IMPORTANT: Pre-Hull Meeting?

Heron

Guest Brazilianbob

Link:http://toon-talk.net/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=58&Itemid=

A well argued article and an extremely good reason not to attend the match on saturday.  In my view those that go to the Hull match are only half heartedly boycotting Ashley/the board, and don't really feel strongly enough to deprive themselves of an afternoons entertainment.  The only way to ram home our discontent is to stay away full stop.  Picture an empty ground and the media clamouring to find out what the board and Ashley are going to do about it.  If he thinks he can ignore the NUFC fans he has another thing coming, but not if we all fill SJP each week.

Jesus wept.

If this was a friendly then I could see where you're coming from.

It's not. It's a league match, our players have done nothing wrong and need our support now more than ever.

Stop being so selfish!!  What happens if we fill the ground and still lose?  We have then lost the moral high ground and it will be seen as too little too late to boycott the next home game.  Try and get some principles for gods sake.  KK had principles and stood by them which is why he is out of a job on our behalf!!

What happens if we don't get behind the team, they lose, and we get relegated or miss out on Europe when one win would have seen us safe and secure. I might be exaggerating but it could happen.

There are so many other things going on to show Ashley et al how unhappy we are - why take it out on the players too?

Look, Ashley can afford to buy 52,000 fans a pint at about £3 a pint so he won't even notice if nobody buys a pie and/or a pint on saturday so what will that prove?  He will probably return the unsold pies to the pie supplier on a no sale no fee basis and it will be the supplier that is affected rather than Ashley.  Any beer not sold will be sold and quaffed in the following weeks.

Regardless of what anyone says about going to the game and getting behind the players, the truth is that those that go are being selfish in the extreme because they are simply addicted to going to the match and probably don't buy pies or have a drink anyway, so don't try to justify your actions as being in the interests of the club.

Link:http://toon-talk.net/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=58&Itemid=

A well argued article and an extremely good reason not to attend the match on saturday.  In my view those that go to the Hull match are only half heartedly boycotting Ashley/the board, and don't really feel strongly enough to deprive themselves of an afternoons entertainment.  The only way to ram home our discontent is to stay away full stop.  Picture an empty ground and the media clamouring to find out what the board and Ashley are going to do about it.  If he thinks he can ignore the NUFC fans he has another thing coming, but not if we all fill SJP each week.

Jesus wept.

It's not. It's a league match, our players have done nothing wrong and need our support now more than ever.

Stop being so selfish!!  What happens if we fill the ground and still lose?  We have then lost the moral high ground and it will be seen as too little too late to boycott the next home game.  Try and get some principles for gods sake.  KK had principles and stood by them which is why he is out of a job on our behalf!!

What happens if we don't get behind the team, they lose, and we get relegated or miss out on Europe when one win would have seen us safe and secure. I might be exaggerating but it could happen.

There are so many other things going on to show Ashley et al how unhappy we are - why take it out on the players too?

Look, Ashley can afford to buy 52,000 fans a pint at about £3 a pint so he won't even notice if nobody buys a pie and/or a pint on saturday so what will that prove?  He will probably return the unsold pies to the pie supplier on a no sale no fee basis and it will be the supplier that is affected rather than Ashley.  Any beer not sold will be sold and quaffed in the following weeks.

Regardless of what anyone says about going to the game and getting behind the players, the truth is that those that go are being selfish in the extreme because they are simply addicted to going to the match and probably don't buy pies or have a drink anyway, so don't try to justify your actions as being in the interests of the club.

thats the most Ridiculous thing ive ever heard. Who are you or anyone else to tell me that im selfish for going to support the team i love?!

Who give you or anyone else the right to make the decision that a boycott is the right way to go about protesting?!

If i want to go to the match to watch and support the lads thats exactly what ill do, and ill not have anyone else try to bullshit me by saying im being selfish!

Tbf I think Role Model and Elliottman are right. WTF sort of a difference is boycotting the Hull game gonna make? Everyone has already paid for their tickets, that's assuming they are ST holders. Do you really think Ashley will give a toss if no-one is there? No. He's got his money at the end of the day. The players will give a toss though, they'll be thinking "f***ing hell why did I come here?" They will care even more when they lose and problems become more intense as well!

