Zico "open" to Magpies post

Rich

Looking at the amount of Brazilians that were at his previous employers I get the feeling he would want to sign his own players. Zico is very outspoken the last thing Specky, Fatty & Wisey want atm is a outspoken coach who wants to do his own signings.

If the players Dennis Wise likes fall in line with the strategy set out by the club then I can't see why they wouldn't go for them.

FYP

Looking at the amount of Brazilians that were at his previous employers I get the feeling he would want to sign his own players. Zico is very outspoken the last thing Specky, Fatty & Wisey want atm is a outspoken coach who wants to do his own signings.

If the players Dennis Wise likes fall in line with the strategy set out by the club then I can't see why they wouldn't go for them.

FYP

Not really.

So based on the number of Brazillians inhis Fenerbahce team, you have come to the conclusion that he is an outspoken coach who wants to "do" his own signings?!

I think I would rather take the mans words on board myself. He has stated, having obviously heard of all the hoopla that has taken place, that he is used to working with technical directors, and it isn't an issue for him, but instead, one that he finds normal to work in.

No you plum, I didn't say that did I. He is outspoken because he has verbal rumbles, go do your history. A few hints: Start looking at his never ending rumble with Romario. His slagging off of Brazil every pre-world cup although he loses that battle when one of the current players says he has World Cup medal & Zico is bitter because he was the star player in the best team never to win a W/C. His views on CBF. There are other battles he has had with various people in football as well.

The only time in premiership history we've looked abroad for a manager was SBR. Theres a reason not many top clubs have british managers - becasue they're usually shit.

Kets try something different for once. I could happily get behind a team coached by Zico.

Experienced? Yes

Large profile? Yes

Plays good football? Yes

Willing to work in our ridiculous system? Yes

Can teach our players how to take free kicks?  Possibly- its a tough job!

Could replace Butt in the middle of the park?  Yes

Bring him in immediately I say.

Nice list.

Can he speak English? Spanish might be useful with our current team too :lol:

The only time in premiership history we've looked abroad for a manager was SBR. Theres a reason not many top clubs have british managers - becasue they're usually shit.

Plenty of British managers have managed top clubs, alot more than Brazilians have.

Would be an absolute disaster imo.

Based on?

Never managed in the PL for a start. This isn't the time for an exotic coach, the rest of this season will become backs to the wall stuff very quickly. He won;t know what to do. IMO the time to expriment with a coach like Zico is when everything else is in place and that certainly isn't the case with us.

His assistant will be absolutely vital, and I believe the board will be looking to keep Houghton on board, who is very experienced in this league.

We need to stop playing it safe, it's time to take a risk. I don't think our team is so poor as to be threatened with relegation, so lets go for it. There are no outstanding, prem experienced candidates out there.

Accept your point about the assistant. In our situation I'd prefer Bilic.

Fener are a wildly rich club quoted on the Turkish stock market with a value approaching 2 billion dollars or summink. And the have made the step up to solid CL performaces recently under Zico...Might just be the wrong time to hire him is all I'm saying.

Based on?

Never managed in the PL for a start. This isn't the time for an exotic coach, the rest of this season will become backs to the wall stuff very quickly. He won;t know what to do. IMO the time to expriment with a coach like Zico is when everything else is in place and that certainly isn't the case with us.

His assistant will be absolutely vital, and I believe the board will be looking to keep Houghton on board, who is very experienced in this league.

We need to stop playing it safe, it's time to take a risk. I don't think our team is so poor as to be threatened with relegation, so lets go for it. There are no outstanding, prem experienced candidates out there.

Fener are a wildly rich club quoted on the Turkish stock market with a value approaching 2 billion dollars or summink. And the have made the step up to solid CL performaces recently under Zico...Might just be the wrong time to hire him is all I'm saying.

Er... he's not at Fener?

Based on?

So when is the right time? Bilic doesn't want the job.

My knowledge of managers outside of the PL is hardly sterling, but are there many bigger/better that we could realistically attract?

Speaking as someone of relative ignorance here (like most of our support) the words "Zico - Newcastle Coach" would go a great way to pacifying me after the KK debacle.

If the players he likes fall in line with the strategy set out by the club then I can't see why they wouldn't go for them.

What happens if they aren't in line with the strategy?

My knowledge of managers outside of the PL is hardly sterling, but are there many bigger/better that we could realistically attract?

Speaking as someone of relative ignorance here (like most of our support) the words "Zico - Newcastle Coach" would go a great way to pacifying me after the KK debacle.

I dont want the appointment to pacify me. I want our league standing in May 2009 to pacify me.

I refuse to get excited by an appointment ever again. Just been let down too many times

The only time in premiership history we've looked abroad for a manager was SBR. Theres a reason not many top clubs have british managers - becasue they're usually s***.

Plenty of British managers have managed top clubs, alot more than Brazilians have.

managed as oppose to manage.

I dont want the appointment to pacify me. I want our league standing in May 2009 to pacify me.

I refuse to get excited by an appointment ever again. Just been let down too many times

Easy to say, impossible to do IMO. It's what football's all about man.

I was talking merely short-term (as in immediate) reaction to it. I would like to think Zico could keep/get the lads playing though, he's certainly got the reputation that commands respect.

Another way of looking at it is that he's a world-famous name, which could entice potential buyers.

The only time in premiership history we've looked abroad for a manager was SBR. Theres a reason not many top clubs have british managers - becasue they're usually s***.

managed as oppose to manage.

Out of the best teams in europe currently, madrid, barca, juventus, inter, and the 4 english clubs there's only 1 British, 1 Brazilian, 1 French, 1 German, 1 portuguese, 1 italian and 2 Spanish.

So is that because they're all shite?