Would you want Keegan back now?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would imagine the 8m is the worth of the contract both parties signed - heaven forbid he takes a stand based on normal employment law - what a twat eh?

But why would he want to pursue the claim if the club under new owners were looking to re-instate him? it's hardly an encouraging sign from their point of view is it?

I would imagine the 8m is the worth of the contract both parties signed - heaven forbid he takes a stand based on normal employment law - what a twat eh?

But why would he want to pursue the claim if the club under new owners were looking to re-instate him? it's hardly an encouraging sign from their point of view is it?

It's speculation at the moment - I'd imagine if new owners did want to appoint him then the claim would be subject to negotiations which is fair enough.

At the moment though with either an extended period with Ashley as owner or new owners who want someoone else, I don't see why he should or would drop it.

So after the Hull game the poll results were:

Yes - 173 (63.8%)

No - 98 (36.2%)

Total Voters: 271

I've reset it after today's suggestions of potential new owners bringing Keegan back. Has your opinion changed?

Interesting to see feelings haven't really changed.

Yes - 180 (62.1%)

No - 110 (37.9%)

Total Voters: 290

However, Keegan?s ongoing £8million legal action against his employers for constructive dismissal is complicating a return.

Keegan will not drop the action and any new owners do not want the problem hanging round their necks once they take over.

Eight million!

Give over, thats only 16,000 season tickets, peanuts for what he did for this club this year.

I'd be embarrassed if i was Keegan and came back after this debacle.

So would I, £8 million ffs. :lol:

You really wonder what those behind the scenes, who are more in the know, are actually saying about this in private.

A bloke stays away from his usual line of work for 3 years, and runs his own business. That business runs into a bit of trouble, and he then accepts a job back in his usual profession, under conditions that he wouldn't usually accept. After 8 months of intermittent trouble, he storms out, claiming he's been sacked and refusing all attempts at reconciliation. He's then into his employers for £8 million compensation.

Would such a person normally be hailed as a great man of principle?

Interesting thought, Bob.

I'm sure his fans won't see the obvious and insist poor king Kev has been done over by the Cockney mafia..

Guest johnson293

However, Keegan?s ongoing £8million legal action against his employers for constructive dismissal is complicating a return.

Keegan will not drop the action and any new owners do not want the problem hanging round their necks once they take over.

Eight million!

Give over, thats only 16,000 season tickets, peanuts for what he did for this club this year.

You really wonder what those behind the scenes, who are more in the know, are actually saying about this in private.

A bloke stays away from his usual line of work for 3 years, and runs his own business. That business runs into a bit of trouble, and he then accepts a job back in his usual profession, under conditions that he wouldn't usually accept. After 8 months of intermittent trouble, he storms out, claiming he's been sacked and refusing all attempts at reconciliation. He's then into his employers for £8 million compensation.

I'm sure his fans won't see the obvious and insist poor king Kev has been done over by the Cockney mafia..

The £8million compensation thing is bollocks though (which I know 100% for sure).

I thought it was reported at the inital split, that the contract said if he was sacked he got £2m, but if he walked, he had ti pay the club £2m?

How has it supposedly suddenly got to £8m??

Eight million!

The £8million compensation thing is bollocks though (which I know 100% for sure).

I thought it was reported at the inital split, that the contract said if he was sacked he got £2m, but if he walked, he had ti pay the club £2m?

The £8 million is loss of earnings over the rest of his contract, he's pushing for this so he doesn't have to pay £2 million for resigning.

Eight million!

The £8 million is loss of earnings over the rest of his contract, he's pushing for this so he doesn't have to pay £2 million for resigning.

:thdn:

Don't speculate on stuff you don't know about mate.

:lol: Hypocrite.

Eight million!

Funny how you've never mentioned this before, yet now Keegan is taking a bashing you suddenly know all about it. :lol:

Eight million!

:lol: Hypocrite.

How am I being a hypocrite for knowing for a fact that this £8million figure (or the £2million one for that matter) is not true.

Because you speculate about football related matters on here all the time and clearly know nowt about them ;)

Plus i reckon you're talking out of your arse and will continue to believe that until you turn around and say "i'm a member of the legal team and cant disclose any details but i know from my professional work that the rumour is a lie".

Well if it's alright with Hindu, I'll keep debating what it says in the papers as they've been right about the situation all along and pass on his second hand ITK info which may or may not be true.

The more this goes on, the more I definitely don't want Keegan back. The idea that the whole club is so completely in thrall to one temperamental, volatile man is frankly appalling.

ironically for years everyone was saying we had to get the shadow of shearer of our backs and when all comes to all it wasn't him that was the problem.

The more this goes on, the more I definitely don't want Keegan back. The idea that the whole club is so completely in thrall to one temperamental, volatile man is frankly appalling.

ironically for years everyone was saying we had to get the shadow of shearer of our backs and when all comes to all it wasn't him that was the problem.

On the pitch you can afford to have one Shearer. You just can't have five or six.

Meanwhile, Kevin Keegan will return to Toon as manager only if he is guaranteed complete control of football matters. Keegan has so far met just one consortium interested in taking over at St James’ Park and was tentatively offered the director of football role.

But the former Toon boss revealed he would have no interest in assuming the kind of position Dennis Wise has held at the club with such controversial results.

Keegan wants assurances put in place for fear of a repeat of his time under Ashley’s regime. The Toon legend was hamstrung in terms of player recruitment and saw his power diluted throughout his turbulent eightmonth reign.

Keegan is still embroiled in a fight for compensation with owner Ashley over his exit last month.

And that legal fight with Ashley could hinder any comeback as Keegan, who believes he has unfinished business at the club, pursues the £2million he believes he is still owed.

If Ashley can sell the club, then Keegan’s compensation claim would be passed to whoever has assumed control.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/article38881.ece

Newcastle stars are convinced that Kevin Keegan’s return is imminent.

Spirits in the St James’ Park dressing room soared on Thursday when Keegan, who walked out last month, turned up at a charity golf event hosted by Magpies keeper Steve Harper.

Keegan spoke privately to several senior players intimating that moves are afoot on two fronts to secure his return to the ground where he is worshipped as a folk hero.

It was the first chance Keegan had to explain the reasons for his departure. He left them in no doubt that he could be back as early as next month.

A club insider said: “Kevin spent a lot of the golf day on his phone clearly talking to people interested in bringing him back to Newcastle.

When asked in public about the chances of a return he just winked and said, ‘Watch this space’.

“But privately he told some senior players things were happening that could secure his return.”

Investment bankers Seymour Pierce have sent takeover details to seven interested parties. They hold talks with serious potential buyers this week.

The outcome of those talks will decide Keegan’s fate. The source added: “Kevin knows there are a lot of obstacles to overcome, not least his impending legal battle with Newcastle over his departure and he has to establish the credibility of some of the people claiming they want him back.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/10/04/retoon-of-king-kev-115875-20773949/