Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

wow, just wow. A set of supporters who actually seem to know what they are talking about? Highlighting Gutierrez, Enrique and Guthrie as our best players, and Nolan as our worst. Well I'll be....

wow, just wow. A set of supporters who actually seem to know what they are talking about? Highlighting Gutierrez, Enrique and Guthrie as our best players, and Nolan as our worst. Well I'll be....

Aye, better than 90% of professional pundits and journalists.

Guest palnese

Ryan_BCFC -"The only problem is he goes down too easy.

Good player tho"

cheese -"Unlike my missus!"

;D ;D

I hope he has a different celebration to the mask one . Maybe rip open his shirt to uncover a spider man outfit underneath.

I'd prefer it if in thel last minute of the game we are level, with him near our goal, the ball goes forward, and he sprays a web out which sticks to the other goal, flies to the other goal on his web and scores our winner.

*ring ring*

*ring ring*

"Hello?"

"Yes I will just get him, Jonas"

Jonas - "who is it?"

"It's first few months of the season, they want their punch yourself in the face with frustration performances back"

I have had to retract my early season comments recently but today he was fucking awful. Reverted back to his running into dead ends, touch of a rapist, chuck himself on the floor at every opportunity self tonight.

I desperately hope tonight was just a blip but at times he looked like someone who was quite quick but had never played football in his entire life.

will he be up to it next season?

Guest malandro

Should have switched wings with Routledge after Perch got the better of him time and again.

NF played him well. Doubled up without getting too tight, made it hard for him to drive inside. They’d probably have done the same if he’d swapped wings. He’s been a big player for us this season, hard to tell how he’ll fair back in the PL.

Guest Heneage

Should have switched wings with Routledge after Perch got the better of him time and again.

NF played him well. Doubled up without getting too tight, made it hard for him to drive inside. They’d probably have done the same if he’d swapped wings. He’s been a big player for us this season, hard to tell how he’ll fair back in the PL.

The fact Forest played 4-5-1 helped them to double up, I can't see many teams next year coming here with 4-5-1.

Guest neesy111

soo frustrating last night, the amount of times he went into a blind alley when he could of passed it

Talking about frustrating...

ahhh

Guest malandro

The fact Forest played 4-5-1 helped them to double up, I can't see many teams next year coming here with 4-5-1.

Just every team in the bottom half of the table?

08/09 was a shitty season for Jonas and Sideshow to settle into English football. A year in the lower leagues has done wonders for their confidence and I’m excepting them to do OK next season, but I can’t see them being the star turns they have been this time round.

JONÁS Gutiérrez knows there will be plenty of changes this summer as Newcastle strengthen the squad for a Premier League return – but the Argentina international does not want to go anywhere.

Gutiérrez has been one of Newcastle’s star performers in the Championship and, having rejected the chance to leave last summer, there is no way he wants to depart now the Tynesiders are back in the top flight.

The 26-year-old (pictured right) did well enough in the Premier League in his first season in English football, but that first foray ended in disappointment and relegation and, with his family happy and settled in Newcastle, Gutiérrez is looking forward to the challenge of re-establishing the Magpies in the top flight.

He said: “I want to stay. My family is happy in Newcastle and that is very important for me. You never know what is going to happen in football, when we went down I said I never wanted to leave and that has not changed.

“I want to play for Newcastle United in the Premier League for the next few years. I know José (Enrique) has said he wants to play here for the rest of his career, but it is a little different for me because my home is in Argentina, not Spain, so it’s easier for him.

“I don’t know how long I’m going to be playing in Europe but if I can, I’d like to play for a lot of years here at Newcastle. I love this club.”

The former Real Mallorca winger is anticipating a busy summer of transfer activity, even though the promotion party is still in full swing on Tyneside with five games left this season. Chris Hughton is likely to have around £25m to spend in the summer with the club’s income increased by an estimated £50m on their return to the top flight.

However, owner Mike Ashley is not going to fund anything too extravagant in the transfer market as he has already pumped in £25m of his own money this season to cover losses of £500,000-a-week in the Championship.

“It’s going to be an interesting summer because there will be changes,” said Gutiérrez, who has survived whatever rough treatment has come his way from desperate Championship defenders.

“We have the time to make sure we prepare properly for next season. We have gone up with five games to go and I’m sure the manager and the owner will talk

about what needs to be done in the summer. Some players will leave, some will come in; the important thing is we have time to prepare and make sure the right decisions are made.”