Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

he can keep possession and take the pressure off which is his his only asset to the team, theres no one else in our squad bar maybe Ranger and Enrique that can do this so he needs to be in the team for that reason alone.

I think Alan Smith will score a goal before Jonas.

Because there's no one else or because you think he brings something to the side?

Who else is there to play on the left? Lovenkrands? Nicky Butt? Nolan? Jonas has been pretty crap but the alternatives are worse and that's the only reason he's still starting.

Lua Lua is nowhere near ready to playt in the 1st team, Loven has no interest at all of playing on the wing. Jonas is fkn frustrating and seemed to be asleep for most of the game BUT there is always a chance that he may just have a hand in somehting a chance that mayvbe him winning a freekick of him comiting the fullbacks can get us an effort on goal.

he may not be brilliant BUT he is the best we have got for that position.

He looks ridiculously tense when he plays, not relaxed whatsoever, he just snatches at any crossing or shooting opportunity, so it's no wonder he looks crap when the key to striking a ball is to be relaxed. I thought he played well in the second half, looked really dangerous, especially when he picked up the ball and ran at the defence through the middle on a couple of occasions. He just looks a totally different player to the one that played for Mallorca and Argentina (where he actually delivered and still delivers good crosses), he's just one of those players that when it comes, he'll be good but the hard bit is getting there

He looks ridiculously tense when he plays, not relaxed whatsoever, he just snatches at any crossing or shooting opportunity, so it's no wonder he looks crap when the key to striking a ball is to be relaxed. I thought he played well in the second half, looked really dangerous, especially when he picked up the ball and ran at the defence through the middle on a couple of occasions. He just looks a totally different player to the one that played for Mallorca and Argentina (where he actually delivered and still delivers good crosses), he's just one of those players that when it comes, he'll be good but the hard bit is getting there

This.

He should be tearing this league a new one. When you see plodders like Whittingham and Nolan scoring goals for fun from midfield, even if not offering anything on that front he should be doing a helluva lot more with his dribbling etc.

difference is nolan has a track record of scoring from midfield through his career jonas does not and its obvious why after yesterday

He must have a few mixed wires up there or something.

He cannot cross or pass a ball until he has gone round a man, it always happens. It's like "Hmm, there's Smithy looking for a pass, but there's the fullback. Let's go round him" and 9 times outta 10 he gives it away.

When he should shoot he tries to pass, when he should pass he tries to shoot.

Frustrating as fuck.

Guest toonlass

Did anyone else see when he got a pass to him, and he hadn't been paying any attention to what was happening and nearly shit himself when he realised the ball was coming his way. Hasn't realised there is no I in team yet.

Reminds me of Luque. Actually Luque was better.

Guest Heneage

I think much like Ranger when his first goal comes he will be a lot more relaxed in front of goal, it's much like Crouch at Liverpool the longer you go without a goal the more it's on your mind.

Getting that goal hasn't seemed to have opened the floodgates for him in the past.

I wouldn't say he helps us keep the ball either, every time he gets it I shit myself he will give it straight back to them and 9/10 times my fears are justified.

Unfortunately we don't have many other options.

Reminds me of Luque. Actually Luque was better.

I don't see how he reminds you of Luque. They play nothing like each other.

He still gets way too much stick on here, he played alright yesterday, got better as the game went on like most of our players.

People need to make their minds up as well.  If you think he's **** then don't be surprised when he is '****' but I think the reason he gets so much stick is because every knows he's a top player on his day.  He put in some good crosses yesterday (one for Carroll's header I think?  Which should've been a goal), made some decent tackles and beat his man a fair few times, not to mention the fact that only he and Guthrie, of our attacking players, have any vision and so can switch play quite well.

He was a bit lazy at the start but no worse than other player, as I say, I just think people have set higher standards for him.