http://i31.tinypic.com/28qu346.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/2nl9r1e.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/16b0owx.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/11mfb7a.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/sq3zgx.jpg

http://i31.tinypic.com/2je90rt.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/2mfx9v6.jpg

"Milner reminds me of a slightly better Keith Gillespie"

he may be more of a professional than gillespie but he lacks most of gillespies atacking flair going forward.

only game i recall milner from, was in scoring the second against man utd, in a 2-2 draw on new years day in 2007 i think it was. Was a quality goal.

AM sure there are more, but hey arent springing to mind right now...

Has anybody mentioned how Milner was being greedy in demanding a pay-rise yet his performances had not reflected this?

There were others around him putting in far worse performances yet probably earning a lot more, so can you really blame him for wanting to be paid on a par with the rest of his team mates?

I'd rather Jonas was loaned out rather than sold tbh. It would get him off the pay role for the season and if we went up we'd have the choice/chance to keep him. I think he is capable of offering a lot more than he did last season in a decent environment.

Newcastle winger Jonas Gutierrez is set for a move to Roma but, while the Italian club want him on loan, the Magpies want to get back the £5.2m they paid for the Argentine.

Full story: Daily Mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/08/spider-legs-it-to-rome-115875-21503303/

People need to fuck off with all this loan crap. Pay up or jog on.

Very naive to think other Clubs wont swoop like vultures.

Newcastle winger Jonas Gutierrez is set for a move to Roma but, while the Italian club want him on loan, the Magpies want to get back the £5.2m they paid for the Argentine.

Full story: Daily Mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/08/spider-legs-it-to-rome-115875-21503303/

People need to fuck off with all this loan crap. Pay up or jog on.

Very naive to think other Clubs wont swoop like vultures.

I think they'll do exactly that... doesn't mean I wan't them to though does it.

I'd rather Jonas was loaned out rather than sold tbh. It would get him off the pay role for the season and if we went up we'd have the choice/chance to keep him. I think he is capable of offering a lot more than he did last season in a decent environment.

He's shite mate. You heard it here first.

I'm sure I heard it about 45 pages back tbh.

Has anybody mentioned how Milner was being greedy in demanding a pay-rise yet his performances had not reflected this?

Has anybody mentioned how Milner would still have been on half what Gutierrez gets even if he'd received the pay rise he was promised when he signed a contract extension in good faith when Ashley took over.

Has anybody mentioned how Milner would still have been on half what Gutierrez gets even if he'd received the pay rise he was promised when he signed a contract extension in good faith when Ashley took over.

Nope, nobody has mentioned that.

Probably because, in the absense of proof, it sounds distinctly like bullshit.

There were others around him putting in far worse performances yet probably earning a lot more, so can you really blame him for wanting to be paid on a par with the rest of his team mates?

Iirc he only signed an extension the year before and had done fuck all to merit a rise. Just because others were earning ridiculous wages shouldn't mean he should, as that's what many people on here defended this board for, for trying to bring the wage structure under control (which was a load of shit) so it can't be had both ways.

Iirc he only signed an extension the year before and had done fuck all to merit a rise. Just because others were earning ridiculous wages shouldn't mean he should, as that's what many people on here defended this board for, for trying to bring the wage structure under control (which was a load of shit) so it can't be had both ways.

I'm not saying he should have been earning rediculous wages, but what I am saying is that I can understand a person (in any job) wanting a pay that is on par with other colleagues ultimately doing the same job.

I agree on that definitely as it is basic human nature. Still think selling him on the basis of the money being invested where we needed it was the right thing to do, as that fee was ridiculous for an average winger who most of us felt if he had any future with us he needed to be played centrally. Shame that the money was never invested correctly and we lost a player whose versatility could have helped us out a lot last season. So in hindsight if we knew the money wasn't going to be spent I would have kept him. But as I said in hindsight, as it is a wonderful thing.

Iirc he only signed an extension the year before and had done f*** all to merit a rise. Just because others were earning ridiculous wages shouldn't mean he should, as that's what many people on here defended this board for, for trying to bring the wage structure under control (which was a load of s***) so it can't be had both ways.

I'm not saying he should have been earning rediculous wages, but what I am saying is that I can understand a person (in any job) wanting a pay that is on par with other colleagues ultimately doing the same job.

when they admit that their pay should be cut or they should be sacked for shit performances then footballers may have an argument for pay rises within their contract.

On the subject of Milner, did Aston Villa's results improve after his signing? On the whole I think they were doing better before he arrived and I'm still not convinced it will turn out to be a good signing for Villa at £12m.

On the subject of Milner, did Aston Villa's results improve after his signing? On the whole I think they were doing better before he arrived and I'm still not convinced it will turn out to be a good signing for Villa at £12m.

nufc went backwards after signing shearer...should that be a guide as to the player ?

nufc went backwards after signing shearer...should that be a guide as to the player ?

It could be a guide yes, along with other factors obviously. That's the reason I mentioned Milner's fee, obviously if Villa had paid £4m Villa would have got a good value player.

I'm sure I heard it about 45 pages back tbh.

Rather have Milner.

• 4 weeks later...

Receives ball, runs, runs, runs, loses it.

Pointless really, ok it might keep the ball out of our half for 10 seconds but it completely wastes any attacking threat we might have. Dyer didn't have end product but at least his runs would end up in him playing a simple pass and us retaining possesion. The only time we seem to retain the ball with Jonas is when one of our players has to literally take it off his foot.

Receives ball, runs, runs, runs, loses it.

Pointless really, ok it might keep the ball out of our half for 10 seconds but it completely wastes any attacking threat we might have. Dyer didn't have end product but at least his runs would end up in him playing a simple pass and us retaining possesion. The only time we seem to retain the ball with Jonas is when one of our players has to literally take it off his foot.

Well its different, when Dyer played we had movement, now, and im not defending Jonas because he actually was shit but no one up top moves, he cant pass with no movement. He at least tries but is getting frustrated and won't produce in this team, we might as well sell him for 5 mil or something cause hes not gonna break it in this league!

Lualua and Vukcevic might do better, and Barton ahs to start.