IMPORTANT: Pre-Hull Meeting?

Heron

I'm against a boycott, but if I was to protest over anything, it would be the way the club is treating the fans. Am I right in thinking that since this kicked off around 2 weeks ago we have had no one from the club telling us anything other than those awful 'club statements' they put on the official site. I understand it is not Ashley's place to communicate but what about the chairman, or have we not got a press officer. Someone who could give us the slightest idea what is going on.

Just seen one of those big triangular billboard trucks go past SJP with a photo of keegan in his playing days, "BRING BACK KING KEV" across it and a prominent BetFred logo.  Imagine we'll be seeing that tomorrow.  They probably wont be the only ones wanting in on the act, wouldn't be surprised to see bikini girls handing out King Kev masks with "Daily Star" on the forehead and the like.

I'm against a boycott, but if I was to protest over anything, it would be the way the club is treating the fans. Am I right in thinking that since this kicked off around 2 weeks ago we have had no one from the club telling us anything other than those awful 'club statements' they put on the official site. I understand it is not Ashley's place to communicate but what about the chairman, or have we not got a press officer. Someone who could give us the slightest idea what is going on.

Agree with that like. It's farcical the way the fans have been kept in the dark, and it has been right from the beginning of this saga.

WE'RE YOUR CUSTOMERS YOU CUNTS, NOT THE PRESS.

Exactly, what would they say?

If they came out and admitted they'd made major mistakes, their credibility would be shot regardless of how honest they would be - and that just won't happen. And on the other hand if they came out and were negative about Keegan again they'd be hated even more by the vast majority of fans who have decided for themselves exactly who is to blame.

Of course I'd like to hear a further statement but I'm not sure what they would say.

Fair enough, but what would you like the club to have said? I don't think they would be happy to comment on the details of what was going on behind the scenes...

They could easily have put out more comments - even if they were really vague - especially on that first day. Was he sacked? Had he resigned? Talks still ongoing? No problem whatsoever? We had fuck all for almost the full day, and even then they didn't confirm anything properly.

The point is that since Mort went, we've not heard a fucking peep from Llambias, and it's not good enough. In case they didn't notice, the fans care what's going on.

Fair enough, they were far to quiet at the start of this debacle, I agree. As for now though like I said I'm not sure what they could say.

Well they haven't even put out anything about their current plans. Even some shite comments from someone (and nobody daring to put their name to the statements is pathetic, too) about how they are looking for a good new manager and when they expect to be making advances on the situation - they haven't even managed that!

For me it is about how the board are treating the fans, the lack of information and misinformation and what exactly are Ashley's intentions for the club.

I thought it would quieten down with the gap before the Hull game but that ridiculous statement last week only fuelled things again.  I think it is now about more than the Keegan resignation.

I am concerned about the financial situation as well.  I appreciate that it is a business venture for Ashley so he will be looking to make money but we appear reluctant to spend anything.  What happens next year when there is less season ticket money coming in because people have paid up front.  I just think that the plan is to buy players cheap and sell them for a profit and therefore there is no real ambition to challenge for any honours.  But then who knows because they never say anything to the supporters.

For too long, people have been saying Newcastle fans will turn up regardless of performance and buy all the merchandise.  Maybe Ashley has misjudged his market and for once fans are saying, they are not prepared to be mugs any longer.

For me it is about how the board are treating the fans, the lack of information and misinformation and what exactly are Ashley's intentions for the club.

I thought it would quieten down with the gap before the Hull game but that ridiculous statement last week only fuelled things again.  I think it is now about more than the Keegan resignation.

I am concerned about the financial situation as well.  I appreciate that it is a business venture for Ashley so he will be looking to make money but we appear reluctant to spend anything.  What happens next year when there is less season ticket money coming in because people have paid up front.  I just think that the plan is to buy players cheap and sell them for a profit and therefore there is no real ambition to challenge for any honours.  But then who knows because they never say anything to the supporters.

For too long, people have been saying Newcastle fans will turn up regardless of performance and buy all the merchandise.  Maybe Ashley has misjudged his market and for once fans are saying, they are not prepared to be mugs any longer.

If the club is being run not to spend money outside of a rigid budget then any monies paid upfront for next season will not have been touched this summer, it would be too much of a contradiction. Imo the three year deal wasn't to get more cash upfront (aren't there periodic direct debti schemes set up which would support this) but simply to lock in and guarantee the income streams. The small reduction in price if you take the three year option is just a cheap tool to do this, like a clubcard is a very cheap and effective tool to lock customers into buying there and to give them all the marketin information they need.

Fair enough, but what would you like the club to have said? I don't think they would be happy to comment on the details of what was going on behind the scenes...

They could easily have put out more comments - even if they were really vague - especially on that first day. Was he sacked? Had he resigned? Talks still ongoing? No problem whatsoever? We had fuck all for almost the full day, and even then they didn't confirm anything properly.

The point is that since Mort went, we've not heard a fucking peep from Llambias, and it's not good enough. In case they didn't notice, the fans care what's going on.

Yeah, Llambias does seem like a reclusive chairman. With the owner not wanting to be public, he needs an approachable chairman like Chris Mort.

Bring back Mort! I've thought of a protest :)

Agree with that like. It's farcical the way the fans have been kept in the dark, and it has been right from the beginning of this saga.

WE'RE YOUR CUSTOMERS YOU c***s, NOT THE PRESS.

They aren't obliged to tell us anything, if they  tell us the press find out too, its a simple catch 22.

Just do us all a favour, be sensible - press bad enough because of whats happening IN the club without us compounding the issue on the outside.  Try and keep the mongs at the back, ask them to keep they're shoes on.  And FFS if anyones doing signs take a dictionary! :laugh:

Good Luck

Exactly, what would they say?

If they came out and admitted they'd made major mistakes, their credibility would be shot regardless of how honest they would be - and that just won't happen. And on the other hand if they came out and were negative about Keegan again they'd be hated even more by the vast majority of fans who have decided for themselves exactly who is to blame.

Of course I'd like to hear a further statement but I'm not sure what they would say.

How about, for example...

Newcastle United Football Club would like to express their concerns at the recent turn of events culminating in Kevin Keegans resignation from his position as manager. We would like to assure the fans that we are currently investigating the best manner in which to move forward from this ensuring similar events never happen again, providing a more sound footing for the future growth and success of the football club as a whole. The club will endeavour to keep the fans informed of our plans as and when necessary and applicable.

Not that difficult to say something, nothing really said there but it could have worked as a token appeasement if nothing else.