Rumours of yet more Keegan & Ashley talks to come...

Nicky

Has Ashley actually accepted any resignation in the first place. For all we know he's rejected it and they're trying to thrash out a new regime

I had those thoughts when odds started dropping this afternoon but looking through the statements on the official site leaves you in no doubt that someone at the club was happy to let him go at the time. Thing is Ashley was out the country then wasn't he?

KK is STILL NUFC manager

Please don't post anything as definitive as that without a source. I'm sure there is at least one poster on here with a heart condition.

If KK has met Ashley in London and the media have wind of it, it is from a club source. A meeting between the 2 would not take place unless his reappointment was on the agenda. They would have nothing civilised to talk about

KK i believe, is our manager

I tend to agree, but don't post it as if it's breaking news, which was how it looked.

Guest optimistic nit

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/12/kevin-keegan-meets-with-mike-ashley-in-london-72703-21808294/

KEVIN Keegan has met Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley in London tonight for crisis talks about the club's future.

In an amazing twist to the Toon crisis Keegan was reinstalled by bookmakers as favourite to become the next manager of Newcastle.

United were believed to have drawn up a shortlist of three contenders for the job with Didier Deschamps, Paul Ince and Gus Poyet in the running for the hotseat at St James's Park.

Meanwhile skipper Micheal Owen said: "Whatever the events off the field - all of the players are proper professionals.

"And we have to continue to do our jobs and get results, pull together and do our best."

See tomorrow's Chronicle for the full story.

Clearist indication yet that Owen is angling for the man who bought him to be the next boss. ;)

saying that has to be a bannable offense :kasper:

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Can everyone PLEASE stop quoting the bookies as though they know owt? When this news came out, loads of people placed bets, and so the odds go down. It really is that simple.

If I went and whacked £10k on Ince his odds would drop like f*** too.

To be fair, William Hills have been shortening their odds all afternoon after having large bets from Glasgow, Newcastle & London backing KK.

Source?

http://www.williamhillmedia.com/index_template.asp?file=10787

Someone ring Graham Sharpe!

Guest marky555

Only at the Toon. This is crazy stuff but who else could do this job. How amazing would it be if Keegan leads the team out tomorrow.

Would lose some respect for KK if he did.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/12/kevin-keegan-meets-with-mike-ashley-in-london-72703-21808294/

KEVIN Keegan has met Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley in London tonight for crisis talks about the club's future.

In an amazing twist to the Toon crisis Keegan was reinstalled by bookmakers as favourite to become the next manager of Newcastle.

United were believed to have drawn up a shortlist of three contenders for the job with Didier Deschamps, Paul Ince and Gus Poyet in the running for the hotseat at St James's Park.

Meanwhile skipper Micheal Owen said: "Whatever the events off the field - all of the players are proper professionals.

"And we have to continue to do our jobs and get results, pull together and do our best."

See tomorrow's Chronicle for the full story.

Clearist indication yet that Owen is angling for the man who bought him to be the next boss. ;)

saying that has to be a bannable offense :kasper:

I couldn't agree with you more, I almost threw up there.

Can everyone PLEASE stop quoting the bookies as though they know owt? When this news came out, loads of people placed bets, and so the odds go down. It really is that simple.

If I went and whacked £10k on Ince his odds would drop like f*** too.

To be fair, William Hills have been shortening their odds all afternoon after having large bets from Glasgow, Newcastle & London backing KK.

aye, the Glasgow bets are a massive indication that he is coming back.

How the fuck do you work that out then?

KK lives near Glasgow, and it was from there that significant bets were placed on his appointment in January.

Glaswegians in gambling to excess shocker.

Guest sicko2ndbest

KK is STILL NUFC manager

Please don't post anything as definitive as that without a source. I'm sure there is at least one poster on here with a heart condition.

If KK has met Ashley in London and the media have wind of it, it is from a club source. A meeting between the 2 would not take place unless his reappointment was on the agenda. They would have nothing civilised to talk about

KK i believe, is our manager

I tend to agree, but don't post it as if it's breaking news, which was how it looked.

I take your point BUT i didnt post OFFICIAL: ......................., I simply posted a viewpoint

My bad if it was misleading

Only at the Toon. This is crazy stuff but who else could do this job. How amazing would it be if Keegan leads the team out tomorrow.

Why if he loves the club?

3rd time lucky I say.

it will be 4th time

3rd time lucky I say.

it will be 4th time

3rd as Manager numb nuts

3rd time lucky I say.

it will be 4th time

3rd as Manager numb nuts

4th because he walked out after a few weeks 1st time as manager. ;)

why would keegan leave out the back door?

Because it's hardly very subtle if they both walked out of the front door. They might as well have had the meeting at lunchtime on the Millennium Bridge

3rd time lucky I say.

it will be 4th time

3rd time as manager, hopefully  :celb:

Guest lincolnshire geordie

why would keegan leave out the back door?

It can be done in Toon way, he could go to the game in disguise and be unveiled before kick off. Dennis Wise to be the new tea boy