The Daily Mail, Louise Taylor etc etc

Dave

Guest graemeh72

The Daily Mail became very on the ball during Keegans 2nd reign

I think they genuinely had the inside track..

For what its worth I'm pretty sure that the "club source" that "broke" the Keegan has resigned" story to the entire press on Tuesday  was Terry mac ... which is why absolutely everybody ran with it ..... because they knew it to be nailed on

The Daily Mail became very on the ball during Keegans 2nd reign

I think they genuinely had the inside track..

For what its worth I'm pretty sure that the "club source" that "broke" the Keegan has resigned" story to the entire press on Tuesday  was Terry mac ... which is why absolutely everybody ran with it ..... because they knew it to be nailed on

You mean the "Keegan sacked" story.

Guest Heneage

People laughed at him when he said The Football was the Norths Opera, but it was true. And actually if you believe Bardes we are smarter than the toffs who attend that very Opera, as they get emotionally invested at fake portrayal, but at least football has some sort of meaning.

wish they hadnt all been so fucking smug about it all though

to be fair the smugness on here from people who insisted the press "knew nothing" 'cause we signed guthrie & spiderman from under their noses was equally as sickening - apparently it discredited everything else they had to say

apparently

from the guardian yesterday, for a bit of much needed mirth:

"the last time Keegan was let loose with a budget, he spent GBP50m in 15 months at Manchester City on players

like Jon Macken, Michael Tarnat, Trevor Sinclair, Vincente Mattias Vuoso, Steve McManaman, Robbie Fowler, Roger Hunt and Ian St John"

sobering thought that mind

"the last time Keegan was let loose with a budget, he spent GBP50m in 15 months at Manchester City on players

like Jon Macken, Michael Tarnat, Trevor Sinclair, Vincente Mattias Vuoso, Steve McManaman, Robbie Fowler, Roger Hunt and Ian St John"

That whole paragraph made me giggle actually:

"Keegan is prepared to stay at Toon, it's said, but only if (a) he is given control over the club's transfer budget, (b) Dennis Wise is chased away from Newcastle by a man wielding a pointed stick, © Wise is caught by the man wielding a pointed stick, and (d) the man with the pointed stick shoves the pointed stick into one of Wise's buttocks, causing Wise to shout "yaroo!" and never come back up north ever again. However this is unlikely as (a) Ashley quite likes Wise, (b) Ashley is rumoured to be the only man in Newcastle who owns a pointed stick, and © the last time Keegan was let loose with a budget, he spent £50m in 15 months at Manchester City on players like Jon Macken, Michael Tarnat, Trevor Sinclair, Vincente Mattias Vuoso, Steve McManaman, Robbie Fowler, Roger Hunt and Ian St John. That'll be him off, then."

That whole paragraph made me giggle actually:

"Keegan is prepared to stay at Toon, it's said, but only if (a) he is given control over the club's transfer budget, (b) Dennis Wise is chased away from Newcastle by a man wielding a pointed stick, © Wise is caught by the man wielding a pointed stick, and (d) the man with the pointed stick shoves the pointed stick into one of Wise's buttocks, causing Wise to shout "yaroo!" and never come back up north ever again. However this is unlikely as (a) Ashley quite likes Wise, (b) Ashley is rumoured to be the only man in Newcastle who owns a pointed stick, and © the last time Keegan was let loose with a budget, he spent £50m in 15 months at Manchester City on players like Jon Macken, Michael Tarnat, Trevor Sinclair, Vincente Mattias Vuoso, Steve McManaman, Robbie Fowler, Roger Hunt and Ian St John. That'll be him off, then."

aye, they're a set funny fuckers alright

Guest Harry-Norway

f*** YOU ASHLEY-YOU MAKE ME SICK-DROWN YOURSELF IN BEER YOU FAT b******

f*** YOU WISE-YOU UGLY LITTLE DWARF-GET A ROPE

KEVIN K I ALREADY MISS YOU!

WHERE WILL THIS END NOW?

WHO WANTS TOO MANAGE A CLUB WITH THIS BOARD

He did get Anelka, Distin,  Benarbia & few others in  & I think M.Richards signed on his watch as well. Oh yeah & more importantly City did not go down which is always the aim for promoted clubs these days.

He did get Anelka, Distin,  Benarbia & few others in  & I think M.Richards signed on his watch as well. Oh yeah & more importantly City did not go down which is always the aim for promoted clubs these days.

crack a smile man, ffs

Surely a case of 'if you throw enough shit some of it will stick'..  AFAIR they also said that Keegan was completely out of touch with Football and hiring him would get us relegated.

Exactly, the idea that they were 'right all along' is taking it way too far.

They were right all along.

f*** me, what a sobering thought.

So was NE5

He's right more often than his bloody critics on here, thats for sure.