Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

The truth is, however crap he's played at times this season, the alternative is worse. I've seen Butt and Nolan play there in the diamond formation...no thanks. both are usually out of gas 5 mins after the ref blows for kick off. Lovenkrands is too lightweight and gives even less of a shit when he's played left wing. It has to be Jonas for me until we get in a proper left winger.

I like Jonas but he frustrates me so much, I also like some of his inter play with Jose who I have been very critical of in the past but he's forced me to be to be a hyprocrite of late so kudos to him and and every and anyone on here who had the faith from the off. Anyway Jonas on the left doesn't work as he's even more right footed than me and believe me my left wasn't much more than for standing and dancing but he doesn't seem to be willing to play on the right.

Not sure what I mean here as I'm rambling a bit but he does look to have much more talent than he and the club are unleashing but I still hope!

Guest Heneage

I think he's less effective when Enrique isn't playing.

Do you think the language barrier is the thing? Or is that just too easy a factor to draw?

He plays best with a full-back that overlaps, Enrique is the only one that does

That's because his left foot is woeful and week, some slight tweaks and a decent right back then he'd explode but don't get me started on the right back options at the club.  As I tried and failed to say earlier I think him and Jose form an effective combo but I think Jonas has the talent to do more as has to a lesser extent Jose

He plays best with a full-back that overlaps, Enrique is the only one that does

Alternatively, this season at least, he plays better with someone who's prepared to do his running & attacking for him.

Harsh for me in all except the Bristol City game and that was due to the internationals, not that I was happy with that at the time as thise in the gallowgate will agree