and he'll have support from the unholy trinity- something i think KK never had.

All of these chants of "no one will want to take over where they don't have total control" is bollocks - that's how shit is run on the continent.  We will have to get a European manager and hopefully Ashley is willing to splash the cash to get someone like Bilic in.  To me, Bilic is the European version of Keegan - loves attacking and flowing football with the panache of a continental manager.  I am shattered that Keegan is gone but we really need to get the reins of this whole mess together and get a new, high profile and classy manager in to right the ship as quickly as possible.  We are doing ourselves no good sitting around bitching about Ashley and the like, we need to start moving forward again as quickly as possible.

There's no way Bilic is leaving his country and an easy world cup qualifying group to come to this mess. Even if he did he'd go to West Ham.

Got Santander into the top six and then resigned saying that was as far as he could take them.

I'm totally convinced its this guy. Jiminez got Ramos to leave Sevilla for Spurs and will have little problems coaxing a guy from the Spanish second division to a Premier League team. Half our team are now Spanish speaking and he'll have support from the unholy trinity- something i think KK never had.

Just this summer didn't he say that he wouldn't leave Spain until his son finishes school

Marcelino nailed on in my opinion. Spanish, will be extremely familiar and comformatable with the set up. Decent record so far.

As a club, even if a manager comes in 2morra, unless it is a huge name or Shearer (the only type of managers who could appease most of the fans) then we are fucked for this entire season, the fallout from this will be bigger than we've ever seen me thinks.

Couldn't care if it's Satan with the coaching staff of Zombie Adolf Hitler, Zombie Stalin, and George W Bush - as long as NUFC go places - upward with trophies !

Guest Darth Toon

Too early to even think about it - I'm still in mourning man.

Clinging on to the hope of a new buyout, something that allows KK to come back...

if Gus Poyet will be our manager i will start not to watch football

Gus will make a cracking manager one day but I agree he's not ready yet and certainly not for a club of your size. Surely you will be going for Rijkard and kicking Wise half way to Proxima Centauri???

I wouldnt mind Poyet.Im a Newcastle United fan and a Kevin Keegan fan,but we need to get behind the team now,hard i know from Coventry,shouting at the telly etc..Keegan has gone and i believe that Poyet has made a good stab so far at management,with Wise at Swindon and Leeds,and at Spurs with Ramos.Give him a go lads if he is appointed,at the very least he'll be able to converse with all of the players.

Just this summer didn't he say that he wouldn't leave Spain until his son finishes school

A lot of people say things. I don't think it'd be that hard to get him here if we offered him a big contract and the chance to coach a team with the potential we have.

In my opinion he's the outstanding candidate for the job when you consider no British manager will take the job and the very top tier of foreign managers wouldn't come here.

MY DREAM would be Guus Hiddink. Dream i said...Best manager of all imo..

Best manager of all time (DISCLAIMER: I reserve the right to be grossly biased), and the only public figure on Earth I love as much as I used to love Keegan. Getting him would be the only thing that could actually make me happy about this situation.

It's also completely impossible, by the way.

A lot of people say things. I don't think it'd be that hard to get him here if we offered him a big contract and the chance to coach a team with the potential we have.

In my opinion he's the outstanding candidate for the job when you consider no British manager will take the job and the very top tier of foreign managers wouldn't come here.

He seems to be a good manager, no doubt about that at all. But what I find the most interesting is that no-one has edited his wiki yet. I fully expect it to say "Current manager of Newcastle United" by midnight.

No-one changed Dennis Wise wiki either. Are all the kids who does this kind of things outside SJP shouting the arses of and making a complete fool out of us supporters?

Poyet would be a fucking disgrace.

Seriously, why?

If Ashley is to do any right from wrong it has to be someone of extreme pedigree not someone like Poyet.

I wouldn't hold your breath for this candidate of "extreme pedigree". Can't think of any manger who has already really made it who'd come here.

Guest Howaythetoon

Ask me when I give a shit which could well be a very long time as right now my interest in all things NUFC is quickly disappearing with every fuck up the people who are supposed to be running this club not ruining it make and my god this tops the lot this.

who will come here and work under the present team? they've seen off Keegan so are virtually infallible, can do whatever they want and you have to ask yourself if the new man, who is not going to be as popular as keegan, will have any sway inside or outside of the club?

it's a total mess.

I couldn't give a toss any more. It'll no doubt be someone completely shit because only the desperate will be queuing up for this job now.

I want Keegan to be the manager of Newcastle United so anyone else will be a disappointment.