It would just show us to be even more dumb if we didn't turn up when we paid for our tickets already.

Also, this Spurs game alot of people paid for their ST last eyar so get the cup games free this year, don't know why people would want to give up the chance of seeing the team they love for free. So that's out of the question for me too.

Boycotting is just stupid. It's like what FC United have done in a way. Just because times might get financially hard at your club you f*** off away from them?!? We are supposed to be "the loyalist football supporters, the world has ever had" now it's time to prove it!!!!

If there's no trouble it will be a miracle, fans fighting fans, little knobheads that never go to the match anyway standing outside telling season ticket holders not to go in.

Add to the the wind up the Hull fans will be on, its all going to go pair shaped I can just feel it.

If there's no trouble it will be a miracle, fans fighting fans, little knobheads that never go to the match anyway standing outside telling season ticket holders not to go in.

Add to the the wind up the Hull fans will be on, its all going to go pair shaped I can just feel it.

I don't think it will be too bad, but there will be arguments, and a few will most likely spill into fights.

I remember when the Bellamy/Souness incident occurred, some lads not far from where I sit started singing 'Craig Craig Bellamy Tralalala...'. That nearly errupted into a fight, over something not nearly as major as this. Although fans were largely divided for that incident, the consensus amongst say 80% of fans for this are anti - Wise, Lliambas and Ashley (although not as much as Wise).

Guest Darth Toon

I also think there's a concern that a lot of Hull fans will get tickets for the Home end, which could add to the tension (especially if they're beating us....)

Has anyone had success returning their 3 year ST's for refund?

I ask because, as I understand it, the "official" attendance is on tickets sold and not people through the gate.

That said, if a ST holder doesn't show up he is still considered as attending and the attendance number will support MA.

"Well boys, we sacked Keegan and 50,000 attended the Hull match - piss on the boycott, eh?"

Guest Brazilianbob

The point is an empty stadium will embarrass Ashley and put him firmly on the spot.  The media will then put pressure on him as to what he is going to do to placate the absent fans.  If he does nothing they will hound him, hopefully to the point that he takes the next offer tabled.

By not boycotting the match Ashley can simply turn round to the media and say "What problem?"  "They all turned up so I was right to stick to my guns because the NUFC fans have proved they will put up with anything I choose to do with my football club!"

If you go to the match on saturday you are simply showing your support for Ashley, but perhaps that is what the majority of fans want.  Make a token gesture of discontent at the game then forget all about it.

If you go to the match on saturday you are simply showing your support for Ashley, but perhaps that is what the majority of fans want.  Make a token gesture of discontent at the game then forget all about it.

Nonsense.

The point is an empty stadium will embarrass Ashley and put him firmly on the spot.  The media will then put pressure on him as to what he is going to do to placate the absent fans.  If he does nothing they will hound him, hopefully to the point that he takes the next offer tabled.

By not boycotting the match Ashley can simply turn round to the media and say "What problem?"  "They all turned up so I was right to stick to my guns because the NUFC fans have proved they will put up with anything I choose to do with my football club!"

I've a feeling Ashley will think he's right to stick to his guns anyway, regardless of the boycott. I don't think he could operate his transfer policy if everybody wasn't singing from the same hymn sheet, and Keegan clearly wasn't.

Guest Brazilianbob

Nonsense.

Why is it nonsence?

Because you don't want to miss going to the match? 

It's hard to stay away, believe me, because I have been there and got the t-shirt.  Way back when the club sold Supermac to Arsenal, against the wishes of the fans, I and a load of mates all agreed to refuse to renew our season tickets as a protest.

Naturally I was the only one to stick to my guns because it was a matter of principle to me.

If anyone goes to the game on saturday, to my mind they they are effectively stating they are unprincipled in this matter and are surrendering the moral high ground to Ashley and the board.  If you can't see that then I suppose NUFC deserves you. 

Nonsense.

Why is it nonsence?

