Who are actually the realistic candidates for manager?

stozo

Guest LucaAltieri

Strachan would leave Celtic for a club where he isn't even allowed to sign his own players? No chance. Will have to be a rookie to work in this set-up.

Not necessarily a 'rookie'. Wenger was an unknown when Arsenal picked him up - still had a fair amount of experience, though.

Given that we've declared that we're copying the Arsenal model I wouldn't be surprised to see some unknown entity appointed manager.

Come to think of it I think it would be the perfect job for Mike Newell, as long as the coaches promised to take care of 90% of the training aswell.

And dont allow women within 100yards of the club.

I can see it being Coleman  tbh.

Possibly Curbishley or Strachan if we're lucky (yes it's that bad).

You off your tits or summat?

Not really...just saying i can see the board turning to him. He definately wouldn't be my choice.

You do know why he quit West Ham, yeah?

Not really...just saying i can see the board turning to him. He definately wouldn't be my choice.

Howay man. Why do you think Curbishley left West Ham?

In my current "why the fuck does this club insist on pissing me off all the fucking time" mood Chris Coleman would be far from the worst appointment. Not saying he would be my choice or anywhere near the top of the list but I wouldn't throw the toys if he was brought in.

as sbr said no manager worth his salt will come here, i agree we are f***ed

Wasn't Bobby Robson Director of Football for a season at Barcelona, where his role was to sign players?

Because fans were on his back and he wanted to keep some pride as he was goin to get sacked imo.

Doubt Sven would come so soon after joining Mexico.

Could he do both?

I seem to remember Hiddink managing a club while being the boss of Australia.

I really wouldn't want that, traveling from Newcastle to Mexico and various other parts of South America, would be a bit of a farce imo.

Wasn't Bobby Robson Director of Football for a season at Barcelona, where his role was to sign players?

Louis Van Gaal was manager. You're not telling me it was Bobby who signed half the Ajax 95 team.

I said it in the other thread but my pick would be Bilic, I know this is supposed to be about realistic targets, but I think he could be persuaded, particularly if we let him carry on with Croatia until the world cup. It's not like he needs to be continually scouting players like some of the managers of the larger countries, he knows his players already. I think he'd make a great manager for us and we'd have the coolest boss my a mile and as we all know that's hugely important.

Because fans were on his back and he wanted to keep some pride as he was goin to get sacked imo.

No, he left because he was being undermined in terms of transfers.

Sven would be a good shout.

Moyes I think would be glad to have someone else in charge of signing players going off past comments, we're a step down from Everton at the moment though.

Sven is too slimy.

Moyes isn't fit to lick Keegan's arse.

Whether he was undermined or not...the fact of the matter was that he was doing a shit job and would of got sacked anyway...

Louis Van Gaal was manager. You're not telling me it was Bobby who signed half the Ajax 95 team.

robson helped attract young players to the club and established scouting networks round the world, which subsequently brought the likes of Messi, Motta and Dos Santos over.

Whether he was undermined or not...the fact of the matter was that he was doing a shit job and would of got sacked anyway...

Wow... That's Curbiushley sold on me then. He's the man for the job ?  :lol:

Wow... That's Curbiushley sold on me then. He's the man for the job ?  :lol:

Try reading my other comments before you reply to them...

Just because a manager has clashed with DOF's in other countries, it doesn't mean he is against the system and it doesn't mean he won't think it can work with our lot. You can't just rule managers out for clashing with a board.

robson helped attract young players to the club and established scouting networks round the world, which subsequently brought the likes of Messi, Motta and Dos Santos over.

Well that makes sense after finding Ronaldo for Barca to give him that role. If only he was 12 years younger.  :undecided:

Well that makes sense after finding Ronaldo for Barca to give him that role. If only he was 12 years younger.  :undecided:

You make it sound as if nobody knew who Ronaldo was before he joined Barcelona.