Keegan reaction - Pathetic?

stozo

The only thing pathetic is the whingers who have to mock the fans every chance they get on an internet forum. Showing your pride and anger and not letting the joke of an owner run free from blame is far more important than staying silent on the capitulation of our football club in my opinion. Correct there will be a few there who will not be the most intelligent souls about, but there were more people than just that. Blokes, women, children even elderly people were there, and are they 'pathetic mongs'? No, they are supporters of Newcastle United and we are not a buch of easy-goers who will let our club be run as a joke once more. They are there to get rid of the regime dragging NUFC through the mire becasue the last time I checked, these aren't great times. GAN ON LADS AND LASSES, PROTEST YOUR HEARTS OUT FOR THE LADS!

This new system you talk of has:

1. Forced our manager to resign

2. Failed to tie up Owen to a longer deal

3. Failed to strengthen the squad and replace players sold

4. Failed to add quality to key areas of the team

5. Failed to communicate with fans

6. Fucked up season ticket arrivals

7. Made us the laughing stock of world football

8. Turned us into a circus

As first impression go...

As for getting behind the team... we do that every single week without fail, I don't see how skipping a few matches will suddenly weaken our support. In fact going to such extremes only strengthens our support and backing to our club.

Next.

1. Partly agree. Make no mistakes, I'm against the DoF setup. A manager should never be undermined when it comes to transfers. Though I would assume that Keegan was told that a DoF was to be appointed when he took the job. This problem could, and should, have been sorted at an earlier stage, with a lot less fuzz. But Ashley is the owner, not the chairman. He doesn't run the club, that's the chairman's job. He's, of course, involved in some matters, like appointing Wise and the scouting team, and I would assume that Keegan stated his opinions at the time. Maybe Ashley thought that the problem would die off in time, that Keegan would come around etc - clearly he was wrong and look where we are now. That was Ashley's mistake, no doubt. At the same time I feel that when Keegan didn't resign when Wise was first appointed, it's weak of him to go now. He didn't get to do the job the way he wanted, but so he knew for the past few months.

2. Agree. This should have been resolved earlier but none of us know what has been going on behind the scenes. I for one believe that Owen will sign a new contract before January.

3. Now this is a strange opinion. Ramage, Carr, Emre, Faye, Milner and Rozenhal out. Jonas, Guthrie, Coloccini in - quality improvement on every player. Especially Jonas, who looks like he can set the PL on fire this year. In addition to that we got Gonzalez, and Xisco who I know nothing about. Rozenhal, Ramage and Carr was deadwood anyway. Emre was mostly injured and Faye was a decent player, nothing more. Quality improvement, no doubt about it. As for Milner, he should have been replaced. But how can one resist a £12 mill bid, it's like an early christmas-gift. All in all, the squad is strengthened.

4. Failed to add quality to key areas? Coloccini - CB. Key area. Guthrie - CM. Key area. Jonas - Everywhere. Key area. Xisco - CF. Key area (assuming he's as good as we would like to think).

5. Agree. But at the same time it's better than the old regimes mumbo jumbo. I miss Mort though.

6. Know nothing about that since I'm Norwegian and sadly only get to go to St. James' once or twice a year.

7. To be fair, we already were.

8. See nr 7.

My point in all this is that we were heading in the right direction. Keegan came back, the club got it's enthusiasm and optimism back and the financial side got resolved. That is a major point, because football isn't just feelings it's also business. We were on the verge of bankruptcy, now we are debt-free and in a strong financial position. I'm sure none of you would like to see us become Leeds? The new recruitment team is also a step in the right direction, minus Wise. Assuming it is they who picked our signings, they did one hell of a job and I'm quite excited to see what's next. Who can blame the club for appointing them, when Keegan had been out of the game for so long? These are professional scouts, they know what they're doing and that is the way it should be. Though the manager should always have the last say, it's a massive advantage to have such a team. Spurs have spent £45 mill on Pavluchenko, Bentley and Modric. Of course I would like us to spend that kind of money, but to be fair we've done just as well with Jonas, Guthrie, Coloccini and Xisco for a lot less.

Now we're a mess again, but we're still in a solid financial position, we still got an excellent recruitment team and St. James' Park will continue to fill up for every game. In other words, this is not the end of the world. We will get a new manager, we will still pick up points and probably secure a decent position this season. Give Ashley a chance and have confidence in his team to work through this. That's supporting the club, not whining and screaming "Ashley out" just because Keegan skipped. No man is bigger than the club, not even King Kev. I will never forget what he did in the 90's, but that's the past. It's time to look forward.

I rarely post, even though I spend a massive amount of time reading the board. Thought it was time to state my opinion. Now I'm gonna finish my beer and fuck off to bed and dream about what's to come.

Good post. Hope your right about St James still being full every game. I think it will take a while for the crowds to recover from this.

Thanks mate. Hope to see a full 52,000 turn out against Hull and show what we're really made of.

The fact is Newcastle have sold season tickets off the back of Keegan being in charge. People trust Keegan to try to provide what they want. They have paid to watch Keegan produce a team who play attacking football. Who says the new manager will have the team play with that style? I'd be pissed off if I'd bought a three year season ticket only to find out what I thought I'd be watching has changed.

