Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

Guest sicko2ndbest

Its a damning indigtment of the feeling that has been caused by recent events that the new manager thread was in danger of going into obscurity at the bottom of the page!

I'd like Mancini with Zola assisting.

It would only be a matter of time before the board pissed Mancini enough to resign by which stage Zola would have at least cut his teeth further in coaching and know the Newcastle set up well enough to take over.

Mancini? No way...

Of the realistic choices who would come now and are available, I think it has to be Didier Deschamps. Certainly has a better track record than Poyet so far, and because of the fact he's not obviously "Wisey's mate" (although he actually is!) he might not get the full backlash as being Keegan's successor.

I think we'll finally get an appointment where, had it happened in different circumstances and at any other time since 2004, 95% would have been happy.

Allardyce again?

There's probably only 2 or 3 managers in the world where 95% would be happy.

I'm beginning to think Zico might be the best option, not really sure why though!

so .cock can run a hilarious little article entitled "When 'Zico' met Zico" whereby they have the Zico and Mick Martin standing side by side holding up Newcastle shirts somewhere inside the Milburn Stand, and a few meaningless quotes from either.

Craig Hope might even be able to drag it out into a video interview for nufcTV.

I'm beginning to think Zico might be the best option, not really sure why though!

so .cock can run a hilarious little article entitled "When 'Zico' met Zico" whereby they have the Zico and Mick Martin standing side by side holding up Newcastle shirts somewhere inside the Milburn Stand, and a few meaningless quotes from either.

Craig Hope might even be able to drag it out into a video interview for nufcTV.

i actually nearly did spit coffee all over the monitor laughing at that!  :spit:

It would only be a matter of time before the board pissed Mancini enough to resign by which stage Zola would have at least cut his teeth further in coaching and know the Newcastle set up well enough to take over.

Mancini? No way...

why not?

He has a winning CV. He's my first choice considering Marcelino is unavailable.

Mancini? No way...

why not?

Because of the brand of his football...

Actually that has been my feeling since Keegan left.

I dont care at this moment who will be the trainer, we need to sort out some owner and director problems first of all.

The whole Keegan affair shows that there is something wrong, still, at this club.

It need to be sorted out first.

Perhaps the "owner and director problems" disappeared when the source of those problems walked out the door? Ashley's problem was totally fucking up the Allardyce sacking which forced him into a desperate gamble (hiring a manager patently unsuited to his plans for the club) that has backfired horribly some eight months later.

So in answer to the OP question, I want a coach who knows his role. I wanted Deschamps last time and I do again, but I'm disturbed by the quotes attached to his departure from Juventus. Board critics suggest we'll get a "yes man" and the truth is that we need someone who will fit into the structure we have in place. But accepting less than total control over transfers does not stop him from being a tactical whiz, or a fiery motivator, or any of the other skills a successful manager requires. Hell, the current England manager had his players bought for him when he was at some of the biggest clubs in the world...

Mancini? No way...

why not?

Because of the brand of his football...

I dunno, Mancini was a pretty good forward back in his day.

I'm sure Mancini was smart enough to consider that in Italy he needed to play defensively.  Moreover, there probably was a 'director of football' suggesting that style. 

Mancini is smart enough to adapt a different style here.

He's had some time at Leicester (albeit very short) but he would know what the Premier league is like and what the fans are like.

The man himself says:

"I had always wanted to play in the Premier League and was lucky to have done so, even very briefly. What I like most about the way football is lived in England is that a match is still essentially a sporting event." If one day he had to choose between a top coaching job in England and one in Spain? "England, definitely, for the spirit that exists there."

from: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20050305/ai_n11855084

Tonight's Chron says Ince is now a contender. Mind, AO quotes directly from Ince's Wikipedia page......

Oh aye - I can just see the generous Blackburn board freely releasing Ince from that brand new contract :lol:

The article seems to base its theory solely on the fact that the Wiki page says Ince and Wise are mates...........

Tonight's Chron says Ince is now a contender. Mind, AO quotes directly from Ince's Wikipedia page......

Oh aye - I can just see the generous Blackburn board freely releasing Ince from that brand new contract :lol:

The article seems to base its theory solely on the fact that the Wiki page says Ince and Wise are mates...........

:lol:

Guest Gallowgate Mag

:lol:  There's be even more uproar if that happened.

Utter bollocks. If he's going to make stuff up, at least Oliver could make it something believable.

FWIW, I still think Poyet is the lead contender. There's an article in the Independent today saying he's wanting to be a manager in his own right, but is concerned about the possible hostility from the fans.