IMPORTANT: Pre-Hull Meeting?

Heron

How many season ticket holders do we have? 40k? I'd be suprised if the crowd is 45k for this, seeing as Bolton was 47, a fair few tickets are sold in the run up and wont have been this time, plus a canny few season ticket holders wont go.f*** me tho, i dont know why anyone would waste extra money to buy a ticket for the spuds cup game. Can see that being a seriously low crowd - maybes 15k.

Yeah, but Hull have sold their allocation of 3,000 and are planning to buy thousands of tickets in the home areas.

Thay could probably bring 6-7,000 for this one I reckon.

Any kind of boycott will only provide more ammunition for Sky TV and the newspapers to take the piss out of us.

Oh and don't forget you'll also have mackems and Man City fans in 10 years time saying "we remember when you only had 15,000 for a Premiership match" 

Just get yersels to the match and have a bit shout.

And what would be new about that? f*** them, f*** Sky, f*** the players, f*** Asshley and Co it is about time we stood up for ourselves and put ourselves first.

I don't need to justify my support for my club by cheering on the players or turning up at the match, buying merchandise, wearing my colors etc. and neither do any of us so whatever we do our support for NUFC can never be in question or deemed unsupportive FFS. A full on boycott would send shockwaves throughout the world of football and would gain worldwide support from rival fans. I feel this is about the state of the game too and not just NUFC, as I'm sick of how both are being ran.

If there is a full house as normal and just chants against Ashley I for one will give up hope in us as fans as this is a real opportunity for us to once and for all say enough is enough.

Enjoy your boycott it's your choice.

As usual I'll be working this week, having a few pints and going to the match to support my team, the same team I've supported for decades. I might have a bit protest while I'm there.

i think its wise's team, no

It may be Wise's team to you mate but it's our team to me.

Anyway some that shouting for a boycott don't actually attend the match. Shouldn't a pre-requisite of a boycott be that you actually attend in the first place ?

A boycott at the match of however period of time is a must imo.

This one game is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things & when you look at the bigger picture, however it might feel. Not that this situation dosent say we cant win anyway.

But it needs to be a unique message, and short & snappy. How many times has a 'chants inside the ground' protest been seen around England? A message needs to be sent that says 'we really mean business'.

Even if theres just 20,000 inside the stadium, for KO or whatever, it would hit home a message harder than anything. 'Silence' is sometimes the most deafining noise.

I suggest fans chanting & protesting outside the ground for the start of the game, and then make their way in after 10, 15mins. Mass of banners, relentess singning against the board outside Shearers.

And people might say, 'but it makes no difference beacause I already I have a ticket so he has my money therefore it takes away the whole point of not bieng there/for the first 10mins whatever' but thats not the case at all, its about sending a message. Its saying 'THIS is what it will be like if you stay here, we may have paid for this game - but there will be the same empty seats next game WITHOUT the tickets bieng paid for'. A visual threat. We have to take this oppurtunity and make the most of it. And we have to be relentess.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've decided I shall attend the Hull match and sing none stop about Newcastle United and then go my merry way at the final whistle.

I've decided I shall attend the Hull match and sing none stop about Newcastle United and then go my merry way at the final whistle.

:lol:

Picturing a HTT silhouette walking away from St. James Park towards a setting sun which has the face of Kevin Keegan, Journey's 'Don't Stop Believin' playing softly.

ashley is a superficial, southern fuck. should have known when he said he was in it for 'a bit of fun'.

you wouldnt see randy lerner standing downing pints with 4 bodyguards round him in the away end. time for the owner to start being a professional and leave the PR stunts to some other stupid fuck. this club has been a laughing stock too long

The standing in the crowd thing has nothing to do with this, or anything, really.

ill be at the hull game whatever happens

Do you not agree with this mate? I know everyone has their opinion about how to go about it btw, and everyones right in a different sense  :thup:

This one game is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things & when you look at the bigger picture, however it might feel. Not that this situation dosent say we cant win anyway.

But it needs to be a unique message, and short & snappy. How many times has a 'chants inside the ground' protest been seen around England? A message needs to be sent that says 'we really mean business'.

Even if theres just 20,000 inside the stadium, for KO or whatever, it would hit home a message harder than anything. 'Silence' is sometimes the most deafining noise.

I suggest fans chanting & protesting outside the ground for the start of the game, and then make their way in after 10, 15mins. Mass of banners, relentess singning against the board outside Shearers.

And people might say, 'but it makes no difference beacause I already I have a ticket so he has my money therefore it takes away the whole point of not bieng there/for the first 10mins whatever' but thats not the case at all, its about sending a message. Its saying 'THIS is what it will be like if you stay here, we may have paid for this game - but there will be the same empty seats next game WITHOUT the tickets bieng paid for'. A visual threat. We have to take this oppurtunity and make the most of it. And we have to be relentless.

ill be at the hull game whatever happens

ditto, paid for my ticket already, support the club badge itself before any person who will ever be or has been involved in the club and this will always be the case. I will give my support to the team who have done nothing wrong (apart from being a bit shite from time to time) and are middlemen in this whole farce. The Spurs game is the one to boycott, one where people have not got their tickets included their payments already.

