Would you support a fans' trust to takeover NUFC actively & financially?

Guest Howaythetoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

just have a problem with you claiming that a business cant be run with shareholders, or that it would be fantasy. plcs have millions of shareholders.

Didn't your hero leave Newcastle the first time because we became a PLC?

Read Indi's post again, a few times. It may help you understand the point he's trying to make.

your post is so rambling, and shows little understanding of how business' work, i can forgive myself if i misunderstood your point. ive read it again and still cant decode it fully.

:lol: Where'd you get your MBA from then?

Just admit you don't know what you're on about and shot your mouth off without reading/understanding it properly.

your post is so rambling, and shows little understanding of how business' work, i can forgive myself if i misunderstood your point. ive read it again and still cant decode it fully.

Just admit you don't know what you're on about and shot your mouth off without reading/understanding it properly.

tell me what your point is, your post, then subsequent arguments are so contradictory.

it reads that you think a business cannot operate with shareholders, having varying amounts of equity, or does it not, your post is a shambolic argument to be fair, ..

No nufc is way too big a company to be run by a bunch of amateurs. There's a million reasons why it's a bad idea. What would they do for transfers all chip in a few quid? :lol: It's amusing that most of the people supporting this are the same ones who were saying that they thought the club should be breaking the bank on transfers! Do you lot ever visit the place the rest of us call reality? :rolleyes:

This, for starters.

While I take Indi's point it suggests a 100% equity injection. While of course you take on varying degrees of risk and require some pretty rigourous cashflow management (eg long term ST debentures, contribution schemes etc) you could fund such a deal a mix of debt to equity. Football clubs are unstable businesses and I'm not a sector expert (I work with transport and utility companies) but I'm sure you could at least acheive a 1:1 ratio. That would have the bodes required on each of your numbers. How much more attainable that is in people eyes is a matter of opinion.

The flipside of that is debtholders come first- so you have to pay your interest bill before you can go out and sign players. Providing the club is still making money, that wouldn't be a problem.

Arsenal issued bonds on a £225m season-ticket backed securitisation. We'd not hit that, but it could be done (though not right now as bond markets are fucked).

tell me what your point is, your post, then subsequent arguments are so contradictory.

it reads that you think a business cannot operate with shareholders, having varying amounts of equity, or does it not, your post is a shambolic argument to be fair, ..

No it doesn't.

It reads like a response to Phil's list of things that would make a fan takeover of the club different from a PLC, which is - strangely enough - exactly what it was.

I asked what major differences there was between what had been proposed and a PLC, Phil gave a list which he said made it "very different" and I countered that by saying how I thought all the differences he'd listed, apart from one (ie the dividends), didn't apply and explained why I thought that. What's so hard to follow about that? It's pretty much a standard discussion argument and counter-argument, claim and counter-claim, Is there anyone else who can't follow it?

What subsequent arguments are so contradictory? All I've done since is to point out that you've either misread or misunderstood what's going on, that's not an argument it's a statement of fact.

Why don't you just read the whole quote pyramid again, then you'll understand the context and it'll hopefully make sense, then we can all move on with the thread.

You should stick to writing poems, they are quite catchy.

just have a problem with you claiming that a business cant be run with shareholders, or that it would be fantasy. plcs have millions of shareholders.

Read Indi's post again, a few times. It may help you understand the point he's trying to make.

You and Indi have really mastered this talking down to people lark.  :joker:

Admit i misread it?, Me?, id never hear the last of it.

i have read it again, cant think why i got the opinion you thought shares in the club wouldnt work, apart from everthing you said that is.

:lol:

You're off your head!!

Well we've learnt from the master, I see you've moved on to irony now. :p

Well we've learnt from the master, I see you've moved on to irony now. :p

Watch it.  :lol:

My biggest worry would be HTT putting some small print in about having to have Sam Allardyce as manager.

I'm more worried about what happens to HTT's vote when he walks out on the club again.

:lol: for both

The fans are good at making a racket, waving placards and writing pompous opinionated crap in fanzines. Don't expect them to do more than that unless you liver in  cloud cuckoo land where Fred Shepherd, Sting and Andy Capp will form a consortium to buy Newcastle and install Keegan and Shearer as joint managers.