Joint Statement from "The Mag" and "True Faith".

Guest Heneage

If people bought a season ticket just because Keegan was here then unlucky you part time cunts.

They probably thought they were finally going to see something worth spending their hard earned cash on.

Another bottom half finish is ok as long as we don't lose Dennis. :smitten:

I doubt that will happen thanks to the players he's brought in.

bluelaugh.gif

Guest Slippery Sam

This "action" is a bit wishy-washy anyway tbh. The need is to make ourselves heard and say categorically to Ashley and his lackies: you are not wanted here.

Not buying a pie in the ground? It's hardly Tiananmen Square.

;D ;D ;D Great line, Wullie.

If anyone signed up for three years thinking Keegan would definitely be manager throughout that time, they obviously haven't been watching football for very long.

Would that person be you? He had stays at both Newcastle (part 1) & Man City which seem very long compared to some stays in the Premier League. Of course he left Fulham early due to the England job.

If anyone signed up for three years thinking Keegan would definitely be manager throughout that time, they obviously haven't been watching football for very long.

Would that person be you? He had stays at both Newcastle (part 1) & Man City which seem very long compared to some stays in the Premier League. Of course he left Fulham early due to the England job.

Yeah, I didn't mean Keegan personally, I just meant that a lot of managers don't last for that long - so it would be a bit naive to think he would definitely stay the course.

Yeah, I didn't mean Keegan personally, I just meant that a lot of managers don't last for that long - so it would be a bit naive to think he would definitely stay the course.

And thats ths saddest thing of all. What with our recent history or changing managers, Keegan was supposed to be the beginning of a period of stability for us

Where was it stated by the club that all transfers were Keegan's choices? I personally was always under the understanding that Wise and co chose the players and KK just gave it his blessing which is what Keegan himself said. So if you're gonna blame people for this false pretense then Keegan is just as guilty as anyone.

Oh, come on, this should be common knowledge by now.

ASHLEY tells how he wants players with heart and passion for the club and that there is money for Keegan to spend.

“Yes, there is. If the deal is right – and that means it’s the right player who Kevin wants – then we will do that deal.

That's from the interview in that club magazine, hardly a press smear. Two lines, two fraudulent claims to make people buy season tickets.

Where was it stated by the club that all transfers were Keegan's choices? I personally was always under the understanding that Wise and co chose the players and KK just gave it his blessing which is what Keegan himself said. So if you're gonna blame people for this false pretense then Keegan is just as guilty as anyone.

ASHLEY tells how he wants players with heart and passion for the club and that there is money for Keegan to spend.

“Yes, there is. If the deal is right – and that means it’s the right player who Kevin wants – then we will do that deal.

That's from the interview in that club magazine, hardly a press smear. Two lines, two fraudulent claims to make people buy season tickets.

The way it's worded still suggests that the players are being brought to Keegan and he's just giving his blessing to it rather than it being someone he's picked himself. After all who is deeming someone 'the right player' if it's not Keegan?

At the very worst this is Mike Ashley's only major mistake since taking over the football club, and I think this is a massive over reaction and is quite frankly out of order, especially as the new owner is new to all of this.

You are all just taking years of frustration with Newcastle out on the current owner, who has hardly had anything to do with it all.

You are allowing a dislike of one individual in the whole setup i.e. Dennis Wise, as well as some weird dislike of Londoners/southerners to convince yourselves that they must all be evil and bad and seeking to destroy Newcastle United.

This is all extremely silly, especially when no one knows exactly what has gone on and has caused the current predicament. It is all rather astonishing.

Keegan resigned as manager. This is the only 100% cast iron fact we have.

If the new regime bring someone else in and the same thing comes about and  there is still unrest within the club then I will feel there is a real problem. At the moment though, I am willing to give them a chance to move things forward, and it is a shame so many have given up on them so easily, seemingly because of this dislike for Wise and distrust of Londoners. Crazy.