Keegan leaving also means we're probably back to another transitional season and we've been having them since Robson was sacked.

The fact is Newcastle have sold season tickets off the back of Keegan being in charge. People trust Keegan to try to provide what they want. They have paid to watch Keegan produce a team who play attacking football. Who says the new manager will have the team play with that style? I'd be pissed off if I'd bought a three year season ticket only to find out what I thought I'd be watching has changed.

Keegan leaving also means we're probably back to another transitional season and we've been having them since Robson was sacked.

:clap:

We'd have sold the same amount or near enough the same if KK hadn't been appointed.

Second paragraph is true though

We'd have sold the same amount or near enough the same if KK hadn't been appointed.

Do you really think so? There were a few thousand missing for the Bolton game. The people who haven't bought new season tickets have been sickened off by the Souness, Roeder and Allardyce years. I think without keegan there would have been even less people. We may find out next season.

Nice one Svenno.

I'd just add that what I think is pathetic is someone leaking the "Keegan has resigned" story on Monday before the dust had settled. If it were Keegan himself, then I suppose that is understandable, but if it were any of his team or any of the players, they should be sacked. It seems fairly clear that the club made at least some overtures to save the situation. None of that needed to be conducted in public with the press gloating over everything. Whoever put the message out has made the club look a complete joke, and stretching it out over three days has just increased the furore about the whole matter because fans justifiably thought that something that was already finalized was being kept from them. If anything, the new regime has been pretty good at PR, so its a great shame that someone at the club had to put us back in the shit.

SACK THE MOLE!

The mole was probably Terry Mac, definitely the Keegan camp. Already discussed in the media thread.

Do you really think so? There were a few thousand missing for the Bolton game. The people who haven't bought new season tickets have been sickened off by the Souness, Roeder and Allardyce years. I think without keegan there would have been even less people. We may find out next season.

I do tbh, we have a great (fantastic if lack of success/silverware is factored in) core support who would still renew if Gary Glitter was manager (slight exageration, but you know what I mean). Their are more financial worries affecting the attendance than board/manager worries. We've had worse times than this recently and still held our own, no guarantees we'll carry on doing so, but I do reckon it would take more than this to hugely affect season ticket sales.

IMHO of course.

The mole was probably Terry Mac, definitely the Keegan camp. Already discussed in the media thread.

Terry Mac is someone I would of liked to see the back of years ago, there is something about his constant hanging around at the club, the bloke is bad juju. (conscious or not)

KK's gone, but that's the end of that. We move on. The club's bigger than one man and I believe that our season can still be a successful one if we appoint the right man. Back that players and the club, that's what's most important.

Appoint the right man? Who on earth would want this job, working under the current conditions?

I'm confused about all this "this season's now a write-off" malarky.

Is it? Getting behind the team against Hull and getting a win would give you 7 points from 4 games, and you've already got games at OT and the Emirates out the way. Come on, have some optimism.

Is it? Getting behind the team against Hull and getting a win would give you 7 points from 4 games, and you've already got games at OT and the Emirates out the way. Come on, have some optimism.

I think it is finished. The fans can shout all they like but the atmosphere within the club and at training, I can only imagine is dreadful and negative. This negativity will filter to the pitch on match day and will massively affect performances.

I think it is finished. The fans can shout all they like but the atmosphere within the club and at training, I can only imagine is dreadful and negative. This negativity will filter to the pitch on match day and will massively affect performances.

No doubt there's clear negativity at the club.... but 3 games of a 38 game season played. If the season is now over then serious questions have to be asked.

You think it'll be like this all season long?

You think it'll be like this all season long?

I honestly do. I have a nasty feeling that Wise is going to take control of the team as I cant see any other manager being daft enough to take the job on.

I think that will have a negative effect on the players and its fairly obvious what the reaction is going to be from the fans in the stands.

Just going to be like the latter days of Sams reign all over again

Yeah it's getting a bit daft now like. He's a great man and I was disgusted to see him go, but let's move on. Talk of buying the club and s***, f*** me.

'Move on', to what? Lets search & fight for the right thing. Right now, that is having Ashely removed & KK re-instated imo.

Yeah it's getting a bit daft now like. He's a great man and I was disgusted to see him go, but let's move on. Talk of buying the club and s***, f*** me.

'Move on', to what? Lets search & fight for the right thing. Right now, that is having Ashely removed & KK re-instated imo.

:lol:

hitzfeld anyone?

spot on by the way dave

totally agree,

or move on to the next thing we will need to move on from,to the next thing we need to move on from,to the next thing we need to move on from,to the next thing we need to move on from,to the next...ah f-k it...

Yeah it's getting a bit daft now like. He's a great man and I was disgusted to see him go, but let's move on. Talk of buying the club and shit, fuck me.

Dave! You Philistine! People aren't overreacting (much). Just imagine what the forums would have been like on www.jerusalem-online.com around the time of Christ's crucifixion.

I see no ostensible difference here, tbh. :lol: