Keegan reaction - Pathetic?

stozo

Do we even need a new manager, what can he possibly offer that the magic system can't give us?

It's not a magic system but it will help us in terms of recruiting but it will only help us if we have a manger willing to work under it.

an 18yr old boy from the midlands can not possibly understand the impact kevin keegan had on this club,

No man is bigger than the club, not even Kevin Keegan.

He's gone so we need to move on, no point in tearing the club apart trying to get him back or whatever people are trying to achieve.

Tearing the club apart? How fucking dare you. We turn up every single week without fail, pay our money, some 3 years in advance and are always there come win, lose or draw, rain sun or snow. The only fuckers tearing our club apart are the clowns in charge and we are expected to err, get behind the team and forget about it? The team for once can defend itself, this is bigger than the players, this is about our club and our future not a poxy Premier League fixture.

People paid 3 years in advance to save themselves money, no other reason.

true, but try adding "because they would continue supporting the club" in the hope of success. Some even trusted the chairman and owner when they said that "Kevin has full control of all playing matters at the club".

I'm sure Ashley was happy to give Keegan full control and Wise was in the wrong for going behind his, even though I agree with the things Wise was trying to do.

Perhaps this was why the club wanted Keegan to come in to sort out his differences, to make sure it didn't happen again.

Incidentally, an estimate by someone elsewhere is that the club sold 12000 "3 year" tickets.

Don't know where he got the figure from, but assuming its accurate or near the mark.

£1334 x 12000 = £16,008,000

Nice little earner if he sells on soon ............as we certainly haven't seen the money spent on players.

an 18yr old boy from the midlands can not possibly understand the impact kevin keegan had on this club,

He's gone so we need to move on, no point in tearing the club apart trying to get him back or whatever people are trying to achieve.

KEVIN KEEGAN is bigger than dennis wise by any measure of stature, success or achievement, this is what is so stupid by ashley.

Your piont is what? Keegan just doesn't fit in with our setup of Wise, Jimenez and Vetere. Keegan has chosen to resign, was given the chance to stay but didn't and wasn't prepared to work within our continental setup.

I actually believe the continental setup will be much more effective in the long run when recruiting players than 1 manager can ever possibly be with Wise, Vetere and the rest of our scouting setup able to watch players all year round, whereas a manger cannot due to his first team responsibilities.

if its such a brilliant system, Why didnt leeds, have that system, when wise and poyet were there.

ill tell you why, cos Wise wouldnt have accepted it.

KK's gone, but that's the end of that. We move on. The club's bigger than one man and I believe that our season can still be a successful one if we appoint the right man. Back that players and the club, that's what's most important.

Ever heard of the human element ?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=48747.msg1480195#msg1480195

Time will tell.

It wasn't even that good under him this time, total overreaction because of what he's done in the past.

a reaction to what we've been like as a club since bobby left too, imo

The fans love a bit of controversy like.

I love how this magic new system is suddenly more important than the manager. Why don't Arsenal sack off Wenger, just keep the chief scout on a massive payrise and get me to manage the team?

What a warped view of football. You'd think Newcastle fans more than any other would know what difference the wrong manager can have.

To be honest Wenger is a pure master at his job. What makes him successful though is he isn't buying many high profile players and also he signs some of his youth intake not based on what he has seen but on advice from his scouts. That works because he trusts the judgement of his scouts and also partly because a lot of his signings are youth players.

His signings are only a small part of what makes him great. He's played the same scintillating football with at least three different generations of players, the only people who've come close to him in terms of Premiership entertainment are Fergie and KK. He doesn't buy certain players if he thinks they won't fit into the system and style HE wants to play.

But who needs that when you can have Dennis Wise's signings under a shit manager? 

Incidentally, an estimate by someone elsewhere is that the club sold 12000 "3 year" tickets.

Don't know where he got the figure from, but assuming its accurate or near the mark.

Nice little earner if he sells on soon ............as we certainly haven't seen the money spent on players.

Do you understand the concept of that ultimately being the club's money rather than his own?  Genuine question.

Guest Howaythetoon

Do we even need a new manager, what can he possibly offer that the magic system can't give us?

It's not a magic system but it will help us in terms of recruiting but it will only help us if we have a manger willing to work under it.

Again, this isn't about KK being unable to work with this new system, but about being undermined by this new system. We could bring any manager in and the moment he too gets undermined he too will fuck off or things will turn sour. For a football club to work or a business everyone has to be pulling in the same direction and there must be 100% transparency.

KEVIN KEEGAN is bigger than dennis wise by any measure of stature, success or achievement, this is what is so stupid by ashley.

Your piont is what? Keegan just doesn't fit in with our setup of Wise, Jimenez and Vetere. Keegan has chosen to resign, was given the chance to stay but didn't and wasn't prepared to work within our continental setup.

I actually believe the continental setup will be much more effective in the long run when recruiting players than 1 manager can ever possibly be with Wise, Vetere and the rest of our scouting setup able to watch players all year round, whereas a manger cannot due to his first team responsibilities.

if its such a brilliant system, Why didnt leeds, have that system, when wise and poyet were there.

ill tell you why, cos Wise wouldnt have accepted it.

Not the fact that Leeds were fucking broke and bought most of their players from England on free or very low fee deals, not exactly needing DoF for that.

Do you understand the concept of that ultimately being the club's money rather than his own?  Genuine question.

eeerrrr.........

where is it then

It wasn't even that good under him this time, total overreaction because of what he's done in the past.

its just been one thing after another though hasnt it, bobby getting sacked, souness, owens injuries, souness, luque, souness, roeder, allardyce, and then a takeover, which for me was the reason i started buying a season ticket again. we get keegan back, the team are looking better, most people are happy and excited and then BAM, all taken away from us again. i think its been a build up of things rather than JUST keegan resigning.

Guest The Libertine

so true. "scapegoat" and "kneejerk" are words that come to mind every few months.

eeerrrr.........

where is it then

The club still have it ???

Guest Sniffer

Showing your support for the club is basically condoning the actions of ashley, wise and the other cockney cunts that are running the place. They're basically laughing their arses off at the fans because they know the sheep will still roll up on match day.

Whatever way you look at it it, supporting the team is supporting wise.

yeah, i want to be kneejerk, i need a scapegoat, lets have a witch hunt and a lynching...no matter who, Im f-king angry and i need to BLAME,

i love KK, now hes gone, everyone who is still there is a sh!t,  i am f-king ANGRY. :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

KK's gone, but that's the end of that. We move on. The club's bigger than one man and I believe that our season can still be a successful one if we appoint the right man. Back that players and the club, that's what's most important.

Ever heard of the human element ?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=48747.msg1480195#msg1480195

Time will tell.

I am very tipsy so you should ignore what I'm saying for now.

I'm sure Keegan will be putting all this behind him and getting on with his life, and good luck to him. I'm sorry it didn't work out but it takes two to tango.

Me? I'll be looking forward to the next game and seeing what our new lads look like and hoping for 3 points then checking to see how far up the table we've gone if we win.

If other people want to wallow in anger that's their look out.

I'm sure Keegan will be putting all this behind him and getting on with his life, and good luck to him. I'm sorry it didn't work out but it takes two to tango.

Me? I'll be looking forward to the next game and seeing what our new lads look like and hoping for 3 points then checking to see how far up the table we've gone if we win.

If other people want to wallow in anger that's their look out.

exactamundo

I love how this magic new system is suddenly more important than the manager. Why don't Arsenal sack off Wenger, just keep the chief scout on a massive payrise and get me to manage the team?

What a warped view of football. You'd think Newcastle fans more than any other would know what difference the wrong manager can have.

To be honest Wenger is a pure master at his job. What makes him successful though is he isn't buying many high profile players and also he signs some of his youth intake not based on what he has seen but on advice from his scouts. That works because he trusts the judgement of his scouts and also partly because a lot of his signings are youth players.

His signings are only a small part of what makes him great. He's played the same scintillating football with at least three different generations of players, the only people who've come close to him in terms of Premiership entertainment are Fergie and KK. He doesn't buy certain players if he thinks they won't fit into the system and style HE wants to play.

But who needs that when you can have Dennis Wise's signings under a shit manager? 

exactly. to use a bad analogy making a successful team is like cooking a meal, finding the right ingredients but also making sure they go together. you can't do that if dennis wise turns up in your kitchen with balsamic vinegar, vanilla ice cream, italian ham that won't be ready to eat for another 18 months and a strange vegetable from Uruguay that you've never heard of.

Wenger has changed his sides composition and style so many times by specifically targeting certain types of players that he knows will work together to be more than the sum of their parts.

The first arsenal team had a defensive full-backs, defensive midfielders, quick, old-fashioned wingers, a playmaking number 10 and a fast goal poacher.

The second arsenal team had attacking full-backs, defensive midfielders, quick modern wingers who cut inside and two playmaking forwards.

The third arsenal team has attacking full-backs, one playmaking midfielder, wide players who play a narrow game and muck in, a targetman and a playmaking forward.

each of the positions is very finely tailored to fit into a wider system that he has identified. he couldnt do that if it wasnt up to him which players came and went yet we have some people defending this 'strange' system. transfers are only a means to an end, once you have the players in you go to work on making them click as a unit. it's very difficult to do the 2nd bit over a long-term if you have no say over the first bit.