Guest optimistic nit

what concerns me about that statement is that there seems to be no forward planning whatsoever. its all very well to boycott the merchendise, but what will that achieve unless you boycott it for a reason other than revenge for keegan, its fucking stupid.

Ashley may not find a buyer for newcastle united, he may not even want too. also any buyer he finds may well be even worse than ashley. selling the club in this state makes that a distinct possibility.

They need to come out and say what we expect ashley and co to do to end the boycott. otherwise we'll just look like a bunch of spoilt kids. if we don't give ashley and co a way out of the boycott then whats the point of doing it in the first place? dont say "to force ashley out of the club" because what if he cant sell or refuses too? then we're fucked, because a sustained boycott for a long period of time will be very very bad for the club.

If they came out and said something like "we feel that our confidence in them is severely damaged, we request measures to be undertaken immediately to give the club's running structure more transparency, we would like regular meetings with fanzones, the structure within the club to be changed... etc... then it might have some effect. (those we're just random requests we could make, i'm not sure whether i'd agree to all of them but i was just thinking of examples).

there needs to be meeting with fans and club officials though imo, to straighten this out and get a better idea of what actually happened. in a dream world keegan could be convinced to come along, that would be ideal, but its not going to happen.

I would probably support a boycott if they actually said what we were aiming to achieve by boycotting the club other than chasing ashley out with pitchforks.

At the very worst this is Mike Ashley's only major mistake since taking over the football club, and I think this is a massive over reaction and is quite frankly out of order, especially as the new owner is new to all of this.

You are all just taking years of frustration with Newcastle out on the current owner, who has hardly had anything to do with it all.

You are allowing a dislike of one individual in the whole setup i.e. Dennis Wise, as well as some weird dislike of Londoners/southerners to convince yourselves that they must all be evil and bad and seeking to destroy Newcastle United.

This is all extremely silly, especially when no one knows exactly what has gone on and has caused the current predicament. It is all rather astonishing.

If the new regime bring someone else in and the same thing comes about and  there is still unrest within the club then I will feel there is a real problem. At the moment though, I am willing to give them a chance to move things forward, and it is a shame so many have given up on them so easily, seemingly because of this dislike for Wise and distrust of Londoners. Crazy.

Excellently put, not much more to be said than that.

what concerns me about that statement is that there seems to be no forward planning whatsoever. its all very well to boycott the merchendise, but what will that achieve unless you boycott it for a reason other than revenge for keegan, its f***ing stupid.

Ashley may not find a buyer for newcastle united, he may not even want too. also any buyer he finds may well be even worse than ashley. selling the club in this state makes that a distinct possibility.

They need to come out and say what we expect ashley and co to do to end the boycott. otherwise we'll just look like a bunch of spoilt kids. if we don't give ashley and co a way out of the boycott then whats the point of doing it in the first place? dont say "to force ashley out of the club" because what if he cant sell or refuses too? then we're f***ed, because a sustained boycott for a long period of time will be very very bad for the club.

If they came out and said something like "we feel that our confidence in them is severely damaged, we request measures to be undertaken immediately to give the club's running structure more transparency, we would like regular meetings with fanzones, the structure within the club to be changed... etc... then it might have some effect. (those we're just random requests we could make, i'm not sure whether i'd agree to all of them but i was just thinking of examples).

there needs to be meeting with fans and club officials though imo, to straighten this out and get a better idea of what actually happened. in a dream world keegan could be convinced to come along, that would be ideal, but its not going to happen.

I would probably support a boycott if they actually said what we were aiming to achieve by boycotting the club other than chasing ashley out with pitchforks.

There are a lot of dodgy people out there who wouldn't mind getting into football and taking advantage of a club of ours standing.

The fans could soon have something very real to cry about, and that would be a huge shame.

Guest barnabox

what concerns me about that statement is that there seems to be no forward planning whatsoever. its all very well to boycott the merchendise, but what will that achieve unless you boycott it for a reason other than revenge for keegan, its fucking stupid.

