Who should compromise? KK or Ashley?

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As the question states. On the one hand we have Keegan, should he see how much he means to the fans and give in and come back, to make his final go at things? Just work within the structure and get used to it? Or maybe Ashley should compromise and get rid of his structure, get rid of Wise and Co. At the end of the day results mean everything and KK was starting to deliver results and entertainment. Should Ashley scrap HIS plans for HIS football club for Keegan? Can Ashley ignore the backlash from fans and get a new man, who lets face it, would be under IMMENSE pressure from the get go. At this point in time Keegan coming back seems like the dream outcome, someone has to give up their plans to reach an agreement, but who should?

IMO Ashley has to, Keegan was giving us what we wanted on the pitch, and should he have control over transfer, I and im sure many other fans see us moving forward. Which would of course help Ashley, perhaps he is too inexperienced with football to realise that though and just sees his structure as the only way forward?

God knows where we go from here :undecided:

I'm generally a fan of the recruitment policy and have always felt that it could work with a certain man in charge (a coach, a tactician, not a 'manager')... but if its between Keegan or Wise then it's Keegan every time for me. I have faith in that man more than anyone who has ever been at the club tbh, in whatever department - be it boardroom, medical room, on the pitch, in the dugout; Keegan is the man.

Ashley to compromise.

EDIT: But the thing is...

I think that should be the end of it now.

... aye, i think that pretty much is it done and dusted with KK now. Time to draw the line. We're not getting bought out and we're not getting Keegan; let's try and make this structure work, somewhat reluctantly admittedly. :undecided:

Guest Brummiemag

Ashley should get rid of Wise and reappoint Keegan, giving him full control of transfers. Unlikely  but thats what I would like to happen!

Sad as it is to say, thats if for Kevin now.

I dont know what to make of Ashley really but the only thing I can think of to place him above any new owner, is that I hope he is at home now thinking, "I owe it to the fans, my staff and myself, to show that I can make this club a success".

If there was ever going to be a compromise, they both have to give a little. You cant having 1 getting all their own way. It would never sit well with the other and it would be a ticking time bomb.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't think there is nothing Ashley can do now to bring KK back. Too late now. Ashley needed to speak to KK in person when this all boiled up and discuss things over then. By not doing so it probably confounded KK's feelings about working for him. He obviously doesn't value him that much. KK isn't daft either. If this meeting was about getting him back, KK will have been suspicious of the motives because the backlash coming Ashley's way will be unprecedented in this club's history. I now think its time to accept KK is history, he ain't coming back, not under Ashley or any other owner and I say that because a new owner would be mad to take him on. A fresh start is needed, a new manager and a new owner.

I don't think there is nothing Ashley can do now to bring KK back. Too late now. Ashley needed to speak to KK in person when this all boiled up and discuss things over then. By not doing so it probably confounded KK's feelings about working for him. He obviously doesn't value him that much. KK isn't daft either. If this meeting was about getting him back, KK will have been suspicious of the motives because the backlash coming Ashley's way will be unprecedented in this club's history. I now think its time to accept KK is history, he ain't coming back, not under Ashley or any other owner and I say that because a new owner would be mad to take him on. A fresh start is needed, a new manager and a new owner.

Yup bang on. Ashley waited to long I am afraid.

A new manager can be appointed. A new owner can't, he has to want in badly enough. We can't protest or demand a new owner in

Please be aware of that.

Tell that to the thousands who will kick-off tomorrow.

I hope you're right. If thousands kicking off will lead to a new owner buying out Ashley and the new owner pumps in millions, it will all have been worthwhile.

I'm one of few who think Keegan should compromise, after all it is "his club" we all look up to him not Ashley, and to leave in the manner he did whatever the reason is really disappointing to me, to be fair he could've just publicly say that he's not the one signing players and that Ashley's team is giving him unwanted players, then at least he would've won the fans over Ashley and his team without fucking us up.

Neither IMO.

If both believe in their approach which im sure they do they have to stick with it.

Keegan compromises - we dont see the Keegan we all know and love.

Ashley compromises - he is KK's bitch for the future and looks weak.

We need to move on and find someone who will fit into the system we want.

Does this whole thing just come down to the fact that the club werent prepared to actually give Keegan total control over who comes in or out of the club ?

I am trying to get my head around the thought of Keegan actually wanting Wise out as apposed to just saying "if he interfere's again he is out".

Be a bit disappointed if Kevin couldnt work to the structure if he was given the power that he wanted.