Rumours of yet more Keegan & Ashley talks to come...

Nicky

kind of off topic, but why the hell did they meetin late afternoon/evening? Wouldnt you think they'd arrange this for morning time?

Maybe the meeting room was booked all day and this was the only openning. I know I have that problem all the time here.

How s*** is it gonna feel when nothing happens with this. :(

Come on, you just know it's f*** all.

Dave just stop it will ya, you called me a miserable bastard all summer now the shoe's on the other foot.

This isn't a time for common sense it's a time for disillusioned, baseless, hope dashing euphoria. Get with the program :)

Can't deny he wasn't right?  O0

OK, I go away from this board for an hour and I come back to a ten page thread about Keegan meeting Ashley.  I'm beginning to think this entire episode is some kind of bizarre dream sequence and I'm going to wake up in the morning to find Kevin Keegan coming out of the shower having never resigned.

why would kevin keegan be in your shower?  :kasper:

kind of off topic, but why the hell did they meetin late afternoon/evening? Wouldnt you think they'd arrange this for morning time?

Maybe the meeting room was booked all day and this was the only openning. I know I have that problem all the time here.

:lol:

Why does everyone think that a club insider has leaked the meeting, everywhere in London will have moles texting sports journalists and so on, of to who is going in their restaurants/hotels

Just a hotel employee could leak this, it's not like they're Mafia.

Now that I'm over the elation of all this I have to say that if Ashley took him back, it would be a sign of indecisive management. This can only be a precursor to a sale if it's true.

Why does everyone think that a club insider has leaked the meeting, everywhere in London will have moles texting sports journalists and so on, of to who is going in their restaurants/hotels

Thats what i meant

IF KK did return, Lambias must be out the door, maybe Wise aswell.

IF this is true clearly its been a case of if you want something doing do it yourself for Ashley, I think he probably thought would come to a comprimise with Keegan without him having to come back from the States.

I think Lammy babes will have to go.

Now that I'm over the elation of all this I have to say that if Ashley took him back, it would be a sign of indecisive management. This can only be a precursor to a sale if it's true.

How? Keegan walked out, he wasn't sacked.

Its so Ashly can say he tried his best to sort it out and bring KK back, he knows what Keegan wants and Keegan knows what the club propose, I think the only thing we will be told from this meeting is "Both Newcastle United and Kevin Keegan have agreed that it will be in the best interests of the club if Kevin does not return as manager".

How what?

Thats what i meant

So you did, still holding my chest due to the tension, comprehension is playing second fiddle.

Let's face it, it would be dull to support a stable club...

Guest optimistic nit

Dave just stop it will ya, you called me a miserable bastard all summer now the shoe's on the other foot.

This isn't a time for common sense it's a time for disillusioned, baseless, hope dashing euphoria. Get with the program :)

:bounce:

This can't be serious. What player is going to commit themselves to a club where the manager / owner relationship is clearly so changeable.

The same type of players that came the last time KK left and was brought back.

How what?

How would it be a sign of indecisive management?

Best scenario is Ashley to sack Llambias and Pingpong and have a big investor waiting in the wings also to announce with KK

God I was downstairs watching TV feeling really down and now a glimmer of hope!  Even if it's a long shot i'll ride it for all it's worth!

News of the meeting was leaked by a club source. There's no way they would want attention on the meeting unless there's a good chance KK's coming back, or at least we will be pulling out all the stops to make it happen.

how do you know it was a club source?

The story broke on SSN, and David Craig claimed that his sources had extremely reliable contacts from within the club.

:kasper: This is crazy

Sometimes I long to be following a 'normal' club, where not much happens out of the ordinary from day to day.

Other times I'm not so sure if that's what I really want.

It would be rubbish to support someone like Middlesbrough or Reading were nothing ever happens.