IMPORTANT: Pre-Hull Meeting?

Heron

Any kind of boycott will only provide more ammunition for Sky TV and the newspapers to take the piss out of us.

Oh and don't forget you'll also have mackems and Man City fans in 10 years time saying "we remember when you only had 15,000 for a Premiership match" 

Just get yersels to the match and have a bit shout.

And having the media and rival fans taking the piss out of you is more important than showing who WE the fans are and what we want?

Are you a Newcastle fan Felip ? Do you attend matches ?

Guest samtoonarmy

At the end of the day, you are meant  to support the club and boycotting the game is not going to do the players any good at all. Why not just go to the game and voice your opinions there?

And btw,  I think that the march is a great idea

I remember a few years ago a German team protesting against smething (and am totally unsure what), but they announced before the game that they would come to the game and turn their backs on the match and stand in silence for 13 minutes (I am sure that this had some relevance), and then turn around and sing. If say this was for 8 minutes (1 minute of Keegans tenure) it would have a very profound effect, and those who would not wish to boycott could still be involved. We would all be UNITED.

I remember a few years ago a German team protesting against smething (and am totally unsure what), but they announced before the game that they would come to the game and turn their backs on the match and stand in silence for 13 minutes (I am sure that this had some relevance), and then turn around and sing. If say this was for 8 minutes (1 minute of Keegans tenure) it would have a very profound effect, and those who would not wish to boycott could still be involved. We would all be UNITED.

Was thinking the same thing. If orchestrated properly, would be awesome and would show outsiders (including Ashley & co) the strength of our fanbase.

Guest Howaythetoon

Any kind of boycott will only provide more ammunition for Sky TV and the newspapers to take the piss out of us.

Oh and don't forget you'll also have mackems and Man City fans in 10 years time saying "we remember when you only had 15,000 for a Premiership match" 

And what would be new about that? Fuck them, fuck Sky, fuck the players, fuck Asshley and Co it is about time we stood up for ourselves and put ourselves first.

I don't need to justify my support for my club by cheering on the players or turning up at the match, buying merchandise, wearing my colors etc. and neither do any of us so whatever we do our support for NUFC can never be in question or deemed unsupportive FFS. A full on boycott would send shockwaves throughout the world of football and would gain worldwide support from rival fans. I feel this is about the state of the game too and not just NUFC, as I'm sick of how both are being ran.

If there is a full house as normal and just chants against Ashley I for one will give up hope in us as fans as this is a real opportunity for us to once and for all say enough is enough.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'll be disappoined in any fans who boycott the games. Its very important the fans stick together to support the team.

The team you say? I support the badge, Newcastle United, not the team or rather a team of people, the club is much much bigger than individuals and if it takes missing games to get shot of these pricks and to send a message to the game that we the fans will not stand for any more crap, then boycotting games is a small price to pay.

And what would be new about that? f*** them, f*** Sky, f*** the players, f*** Asshley and Co it is about time we stood up for ourselves and put ourselves first.

I don't need to justify my support for my club by cheering on the players or turning up at the match, buying merchandise, wearing my colors etc. and neither do any of us so whatever we do our support for NUFC can never be in question or deemed unsupportive FFS. A full on boycott would send shockwaves throughout the world of football and would gain worldwide support from rival fans. I feel this is about the state of the game too and not just NUFC, as I'm sick of how both are being ran.

If there is a full house as normal and just chants against Ashley I for one will give up hope in us as fans as this is a real opportunity for us to once and for all say enough is enough.

Exactly, we have to look at the bigger picture.

Apologies if this has been mooted already, and f@ck knows how we'd coordinate it, but here goes.

Turn up as normal for the Hull game.

1)Consume nothing at the ground

2)Vent our spleen like nothing heard on earth.

3)Regardless of score and performance, leave at half time.

We are the club, we are its past, its present, and its future.  This will demonstrate that you don't come up to this part of the country to make a quick buck by patronising the fans with a couple of strategic drinking sessions in the Bigg Market, installing a smooth talking lawyer to say the right things, and then installing your badly qualified cronies to run the club from London.

Everything is clear now.  The curtain has been pulled back.

Have Wise, Lambias and the rest ever said anything to the press about what they do, their hopes for the club etc etc.  Who is in charge of PR at SJP??  MI5?

Guest geordie01

ashley is a superficial, southern fuck. should have known when he said he was in it for 'a bit of fun'.

you wouldnt see randy lerner standing downing pints with 4 bodyguards round him in the away end. time for the owner to start being a professional and leave the PR stunts to some other stupid fuck. this club has been a laughing stock too long

And what would be new about that? f*** them, f*** Sky, f*** the players, f*** Asshley and Co it is about time we stood up for ourselves and put ourselves first.

Enjoy your boycott it's your choice.

As usual I'll be working this week, having a few pints and going to the match to support my team, the same team I've supported for decades. I might have a bit protest while I'm there.

Guest Howaythetoon

As usual I'll be working this week, having a few pints and going to the match to support my team, the same team I've supported for decades. I might have a bit protest while I'm there.

I'll be supporting my club too mate, but maybe in a different way to you.

I'll be supporting my club too mate, but maybe in a different way to you.

Like I said, enjoy it it's your choice.

Got to say i'm not in favour of boycotting games, there's a team of 11 players feeling as sick as us who need our support, games against Hull should be games we are winning and collecting 3 points, we don't want to be losing it.

If people want a boycott a game surely the Tottenham cup match is the one to stay away from,  after all we've paid for season tickets so we've paid our money for Hull one, staying away from the Spurs game hits Ashley where it hurts, his POCKET!!  Stay away from that one, don't give him your £20 for a ticket and watch it in the pub.

Got to say i'm not in favour of boycotting games, there's a team of 11 players feeling as sick as us who need our support, games against Hull should be games we are winning and collecting 3 points, we don't want to be losing it.

If people want a boycott a game surely the Tottenham cup match is the one to stay away from,  after all we've paid for season tickets so we've paid our money for Hull one, staying away from the Spurs game hits Ashley where it hurts, his POCKET!!  Stay away from that one, don't give him your £20 for a ticket and watch it in the pub.

i am sure there 60000 grand next week will soften the blow. Let's face it there is about one in ten footballers who would give a fuck about us, how about letting them play one game alone for the good of NUFC in the future

How many season ticket holders do we have? 40k? I'd be suprised if the crowd is 45k for this, seeing as Bolton was 47, a fair few tickets are sold in the run up and wont have been this time, plus a canny few season ticket holders wont go.

Fuck me tho, i dont know why anyone would waste extra money to buy a ticket for the spuds cup game. Can see that being a seriously low crowd - maybes 15k.

Song for Dennis Wise  :lol:

Get out of our home

Get out of our homeeee

You slanty eyed bastard

Get out of our home

Is that to the tune of Sloop John B Jamie?

No idea  :lol: To the tune of the Liverpool version

Guest black n white

I know one thing, the SJP irony-o-meter will blow the roof off the Gallowgate when the players walk out to Local Hero.

got chas n dave now man

Guest black n white

i think its wise's team, no