Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

Do we have a better option for LW? No!

Does everyone know he doesn't put the ball in the box? Yes!

Is there any point to keep slagging him off over it knowing we don't have a replacement? No!

Do some people just love whining? Apparently.

We're not allowed to complain if we don't have any better options? f*** me, Shola's our best striker but you'd better believe I'll be complaining if that's still the case at the start of a Premier League season.

I'll also be complaining if Shola's starting for us in the Prem next season cause i think he's quite cack actually. I won't constantly go over his shortcomings if we have no better options though for fear i'll sound like some tired old bint with nothing to do but nag.

With Jonas, we know what he doesn't do and i can't see him changing. However, faced with the option of Nicky Butt or Keving Nolan playing LW, i'd go with Jonas and accept he's better the the CURRENT alternatives.

Savvy?

Is there any point to keep slagging him off over it knowing we don't have a replacement? No!

We're not allowed to complain if we don't have any better options? f*** me, Shola's our best striker but you'd better believe I'll be complaining if that's still the case at the start of a Premier League season.

I'll also be complaining if Shola's starting for us in the Prem next season cause i think he's quite cack actually. I won't constantly go over his shortcomings if we have no better options though for fear i'll sound like some tired old bint with nothing to do but nag.

With Jonas, we know what he doesn't do and i can't see him changing. However, faced with the option of Nicky Butt or Keving Nolan playing LW, i'd go with Jonas and accept he's better the the CURRENT alternatives.

Savvy?

Yeah, fair enough. I think you've missed the point of an internet forum though in that it's essentially an outlet for whinging and/or argumentative cunts like me :laugh:

Savvy?

Yeah, fair enough. I think you've missed the point of an internet forum though in that it's essentially an outlet for whinging and/or argumentative c***s like me :laugh:

I can be like that too tbh! Just feeling particularly superior and magnanimous today, like :)

Must say though, if we're promoted, i'd be a lot moodier if Shola's still here instead of Jonas.

Jonas is our best player end of story.

I kind of agree, on the 'to replace' list Jonas would be right down the bottom, surely. Other than Enrique who I believe is definitely good enough for the Prem.

Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan have offered us far more this season though. Funny old game.

What is it with the whole jonas love in that i just dont get

the guy cant shoot cross pass or score

as the previous poster said nolan and ryan taylor have even offered us up way more in terms of end product than jonas has...the guy is shite plays like he is pissed, constantly falling over and losing balance

for an attacking wide player his end product is just abysmal

Thing is, you could equally say that any number of our other players can't cross, pass, or score. And another load of them can't even run.

I know Jonas doesn't get assists or goals, but I still think what he gives to the team with energy and keeping the pressure on the opposition makes up for that.

Yes, Nolan as contributed so far, but that's the exception for him, not the norm.

Thing is, you could equally say that any number of our other players can't cross, pass, or score. And another load of them can't even run.

I know Jonas doesn't get assists or goals, but I still think what he gives to the team with energy and keeping the pressure on the opposition makes up for that.

Yes, Nolan as contributed so far, but that's the exception for him, not the norm.

I'd rather judge players on how they're doing at the moment rather than how they did last season. It's the only reason I'm looking forward to Ameobi coming back.

At the moment, Jonas is only one of our best players because we've got so much shite (Butt, mainly) in the team.

Jonas's key attribute is taking pressure off the defence by being able to hold on to and carry the ball without losing it for significantly longer than any of our other midfielders. Relieving pressure on the defence this way means they're less open to scrutiny and more likely to perform well, and this justifys his place in the team. His contribution in the final third is negligable.

Jonas's key attribute is taking pressure off the defence by being able to hold on to and carry the ball without losing it for significantly longer than any of our other midfielders. Relieving pressure on the defence this way means they're less open to scrutiny and more likely to perform well, and this justifys his place in the team. His contribution in the final third is negligable.

totally different player when playing for argentina.

call me old fashioned, but i think the best way to help your defence, is to put the ball in the other teams net.

Jonas is our best player end of story.

I kind of agree, on the 'to replace' list Jonas would be right down the bottom, surely. Other than Enrique who I believe is definitely good enough for the Prem.

Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan have offered us far more this season though. Funny old game.

With our current long ball tactics they are going to be a mile better suited to our purpose than Jonas. In fact I would suggest if this is the style which we are going to use to get us promoted then we should try and get another left wing version of Ryan Taylor to replace Jonas. Wing the ball in from either side for the big lads to fight for and Nolan can pick up the scraps.

Out of all the players left Jonas looks the most like the one who's not up for the challenge of getting us promoted.  Pretty sure he'll be off in January.

Pretty much this. At least last season when he wasn't being productive his work rate at times was decent, non existent today.