It's hard to stay away, believe me, because I have been there and got the t-shirt.  Way back when the club sold Supermac to Arsenal, against the wishes of the fans, I and a load of mates all agreed to refuse to renew our season tickets as a protest.

Naturally I was the only one to stick to my guns because it was a matter of principle to me.

If anyone goes to the game on saturday, to my mind they they are effectively stating they are unprincipled in this matter and are surrendering the moral high ground to Ashley and the board.  If you can't see that then I suppose NUFC deserves you. 

what exactly am i surrendering if i go to the match btw??? & why am i unprincipled??

Guest Brewcastle

I'm living in Norway, but makes some trips during season to SJP. This weekend I will for sure not travel. But I understand you Geordies who want's to go to the match, even it can be understood as a support to Ashley.

But why not make a silent protest against Ashley inside SJP? - If everybody put on the jersey inside-out or backwards and make banners who tells why it's done, that will be effective. It will be spread international by TV. -And Ashley will be the only one with jersey right way (if he dares to show up)  :lol:

I'm living in Norway, but makes some trips during season to SJP. This weekend I will for sure not travel. But I understand you Geordies who want's to go to the match, even it can be understood as a support to Ashley.

But why not make a silent protest against Ashley inside SJP? - If everybody put on the jersey inside-out or backwards and make banners who tells why it's done, that will be effective. It will be spread international by TV. -And Ashley will be the only one with jersey right way (if he dares to show up)  :lol:

na, he's not going to be there.

also you should change your AV now lol

Guest Brewcastle

[.........]

na, he's not going to be there.

also you should change your AV now lol

I just changed the AV by irony...... And will have it like that until new manager is named. -Can dream about it will be Keegan  :razz:

I'm still going at the weekend, not because i have any love towards Ashley but because i love my club and always enjoy the football.

I will add my voice to the protest when i can but just as important i will support the lads for the 90 minutes. If there is anything worse than the shit that is going on at the minute, it's if we start dropping points against teams like Hull at home.

Guest Brazilianbob

Nonsense.

Why is it nonsence?

what exactly am i surrendering if i go to the match btw??? & why am i unprincipled??

If you can't see how and why you are forfeiting the moral high ground you are a lost cause already.  Put it this way, an empty ground is a tangibly, visible protest that cannot be hidden unless the club refuses to allow cameras into the ground.

Not buying merchandise etc, will not cause any tangible effect whatsoever if the club decide not to release sales figures.  What do you think the club will do if sales are zero?  Tell the world that they haven't sold anything? or simply release a statement saying on-line sales are booming!

I am not advocating that 52000 will boycott the game because there will always be fans like you who think a token gesture is sufficient, and can leave it to the more radical fans to forcibly make our feelings known.  However, to my mind going to the game is like a union member crossing a picket line.  Would you do that?

Guest taff2727

Jesus wept.

Jesus wept.

cracking post mate,well said.

hang ya heads in shame as you go in,total disgrace to those that are prepared to sit it out.

Nonsense.

Why is it nonsence?

If you can't see how and why you are forfeiting the moral high ground you are a lost cause already.  Put it this way, an empty ground is a tangibly, visible protest that cannot be hidden unless the club refuses to allow cameras into the ground.

Not buying merchandise etc, will not cause any tangible effect whatsoever if the club decide not to release sales figures.  What do you think the club will do if sales are zero?  Tell the world that they haven't sold anything? or simply release a statement saying on-line sales are booming!

I am not advocating that 52000 will boycott the game because there will always be fans like you who think a token gesture is sufficient, and can leave it to the more radical fans to forcibly make our feelings known.  However, to my mind going to the game is like a union member crossing a picket line.  Would you do that?

ok, let me put it this way. What if i dont agree with you? Who gave you or anyone else the right to say "right everyone, we're boycotting".

???

Jesus wept.

Jesus wept.

cracking post mate,well said.

hang ya heads in shame as you go in,total disgrace to those that are prepared to sit it out.

are you people fucking kidding me? who decides you are right and i am wrong? answer me that before posting more shite like that eh.