Michael Owen

Kitman

If there is a silver lining to all this it's that Barton, Smith, Butt, Duff and Owen are history.

They haven't done enough for the club in their time here.

Did you see him yesterday?  Streets ahead of anyone else on the pitch and we won't see a player that good in black and white for a LONG time after he goes.  And yet you want to see the back of him.  Quality.

He was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Ran his stots off and despite being asked to play far too deep was still desperately unlucky not to score at 0-0 and then had a big hand in our goal and also offered support and encouragement throughout the game trying to keep everyone focused on the job in hand.

I cannot understand our fans having a go at him. He is our only genuine world class player and he has been desperately unlucky with injuries while a Newcastle United player. he hasn't been out with mystery injuries caused by medication like K C Dyer, he has had a broken foot, a medial ligament injury that would have threatened his career in years gone by and the mumps.

Actions speak louder than words and while on that football pitch wearing our shirt he has been nothing short of magnificent imo.

Guest icemanblue

If there is a silver lining to all this it's that Barton, Smith, Butt, Duff and Owen are history.

Did you see him yesterday?  Streets ahead of anyone else on the pitch and we won't see a player that good in black and white for a LONG time after he goes.  And yet you want to see the back of him.  Quality.

He was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Ran his stots off and despite being asked to play far too deep was still desperately unlucky not to score at 0-0 and then had a big hand in our goal and also offered support and encouragement throughout the game trying to keep everyone focused on the job in hand.

I cannot understand our fans having a go at him. He is our only genuine world class player and he has been desperately unlucky with injuries while a Newcastle United player. he hasn't been out with mystery injuries caused by medication like K C Dyer, he has had a broken foot, a medial ligament injury that would have threatened his career in years gone by and the mumps.

Actions speak louder than words and while on that football pitch wearing our shirt he has been nothing short of magnificent imo.

Well said.

Best overall performance from Owen in a long time on Saturday. He looked quick, sharp and really up for it. Unlucky not to score on that header, fantastic save from their goalkeeper.

We really need to keep hold of him.

Guest johnson293

^ This - well said.  :clap:

has been our best attacking threat since the day he signed, worked his socks off every time he's played for us and scored some crucial goals. was never given a chance by the fans because of injuries, even though his goal record for us is superb. they'll get what they deserve when he fucks off for nothing.

This is like the Milner thread after the game against Coventry.

Big fan of Owen since he's switch to this midfield or dropping-deep role, but not sure its worth getting carried away about the inevitability of losing him on a free just yet, not based on a good performance against Hull City anyway.

Always had the utmost respect for him as a player - absolute quality.

After Saturday I have equal respect for him as a person - he was magnificent a true leader in very difficult circumstances.

He was class on saturday.  Really looked like he cared.

If he goes, we WONT get anyone better than him its as simple as that, thats why we should pull out all the stops to keep him.

But who is going to pull out the stops??..Ashley doesnt need to..does he?

If he goes, we WONT get anyone better than him its as simple as that, thats why we should pull out all the stops to keep him.

That ship has sailed. He's as good as gone. And tmonkey I'm not just talking about the hull game, he's a class apart all the time imo.

Guest Chubby Jason

That ship has sailed. He's as good as gone. And tmonkey I'm not just talking about the hull game, he's a class apart all the time imo.

He's not as good as gone. The new owner will be desperate to keep a marketable asset like him and I'd imagine he'll be offered a bumper new deal by whoever takes over.

I think we'll see a lot of people eating humble pie of this one :)