The Weekend's Other Matches

Guest quklaani

I was watching St Mirren play away at Hamilton on Saturday. There was a hilarious few minutes in 1st half stoppage time. The game kicked-off slightly late, and the sprinklers were timed to come on at half time. With half time being overdue, the sprinklers burst into action as the game was still going on. The funniest bit was when the Hamilton keeper, while running backwards towards goal, tripped over one of them, fell over and got soaked.

Never seen owt like it.

It was a bit of a "Question of Sport," what happened next?

2-1 to St Mirren by the way. :celb:

Oh and the ref was the worst excuse of a ref iv'e ever seen.

I agree. That goal he gave you was way offside.

It came of a stoke player though. Maybe im getting the rules all wrong.

The initial through ball (which had two Spurs players offside) didn't.

what initial ball? hutton passed the ball which was deflected into Bents path by a stoke city player. No offside.

Mate it was definately an offside. Replays show that two Spurs players were in an offside position before Hutton made the pass. Both players were interfering with play because they were in the box and involved with the oppositions' goalkeeper.

A player is in an offside position if they are closer to the oppositions' goal line than both the ball and the second last defender (with the goalkeeper being classed as a defender). A player can be penalised for being offside if deemed to be involved with play when the ball travels forward, which both players were.

Not trying to talk down to you or anything, just thought I'd clear up exactly why it was an offside.

70' Zenit St. Petersburg [0 - 1] BATE Borisov

52' [0 - 1] P. Niakhaichyk

Get in Batty! Got to love the Borisov.

I'm 100% behind Cluj this season, fantastic achievement by them, impressive rise from the lower leagues.

70' Zenit St. Petersburg [0 - 1] BATE Borisov

52' [0 - 1] P. Niakhaichyk

Get in Batty! Got to love the Borisov.

I'm 100% behind Cluj this season, fantastic achievement by them, impressive rise from the lower leagues.

As much as I like minnows, I'm considering never betting again. Getting beyond a joke now!