IMPORTANT: Pre-Hull Meeting?

Heron

Guest taff2727

let me put it this way,

you disgust me,hows that grab ya.

well basically, it shows me you have f*** all idea what your protesting about and are clinging on to other people. well done.

iv'e got more years in than you care to mention bonny lad.

let me put it this way,

well basically, it shows me you have f*** all idea what your protesting about and are clinging on to other people. well done.

yeah, and..

Guest Brazilianbob

You are perfectly entitled to go to the game and I wouldn't dream of arguing you do not have that right in our democratic society. All I am arguing is the old adage that says:-

"it only takes good men to sit and do nothing for evil to prevail"

I am not for a minute suggesting Ashley is evil, but the principle is the same.  Do nothing and he will prevail possible with detriment to the long term well being of NUFC

You are perfectly entitled to go to the game and I wouldn't dream of arguing you do not have that right in our democratic society. All I am arguing is the old adage that says:-

I am not for a minute suggesting Ashley is evil, but the principle is the same.  Do nothing and he will prevail possible with detriment to the long term well being of NUFC

i totally understand why people arent going, why they are marching and why they are taking banners. Im myself incredibly pissed off with the whole situation.

But i didnt boycott a game when SBR was treat like shit, i didnt boycott when FFS bought playes behind Roeders or Sounesses back, and i didnt and wouldnt have boycotted if i knew what state the club was in at the time of FFS either.

So i would find myself almost being a bit hypocrytical if i was too do it now if you catch my drift?

As in people sitting at home because they can't be arsed to go to a match against mediocre opposition in the rain when we're not expecting to see decent football because of the current downer and acting like sitting watching Cash in the Attic and putting some shelves up is equivilant to the Million Man March?  Wonder how many people would be "Boycotting" if it was a match against the mackems rather than some no-marks.

Guest taff2727

let me put it this way,

yeah, and..

just sleep well after youl've been in,its your choice.

iv'e got 25 years in mate,and have had enough.

this is our chance to prove to ourselv'es that we aint sheep.

i'm signed up for 3 years as are a lot of people,but as long as the dwarf has a shout.#

my seat will remain empty.

tell ya what, i'm gutted having to do this.

but i feel cleaner if you know what i mean.

Guest Geordiesned

If you go to the match on saturday you are simply showing your support for Ashley, but perhaps that is what the majority of fans want.  Make a token gesture of discontent at the game then forget all about it.

Nonsense.

Why is it nonsence?

Because you don't want to miss going to the match? 

It's hard to stay away, believe me, because I have been there and got the t-shirt.  Way back when the club sold Supermac to Arsenal, against the wishes of the fans, I and a load of mates all agreed to refuse to renew our season tickets as a protest.

Naturally I was the only one to stick to my guns because it was a matter of principle to me.

If anyone goes to the game on saturday, to my mind they they are effectively stating they are unprincipled in this matter and are surrendering the moral high ground to Ashley and the board.  If you can't see that then I suppose NUFC deserves you. 

If you want to boycott then fair enough, that's your choice, but please stop with the fucking preaching and attempting to claim the moral high ground yourself. Quite frankly it's pathetic.

Guest Geordiesned

Link:http://toon-talk.net/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=58&Itemid=

A well argued article and an extremely good reason not to attend the match on saturday.  In my view those that go to the Hull match are only half heartedly boycotting Ashley/the board, and don't really feel strongly enough to deprive themselves of an afternoons entertainment.  The only way to ram home our discontent is to stay away full stop.  Picture an empty ground and the media clamouring to find out what the board and Ashley are going to do about it.  If he thinks he can ignore the NUFC fans he has another thing coming, but not if we all fill SJP each week.

Jesus wept.

If this was a friendly then I could see where you're coming from.

It's not. It's a league match, our players have done nothing wrong and need our support now more than ever.

Stop being so selfish!!  What happens if we fill the ground and still lose?  We have then lost the moral high ground and it will be seen as too little too late to boycott the next home game.  Try and get some principles for gods sake.  KK had principles and stood by them which is why he is out of a job on our behalf!!

What happens if we don't get behind the team, they lose, and we get relegated or miss out on Europe when one win would have seen us safe and secure. I might be exaggerating but it could happen.

There are so many other things going on to show Ashley et al how unhappy we are - why take it out on the players too?

Look, Ashley can afford to buy 52,000 fans a pint at about £3 a pint so he won't even notice if nobody buys a pie and/or a pint on saturday so what will that prove?  He will probably return the unsold pies to the pie supplier on a no sale no fee basis and it will be the supplier that is affected rather than Ashley.  Any beer not sold will be sold and quaffed in the following weeks.

Regardless of what anyone says about going to the game and getting behind the players, the truth is that those that go are being selfish in the extreme because they are simply addicted to going to the match and probably don't buy pies or have a drink anyway, so don't try to justify your actions as being in the interests of the club.

Link:http://toon-talk.net/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=58&Itemid=

A well argued article and an extremely good reason not to attend the match on saturday.  In my view those that go to the Hull match are only half heartedly boycotting Ashley/the board, and don't really feel strongly enough to deprive themselves of an afternoons entertainment.  The only way to ram home our discontent is to stay away full stop.  Picture an empty ground and the media clamouring to find out what the board and Ashley are going to do about it.  If he thinks he can ignore the NUFC fans he has another thing coming, but not if we all fill SJP each week.

Jesus wept.

