IMPORTANT: Pre-Hull Meeting?

Heron

You know people keep talking about writing this season off, but to me the only people who will write it off for us is the fans.

If we go to Hull and really give them our full support, it might just give them the lift they need to carry them over the finishing line. Seven points from four games and we're laughing. Confidence would be high and this in turn would give the new manger a much easier transition. How many times have you heard a player like Martins talk about their bond with the fans? That isn't a bond broken by any boardroom crisis. If we get behind those lads I can only see a positive reaction from them.

If we go to Hull and Boycott the team will walk out to a stadium of empty seats, can you imagine that feeling. You can just see the "If they can't be bothered, then we can't be bothered" attitude creeping in. So suppose this happens and we don't beat a Hull side that is expected by most to finish in the bottom three, what next? Confidence will be low, the new manager coming in will be expected to pull them out of the s***. If he doesn't then what, another sacking?

I know you think a boycott is better for the bigger picture but have to say, I'm not so sure. Is Ashley evil? Has he ever done anything to suggest he doesn't have the best intrests of the club at heart? Well if he has please notify me. If your so determined to drive Ashley out of our club there have got to be other ways around it because personally I can't bare to see another season and potentially another managerial reign in th shitter before it's even begun.

I think even the players aren't stupid enough to know this protest is not aimed at them.

Obviously, but I'm unsure how you've infered that from my post. The fact is a stadium full of empty seats is going to offer little encouragement to a team that is potentially low on confidence. Would you really want to play your heart out with no fucker in the stand? At home the crowd can mean everything, we've seen that in the past.

If this march is to take place then it needs organizing sooner rather than later. It seems a majority are in support of a march, and I say we go for it. We just need to agree on a time & place and which route we take.

Guest Geordiesned

If this march is to take place then it needs organizing sooner rather than later. It seems a majority are in support of a march, and I say we go for it. We just need to agree on a time & place and which route we take.

Can't see any way the police will allow a march tbh.

I had a blazing row with my lass after I refused to look for trainers in Sports Direct. Bloody women!

I spoke to a lass outside the Sports Direct shop in the Silverlink yesterday who worked there. She said they'd been practically empty all day with hardly any business. Good! But that needs to continue long term for it to have any effect on Ashley.

I bought some 5-a-side trainers, shorts and socks in Sports Direct on Saturday.

Guest Brazilianbob

Link:http://toon-talk.net/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=58&Itemid=

A well argued article and an extremely good reason not to attend the match on saturday.  In my view those that go to the Hull match are only half heartedly boycotting Ashley/the board, and don't really feel strongly enough to deprive themselves of an afternoons entertainment.  The only way to ram home our discontent is to stay away full stop.  Picture an empty ground and the media clamouring to find out what the board and Ashley are going to do about it.  If he thinks he can ignore the NUFC fans he has another thing coming, but not if we all fill SJP each week.

Link:http://toon-talk.net/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=58&Itemid=

A well argued article and an extremely good reason not to attend the match on saturday.  In my view those that go to the Hull match are only half heartedly boycotting Ashley/the board, and don't really feel strongly enough to deprive themselves of an afternoons entertainment.  The only way to ram home our discontent is to stay away full stop.  Picture an empty ground and the media clamouring to find out what the board and Ashley are going to do about it.  If he thinks he can ignore the NUFC fans he has another thing coming, but not if we all fill SJP each week.

Jesus wept.

If this was a friendly then I could see where you're coming from.

It's not. It's a league match, our players have done nothing wrong and need our support now more than ever.

Guest Brazilianbob

Jesus wept.

It's not. It's a league match, our players have done nothing wrong and need our support now more than ever.

Stop being so selfish!!  What happens if we fill the ground and still lose?  We have then lost the moral high ground and it will be seen as too little too late to boycott the next home game.  Try and get some principles for gods sake.  KK had principles and stood by them which is why he is out of a job on our behalf!!

Jesus wept.

Stop being so selfish!!  What happens if we fill the ground and still lose?  We have then lost the moral high ground and it will be seen as too little too late to boycott the next home game.  Try and get some principles for gods sake.  KK had principles and stood by them which is why he is out of a job on our behalf!!

What happens if we don't get behind the team, we lose, and we get relegated or miss out on Europe when one win would have seen us safe and secure. I might be exaggerating but it could happen.

There are so many other things going on to show Ashley et al how unhappy we are - why take it out on the players too?

Jesus wept.

And not going to a match just because a manager and owner had a disagreement isn't selfish on the players? Give over man. :lol:

Guest Darth Toon

The effect a boycott would have on the players is a very good point - 10,000 mackems boycotted their last game and look what happened there!

Jesus wept.

it appears that the people who snipe at those with balls, are all on this site.

i am certain tho, they are in the minority, everyone i speak to, to a man, is seriously f-ked of with clubs hierarchy

Jesus wept.

it appears that the people who snipe at those with balls, are all on this site.

i am certain tho, they are in the minority, everyone i speak to, to a man, is seriously f-ked of with clubs hierarchy

Yes, real balls to not get behind your club when they need you most. Us "in the minority" are such sheep, aren't we.

By the way, when I say "your club", I mean those guys who wear those silly black and white shirts and usually kick a football around on a Saturday afternoon. I don't mean those nasty old men upstairs wearing suits. Can you tell the difference?

He sounds like a Liverpool fan.

Can imagine arguments in the ground between our own supporters on Saturday  :undecided:

Wonder if any of the people boycotting will try and picket or anything?

hopefully for 90 minutes there shouldnt be anything to argue about. People have the right to sing anti Ashley songs etc just as people have the right not to sign.

Personally i think it will be rocking at SJP on Saturday.