Hull...Protest?

Heron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think or yourself. Don't wait for .com to tell you what to do. They'll say what they think and suggest something but that doesn't mean you've got to fall into line and ollow suit. Get your ideas up there, find out which ones are popular and take it from there.

Is your 'f' key fucked?

Jst a typo. ;)

Either tonight or tomorrow night I will contact other club related sites/people with what ahs been most popular on here and TU. When the most popular action is clear if we could have a little write up then maybe we could just get that posted on various sites?

I don't know...whatever people want really....like previously mentioned...just trying to help.....

Chanting and boycotting Shearers etc. won't force them out, only way to get them out is to boycott games.

Even then how effective will that be? When everyone has already paid for season tickets.....

Besides, a lot of people want to back the lads on the pitch...

Chanting and boycotting Shearers etc. won't force them out, only way to get them out is to boycott games.

A tiny part of my brain thinks that may be a good idea but at the moment, my primary worry is not losing all our best players.

I am resigned to thinking Owen is going but I want players like Guttierez (in particular), Colocinni, Xisco, Gonzalez, to walk out on Saturday and think "the club is fucked up at the minute but these supporters are something else... I want to play for them".

Guest Geordiesned

May we suggest that anyone with strong views and opinions takes themselves to SJP on Saturday and vents those - they'll find plenty of others doing that and plenty of lenses and microphones to capture the goings-on.

Specific demonstrations are being planned for Saturday and we'll bring you news of those as that day draws nearer.

Supporting the team remains at the heart of this for us and most of you - that's why we aren't advocating a boycott of games.

However we fully support calls for the boycotting of club merchandise sales and SJP food and drink outlets including Shearer's Bar.

On a wider scale, we also support calls to boycott other businesses owned by Mike Ashley, including Sports Direct, Sports Soccer & Lillywhites.

And to those who have already walked away in disgust from the whole affair, we understand and sympathise with your views.

A standing protest would be good but ultimately, we're putting money into Ashleys pocket so he can go and play another 125k on booze!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Preferably I think we should boycott the game. It will make it clear that we are not going to back the club while hes in charge. He'll have to sell up sooner or later.

But whoever goes to the game should stay out of Shearers and the club shop. Plus dont buy beer, pies etc.

Guest Geordiesned

Can the poll be changed so that you can vote for more than one option as I'd vote for 4, 6 and 7? Although on option 4 as well as backing the lads I'll be telling Ashley and his cronies exactly what I think of them.

Guest Geordiesned

Either tonight or tomorrow night I will contact other club related sites/people with what ahs been most popular on here and TU. When the most popular action is clear if we could have a little write up then maybe we could just get that posted on various sites?

I don't know...whatever people want really....like previously mentioned...just trying to help.....

nufc.com are saying that later in the week they'll be posting details of any planned protests:

Specific demonstrations are being planned for Saturday and we'll bring you news of those as that day draws nearer.

A tiny part of my brain thinks that may be a good idea but at the moment, my primary worry is not losing all our best players.

I am resigned to thinking Owen is going but I want players like Guttierez (in particular), Colocinni, Xisco, Gonzalez, to walk out on Saturday and think "the club is fucked up at the minute but these supporters are something else... I want to play for them".

:clap:

Can the poll be changed so that you can vote for more than one option as I'd vote for 4, 6 and 7? Although on option 4 as well as backing the lads I'll be telling Ashley and his cronies exactly what I think of them.

I've already suggested that heza (or a mod) reset the poll in a few days when there are more options. Also need to include an option to vote for 3 or 4 of the suggestions if need be.  :thup:

Guest Geordiesned

Like Heron said, the Hull match also coincides with Eurostand '08 which is a European wide protest in favour of bringing back standing areas to top flight football stadia. If you want to know more just visit the site http://www.eurostand08.com/en/info

My vote would be a standing protest. Would be great.

Whilst I agree it looks good my doubts about it are that elderly people may not be able to stand for that length of time and shouldn't have to and the views of disabled fans will also be blocked. However, if everyone were to stand up at a particular point of the match (say on the half hour mark) and for a period of time chant against the board that may have a more noticable effect and not alienate the supporters I have mentioned above too much.

EDIT: Should say that I know Eurostand is a separate thing altogether but it will have the same effect on certain sets of fans.

Like Heron said, the Hull match also coincides with Eurostand '08 which is a European wide protest in favour of bringing back standing areas to top flight football stadia. If you want to know more just visit the site http://www.eurostand08.com/en/info

My vote would be a standing protest. Would be great.

Whilst I agree it looks good my doubts about it are that elderly people may not be able to stand for that length of time and shouldn't have to and the views of disabled fans will also be blocked. However, if everyone were to stand up at a particular point of the match (say on the half hour mark) and for a period of time chant against the board that may have a more noticable effect and not alienate the supporters I have mentioned above too much.

EDIT: Should say that I know Eurostand is a separate thing altogether but it will have the same effect on certain sets of fans.

If this standing up thing is the most popular vote we could always just put that to a poll for how long and when....

I am resigned to thinking Owen is going but I want players like Guttierez (in particular), Colocinni, Xisco, Gonzalez, to walk out on Saturday and think "the club is f***ed up at the minute but these supporters are something else... I want to play for them".

From what we've learned in the past few days, the pessimistic side of me thinks that if the new players do well this season, they will be sold for a profit next year.

In my opinion the only way to go is :

1) Fill the ground.

2) Give the players 100% vocal support

3) Give Keegan 100% vocal support

4) Do not spend a penny in the club shop nor inside the ground on food, drink programmes.

The fans and players are the innocent parties here. The players deserve every backing on the pitch as we need to show them that as far as the fans are concerned, it is only the board that are the targets of the anger. This epseiclaly applies to any of the 2 new lads that arrived on deadline day.

We also need to show the rest of the country that we are not just going to turn our back on the club as a whole.

Agree - 100% positive support for the team

The only thing I would add is no replica shirts - massive visual impact for the media and lets the club know we can choose what to spend our cash on.

Does any reckon this really matters? I mean i'm totally behind it and to be honest reckon empty seats would be the best message - altho i hope this comes at the spuds match rather than this one. However, i reckon most fans will soon forget all about it, will be back watchin every game and spending shit loads on the club every season.

Obviously i reckon the season ticket holders should get their moneys worth, but i bet theres still a good amount of money goes into Ashleys pocket from different areas and the overall toon support.

Personally i wont be spending a penny on the club or in Sports World until the fat cockney has gone. But, has the penny really dropped with most toon fans in regards to ashley taking the piss, and our money?

Imo The big picture tells you - the next few games dont bare much relevance in terms of the Ashley situation.

We boycott Hull game - there is only 20,000 max there, we lose, it puts Ashley in such a predicament. It backs him in a corner, & is the most ultimate 'we will not accept you here' ever. We lose (?potenitally), Ashleys position is pretty much untenable after losing so many customers, chances of him selling rocket, and potentially a take over happens. Massive lift for everyone, and weve got good enough players to kick on from there.

Bloody hell man, look at our start under Allardyce, looking good, unbeaten, but look how it ended.

I understand everyone POV though, its a hard situation. You wanna get behind the players aswell, and maybe show defiance in a different way. And maybe it will work.

Imo Nufc lose a fair bit of credibility as long as they are there.