They need to come out and say what we expect ashley and co to do to end the boycott. otherwise we'll just look like a bunch of spoilt kids. if we don't give ashley and co a way out of the boycott then whats the point of doing it in the first place? dont say "to force ashley out of the club" because what if he cant sell or refuses too? then we're fucked, because a sustained boycott for a long period of time will be very very bad for the club.

That makes a lot of sense actually.  It's much more likely to have an effect if it leaves them a way out short of selling up immediately and leaving Newcastle for good.

I think we are justified in taking out our years of frustration on him because he has shown that he is no better than the rest and is possibly making a worse job - at a time when most of us thought "at last, the change we wanted".

This isnt a "he is at fault, keegan is perfect claim". I just dont have any faith that he is going to make any better decisions than have ever been made in the past by previous regimes.

I sense an appointment on the scale of Souness coming. I pray to be proved wrong.

And to be honest I dont think we ever need to know what really happened. All we know is it has happened and it happened under his ownership. Buck stops with him.

The way it's worded still suggests that the players are being brought to Keegan and he's just giving his blessing to it rather than it being someone he's picked himself. After all who is deeming someone 'the right player' if it's not Keegan?

erm, Dennis Wise, Tony Jiminez.

Mike Ashley might not hve done that much wrong before hand, but by fuck is he making up for that now. It looks like he's trying to outdo Shepherd in the 'how to make the club look stupid' stakes.

Like the shirt idea.    bluelaugh.gif

They don't speak for supporters and much of what they have assumed is based on taking Keegan's side because of our emotional attachment to him... in the way a lot of us have done.

That and the lies they've told to con thousands of people out of thousands of pounds.

If you're talking about season tickets, then I thought they were for supporting Newcastle Utd, not Kevin Keegan. I don't remember seeing any promises about the manager in the adverts or letters.

I don't think Ashley is blameless at all, but he's not the devil either.

No, sorry, season tickets were sold under false pretences. People have paid to watch a team put together by Kevin Keegan, not one put together by the former manager of Swindon Town.

If they were so confident of the same amount of people buying tickets regardless, why didn't they just tell the truth: "Dennis Wise will be choosing the players and we won't be spending any money. Now, that'll be £1500 please"?

They didn't say Keegan was building the team though as far as I recall. The media tried to tell us it was Wise buying behind Keegan's back but everyone laughed it off as cockney bullshit.

Er... what?

You said they made a pretense of the team being put together by Keegan. The club said nothing about who was buying the players and the media told us a completely different story but no-one chose to believe it.

Now you're just being pedantic..  The club said that Keegan had full and final say on who comes and goes at the club.  Which means he can build a side by picking and choosing from the players our scouts find.  Now we're told he never had final say on transfers..  They've blatantly lied, why do you think they did that?

Guest Heneage

Although Colo is no Anton Ferdinand. :lol:

He turned us down 3 times apparently :lol: I almost wet my pants, they had no response to me "Aye we had t osettle for Coloccini in the end like".

As for the statement im neither for or against all I ask is don't be dicks to us Stewards we've done nowt.

what concerns me about that statement is that there seems to be no forward planning whatsoever. its all very well to boycott the merchendise, but what will that achieve unless you boycott it for a reason other than revenge for keegan, its f***ing stupid.

They need to come out and say what we expect ashley and co to do to end the boycott. otherwise we'll just look like a bunch of spoilt kids. if we don't give ashley and co a way out of the boycott then whats the point of doing it in the first place? dont say "to force ashley out of the club" because what if he cant sell or refuses too? then we're f***ed, because a sustained boycott for a long period of time will be very very bad for the club.

There are a lot of dodgy people out there who wouldn't mind getting into football and taking advantage of a club of ours standing.

The fans could soon have something very real to cry about, and that would be a huge shame.

One of them already has FFS! :lol:

Guest The Libertine

good stuff. thats basically what ive been thinking too.

3 points from the hull match will shut a lot of the kneejerkers up.