Guest michaelfoster

IMO boycotting/protesting will just make things worse, we need to get behind the players and make sure we are still getting results otherwise we might aswell forget this season, we pretty much wrote off last season due to fat sam.

What we dont need is people boycotting & not supporting the players, as the players heads will just drop, than will lead to poor performances & defeats then more people will start getting on the players backs, then they will just give up & not perform.

Keegan has gone & we need to move on but some people cant accept that.

Oh i am a ST holder btw, ive paid alot of money for my ticket (ive just finished uni & havnt got a full time job yet) so thats another reason why i wont boycott

IMO boycotting/protesting will just make things worse, we need to get behind the players and make sure we are still getting results otherwise we might aswell forget this season, we pretty much wrote off last season due to fat sam.

What we dont need is people boycotting & not supporting the players, as the players heads will just drop, than will lead to poor performances & defeats then more people will start getting on the players backs, then they will just give up & not perform.

Keegan has gone & we need to move on but some people cant accept that.

Oh i am a ST holder btw, ive paid alot of money for my ticket (ive just finished uni & havnt got a full time job yet) so thats another reason why i wont boycott

Dead right we need to be supporting our team more than ever right now.

Also imagine if a hostile crowd or meagre home support helped Hull to win on Saturday and in May next year we were 3 points short of a European place or even worse relegated by 1 or 2 points with the mackems 2 points above us.

And people might say, 'but it makes no difference beacause I already I have a ticket so he has my money therefore it takes away the whole point of not bieng there/for the first 10mins whatever' but thats not the case at all, its about sending a message. Its saying 'THIS is what it will be like if you stay here, we may have paid for this game - but there will be the same empty seats next game WITHOUT the tickets bieng paid for'. A visual threat. We have to take this oppurtunity and make the most of it. And we have to be relentess.

This.  SOME boycott is a must if you want a message.  Honestly, chanting is really not going to do much.  We've done it loads before.  Loads have.  Something big and noticeable has to happen to show it's not some other little grievance.  And Keegan chanting when in.

And the players aren't stupid.  It's not a lack of support for them, they'll be glad we're making a strong point they support.  Seriously chanting 'll do notihng.  Villa had their little chants and ellis banners for years.  An empty stadium even if for 15 mins will really stand out!

You know people keep talking about writing this season off, but to me the only people who will write it off for us is the fans.

If we go to Hull and really give them our full support, it might just give them the lift they need to carry them over the finishing line. Seven points from four games and we're laughing. Confidence would be high and this in turn would give the new manger a much easier transition. How many times have you heard a player like Martins talk about their bond with the fans? That isn't a bond broken by any boardroom crisis. If we get behind those lads I can only see a positive reaction from them.

If we go to Hull and Boycott the team will walk out to a stadium of empty seats, can you imagine that feeling. You can just see the "If they can't be bothered, then we can't be bothered" attitude creeping in. So suppose this happens and we don't beat a Hull side that is expected by most to finish in the bottom three, what next? Confidence will be low, the new manager coming in will be expected to pull them out of the shit. If he doesn't then what, another sacking?

I know you think a boycott is better for the bigger picture but have to say, I'm not so sure. Is Ashley evil? Has he ever done anything to suggest he doesn't have the best intrests of the club at heart? Well if he has please notify me. If your so determined to drive Ashley out of our club there have got to be other ways around it because personally I can't bare to see another season and potentially another managerial reign in th shitter before it's even begun.

You know people keep talking about writing this season off, but to me the only people who will write it off for us is the fans.

If we go to Hull and really give them our full support, it might just give them the lift they need to carry them over the finishing line. Seven points from four games and we're laughing. Confidence would be high and this in turn would give the new manger a much easier transition. How many times have you heard a player like Martins talk about their bond with the fans? That isn't a bond broken by any boardroom crisis. If we get behind those lads I can only see a positive reaction from them.

If we go to Hull and Boycott the team will walk out to a stadium of empty seats, can you imagine that feeling. You can just see the "If they can't be bothered, then we can't be bothered" attitude creeping in. So suppose this happens and we don't beat a Hull side that is expected by most to finish in the bottom three, what next? Confidence will be low, the new manager coming in will be expected to pull them out of the shit. If he doesn't then what, another sacking?

I know you think a boycott is better for the bigger picture but have to say, I'm not so sure. Is Ashley evil? Has he ever done anything to suggest he doesn't have the best intrests of the club at heart? Well if he has please notify me. If your so determined to drive Ashley out of our club there have got to be other ways around it because personally I can't bare to see another season and potentially another managerial reign in th shitter before it's even begun.

I think even the players aren't stupid enough to know this protest is not aimed at them.

Guest Geordiesned

I had a blazing row with my lass after I refused to look for trainers in Sports Direct. Bloody women!

I spoke to a lass outside the Sports Direct shop in the Silverlink yesterday who worked there. She said they'd been practically empty all day with hardly any business. Good! But that needs to continue long term for it to have any effect on Ashley.