Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

based on set-up, our transfer record and Jiminez's track record in doing business in Spain i think it will be a spaniard.

though i also think we might look at an international manager with experience of youth football, as they are familiar with not being able to decide what players they have and getting the best out of them. that would suggest Bilic who fills both criteria.

POyet would be an appointment based on cronyism.

Shearer is the obvious candidate. 

1. Won't be seen as Ashley & Wise's man, which is the risk in appointing Poyet or Marcelino.

2. Would help to placate the fans (most of them anyway). 

3. Would help win over the squad (mates with Owen, Harper & Given, Taylor's idol, well known name with the continental players). 

I don't know and I don't really care at this point if he ends up having the qualities to make a successful manager in the long term.  I just want to get someone in to navigate this mess and get back to the football.  I'll nail my colours to the mast and say he is my realistic first choice.

If we get O'Leary, I quit.

Ladbrokes have got Deschamps 3rd favorite now behind poyet and wise, be a deent stab i guess, but this Marcelino guy sounds about right. Fits in entirely with player recruitment - and he'll be a damn sight cheaper than any of the usual suspects.

Realistically it's going to be a foreigner or someone young/inexperienced, because any manager with proven experience/half a brain isn't going to want to have to answer to Dennis fuckin Wise given Keegan's experience

People mention a Spaniard, how would people feel about Roberto Martinez. I am not too sure he would be the right guy but he has done a excellent job at Swansea and plays really good football. However, he has had a lot of control over comings and goings at Swansea, so not too sure he would take to kindly to that little runt Wise sticking his two cents in.

People mention a Spaniard, how would people feel about Roberto Martinez. I am not too sure he would be the right guy but he has done a excellent job at Swansea and plays really good football. However, he has had a lot of control over comings and goings at Swansea, so not too sure he would take to kindly to that little runt Wise sticking his two cents in.

Well Im half Spanish, can I get the job, I don't mined being told what to do by Derek and Dennis ?

1. Won't be seen as Ashley & Wise's man, which is the risk in appointing Poyet or Marcelino.

3. Would help win over the squad (mates with Owen, Harper & Given, Taylor's idol, well known name with the continental players). 

I don't know and I don't really care at this point if he ends up having the qualities to make a successful manager in the long term.  I just want to get someone in to navigate this mess and get back to the football.  I'll nail my colours to the mast and say he is my realistic first choice.

absolutely no chance whatsoever that Shearer will touch us with a barge pole seeing what Keegan has gone through.

the only way he would come is if the backroom team were removed and if ashley was going to do that he wouldve kept keegan.

even if shearer did take the job with the idea that he'll change the club from within (unlikely) we'd see the same situation blow up a few months down the line.

Guest Brummiemag

Im hoping the next manager will be Keegan. Is it just possible that that a super rich consortium will take over the club, reappoint Keegan and give him the funds and the control he so desires?  I guess not but I can always dream

He's a bit of a legend and hero down here to boot.

He will manage (and do a good job) in either the Premier League or La Liga in the near future.

absolutely no chance whatsoever that Shearer will touch us with a barge pole seeing what Keegan has gone through.

the only way he would come is if the backroom team were removed and if ashley was going to do that he wouldve kept keegan.

even if shearer did take the job with the idea that he'll change the club from within (unlikely) we'd see the same situation blow up a few months down the line.

The board know they are in the shit.  This is probably why they spent 3 days trying to get him to stay.  Shearer would have a lot of leverage in negotiating the terms of a deal because he would be able to step in and get the fans on his side. 

Ashley may be committed to the set up he has, but would that be at the expense of a player & fan revolt and the revenue loss that would follow?  I don't think so.

nobody worth their salt will take it under the current regime.

if we want to get anyone worth having, clear wise etc out and let the manager manage.

under the current way, i can see poyet coming in.

i would like to see it cleared out and the job given to shearer personally.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

Not sure about this one myself but what about Gianfranco Zola? I read on the CUMB site that he was a candidate for the West Ham job. I think he might be the ideal choice if Ashley chooses to stick with Dennis Wise as Executive Director (Football).

Guest f***thepress

This whole thread is based on the assumption that Ashley remains as owner ...i cant see how he can continue owning a club where hes not welcome and will get death threats ...bye bye Ashley hello Ambani