If this was a friendly then I could see where you're coming from.

It's not. It's a league match, our players have done nothing wrong and need our support now more than ever.

Stop being so selfish!!  What happens if we fill the ground and still lose?  We have then lost the moral high ground and it will be seen as too little too late to boycott the next home game.  Try and get some principles for gods sake.  KK had principles and stood by them which is why he is out of a job on our behalf!!

What happens if we don't get behind the team, they lose, and we get relegated or miss out on Europe when one win would have seen us safe and secure. I might be exaggerating but it could happen.

There are so many other things going on to show Ashley et al how unhappy we are - why take it out on the players too?

Look, Ashley can afford to buy 52,000 fans a pint at about £3 a pint so he won't even notice if nobody buys a pie and/or a pint on saturday so what will that prove?  He will probably return the unsold pies to the pie supplier on a no sale no fee basis and it will be the supplier that is affected rather than Ashley.  Any beer not sold will be sold and quaffed in the following weeks.

Regardless of what anyone says about going to the game and getting behind the players, the truth is that those that go are being selfish in the extreme because they are simply addicted to going to the match and probably don't buy pies or have a drink anyway, so don't try to justify your actions as being in the interests of the club.

cracking post mate,well said.

hang ya heads in shame as you go in,total disgrace to those that are prepared to sit it out.

Hang my head in shame? Utter fucking shite.

Guest taff2727

As in people sitting at home because they can't be arsed to go to a match against mediocre opposition in the rain when we're not expecting to see decent football because of the current downer and acting like sitting watching Cash in the Attic and putting some shelves up is equivilant to the Million Man March?  Wonder how many people would be "Boycotting" if it was a match against the mackems rather than some no-marks.

here's 1.

i'll not be back in the ground under the present regime.

you lot keep on trying to justify your selfish actions.

it cuts no meat with any of us.

here's 1.

i would never dream of justifying myself to you.

Guest Geordiesned

here's 1.

And why would I feel the need to justify myself to you?

here's 1.

Any of us eh, exactly who are you speaking on behalf of?  Stay at home, I don't blame you, but don't pretend it makes you some kind of revolutionary and everyone else is Judas Iscariot, your empty seat is indistinguishable from someone elses who simply couldn't be arsed to go, even if you're sitting at home in a Che Guevara t-shirt with one fist in the air.

For someone with such a strong opinion, chosing a protest that's easily taken as complete apathy seems quite bizarre.  That's certainly how it'll be portrayed, not "Wow, look at those passionate Geordies, sitting on their sofa instead of going to the match, Ashley must have really pissed them off" it's going to be "Hah, best fans my arse, when the chips are down they can't even be bothered turning up, probably down B&Q instead."  And that's exactly how we'd view it looking from the outside at another club. 

50, 000 mooning the pitch would be better.

let me put it this way,

yeah, and..

just sleep well after youl've been in,its your choice.

iv'e got 25 years in mate,and have had enough.

this is our chance to prove to ourselv'es that we aint sheep.

i'm signed up for 3 years as are a lot of people,but as long as the dwarf has a shout.#

my seat will remain empty.

tell ya what, i'm gutted having to do this.

but i feel cleaner if you know what i mean.

Newcastle online, giving sheep a voice

Guest taff2727

here's 1.

not to me, unto yourself. you know deep down you are wrong.

however you and you along with the others will have to live with it.

may GOD redeem your souls. :yikes:

here's 1.

not to me, unto yourself. you know deep down you are wrong.

however you and you along with the others will have to live with it.

may god redeem your souls.

i might even grab a pint at half time thanks to this sanctimony

Was in a bar last night watching the match. Went to the bar for a drink and some guy started talking to me:

Him: "Got me tickets!"

Me: "Oh aye, what for?"

Him: "The Newcastle match, don't support them like, I'm a Liverpool fan"

Me: "So how come your going to see Newcastle then?"

Him: "For the bother mate, its going to be unreal, can't wait"

Fucking idiot

Guest taff2727

here's 1.

Any of us eh, exactly who are you speaking on behalf of?  Stay at home, I don't blame you, but don't pretend it makes you some kind of revolutionary and everyone else is Judas Iscariot, your empty seat is indistinguishable from someone elses who simply couldn't be arsed to go, even if you're sitting at home in a Che Guevara t-shirt with one fist in the air.

For someone with such a strong opinion, chosing a protest that's easily taken as complete apathy seems quite bizarre.  That's certainly how it'll be portrayed, not "Wow, look at those passionate Geordies, sitting on their sofa instead of going to the match, Ashley must have really pissed them off" it's going to be "Hah, best fans my arse, when the chips are down they can't even be bothered turning up, probably down B&Q instead."  And that's exactly how we'd view it looking from the outside at another club. 

50, 000 mooning the pitch would be better.

SO WILL YOU COME TO MY PARTY THEN

taff, dont let the weak people deter you, everyone i speak to is on the side of protest, its only on here that people are being, meek.. i think i tells its own story, if you think about it.

most i've spoken to are on the side of the protest but are still going to the game,on talking to each and every one one of them actually have no clue as to where the blame lies.

I really am getting f***ed off now with these people who assume because you have more of an issue about going to back your team rather than whinge about it's board room that you're some sort of inferior fan who is a disgrace. Find it amazing how all these mad passionate fans come oot shouting and balling when there's something wrong, or something to complain about...but they can't go to sing and shout and ball on a normal match day. f***ing ridiculous.