IMPORTANT: Pre-Hull Meeting?

Heron

Guest black n white

i think there should be a march before the game to sjp and arrive about 2pm

(banners etc should be made up personally so that people can express their own views)

then chants and protests

i personally think that we should support the team from outside from 3pm

those who do go in should boycott all purchases

half time more chanting and protests

support them 2nd half whether be inside or out

and after the game people stay as long as they feel necessary

personally i want ashley out...whatever the consequences

the way the fans and kk have been treated through all this is nothing short of....well i cant really

put into words how the last week has affected me

i think the main thing is safety to all people who attend

(to all the people who are cancelling their dd for the season tickets i believe people are looking

into the legal side of this and i would like to see mike ashley try to sue 30,000 people as well as kk)

i will support the team from outside sjp

no one man is bigger than the club but the fans are the club

Well, I'm living in Norway so I probably won't be taking part in any demonstration (unless I come over, this would actually be a fitting time to do so) but I think there has to be some sort of a fans' protest against all this shit. It's a difficult situation because I'm sure that we would all like to support the team. Now it can be hard to show that we're still behind the team if there's a boycott, but surely the players, at least some of them, will understand it. Maybe we could even get through to the players beforehand and explain that a protest is necessary and that we still support the team, but not Ashley and his gang of idiots. I'm sure the likes of Owen, Given and Taylor should be quite unhappy about Keegan leaving. I don't know, maybe a march before the match and a protest in the stadium at HT and FT would do it. When the game's on everyone could go absolutely mental chanting for the team. Think this could be a good way to show what I said earlier, that we support the team, only not Ashley.

How about a 'first in, last out' protest? Go in the minute the gates are open and leave when we are removed.

A couple of thousand people singing in an empty ground would make a fair amount of noise and the message will be simple 'We were here before you came and we will be still here when youve gone!'. The press will be in the ground to cover it and we could easily congregate in the same area. Also means everyone will be up for the game and ready to do the most important thing, supporting Newcastle United.

Nah, I don't think there should be a protest, but that's easily the best suggestion I've seen.

Will also be interesting to see if people who aren't happy with what's happened and do want to protest, really do care enough and do that, rather than leave early so they can skip the queues in the bars as normal.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

If there's a protest, staying in the ground after the match is a cracking idea.

Bobby Concurred.

This is the way forward.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

what the hell is a 'flash mob'?

and how am i supposed to support the team from outside the ground?

A flash mob is where a load of weirdos organise online to turn up at a specific place for a certain amount of time and do something crazyyyyyyyyy like sit down.

Sounds like the Ultra's wet dream, someone to finally villanise to draw the idiots over. You really think they're going to listen to a bunch of crusaders and their vain attempt to hit Ashley in the pocket. What good is it going to do? Think about it.

i think we all need to be 100% clear what the march is for....no mixed messages, just one very simple aim.

march to SJP before the game, whilst circling the ground to get more people on board. then protest before the game complete with banners, songs etc.

spend the first 20 minutes of the game outside continuing this, but NO LONGER because we have a match to win. if you're loud enough, the players can hear from the pitch anyways.

everyone gets in the ground, continues the protests via singing - making them positive while the match goes on.

half time, whack the banners up, everybody stays in the ground (no food, no drinks, no toilet......hold it in and bring a packed lunch  :razz:) and go crazy with the negativity, but once the players come back out, its time to support them again.

after the match, once we've won, hang around for a while and keep protesting (similar to that blackburn match just before roeder got kicked out/quit). and then our point is finally made: the world watches us non-mongs make a stand, ashley gets financially wounded, the board takes notice, the team wins and the squad has a new respect for its fans.

piece of cake  :aww:

(just trying to merge a few seperate ideas into one plan)

Like your idea, Ketsbaias Shiny Head. But it will be one hell of a job trying to get everyone to go through withi this. I suppose the majority of the fans don't get on these boards, so maybe someone (TU or whatever) needs to print flyers or something and get the fanzines' and websites' names on it, to show that it's an action organised and supported by many major factions.

What exactly would a protest achieve? And what are people looking for from it?

Just find it very puzzling, whats done is done, and until we know the next move from the board i think its pretty naive tbh.

Not that i agree with whats happened btw.

How about boycotting it, really this would me the most devastating for the board realising that this is a huge mistake, imagine SJP with  only between 10-15 000 supporters there. It would be a cracking idea, the sit down protest is also good but the consequences might be many such as they won't care and or they won't come. Best of all would now be to just boycott the home matches until we get an honest answer from our ''CHAIRMAN'',''OWNER'' and wise ''Director of Football''.

I wouldn't be good against the players playing infront of an empty stadium but it would really do the players ask the question, because they have also been betrayed.

What exactly would a protest achieve? And what are people looking for from it?

Nobody really knows what a protest will achieve.  One thing that can be guaranteed is that a protest will achieve more than doing nothing at all.  Even if it makes it clear just how angry the fans are, that's better than doing nothing and risking Ashley believing the majority of fans are ambivalent towards the turmoil.

If we get it so that everyone went to the match but didnt spend a single £, and didnt go into shearers, i think that would be as effective as not going. We would still be getting behind the players, but showing the board it was them we were protesting against. Not turning up will make no difference cos ashley is not even gona be there

What i think:

Meet at 2pm in Gateshead somewhere, march over the tyne and up to the ground with banners etc...wait until about 3:20, while demomnstrating etc.

Then after the game, everyone meet in the middle tier of the SJH Stand and protest there

Think we need a poll to decide the best form of protest. March or staying behind at the end of the game sound good. Even if everyone stayed for only 5 mins.

Protests probably won't bring Kev back, but we need the people who forced him out to pay. We need to make the remainder of their hopefully short time here miserable.

Any kind of boycott will only provide more ammunition for Sky TV and the newspapers to take the piss out of us.

Oh and don't forget you'll also have mackems and Man City fans in 10 years time saying "we remember when you only had 15,000 for a Premiership match" 

Just get yersels to the match and have a bit shout.

Any kind of boycott will only provide more ammunition for Sky TV and the newspapers to take the piss out of us.

Oh and don't forget you'll also have mackems and Man City fans in 10 years time saying "we remember when you only had 15,000 for a Premiership match" 

Just get yersels to the match and have a bit shout.

And having the media and rival fans taking the piss out of you is more important than showing who WE the fans are and what we want?