Would you want Keegan back now?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No never.

Lets all move on, KK had his day, he took us as far as he could. And remember this was bloody years ago,  things have moved on, especially the Premiership.  I dont believe Keegan could play the same we'll score more than you football anymore, couldnt pick an unknown player and bring them through.  And really would you wanna be on tender hooks all the time, waiting for the breaking news banner on SSN telling us he's off down the A1 again, unhappy about this that or the other?  Not me.

I want to consolodate, get the club settled, build the squad back up.  A young, keen manager, who's given time to prove themselves(Not necessarily Shearer).  Even just a few months off the back pages would be a start.

Bassong?

No never.

Lets all move on, KK had his day, he took us as far as he could. And remember this was bloody years ago,  things have moved on, especially the Premiership.  I dont believe Keegan could play the same we'll score more than you football anymore, couldnt pick an unknown player and bring them through.  And really would you wanna be on tender hooks all the time, waiting for the breaking news banner on SSN telling us he's off down the A1 again, unhappy about this that or the other?  Not me.

I want to consolodate, get the club settled, build the squad back up.  A young, keen manager, who's given time to prove themselves(Not necessarily Shearer).  Even just a few months off the back pages would be a start.

Bassong?

another thing i'd hope to have been cleared up by the tribunal. as far as i'm aware both ends of the argument are still claiming credit for him.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If Keegan was re-appointed manager, yes I'd support him and the club, but I'm not sure I'd be too impressed. This club needs to go forwards. Not backwards.

Did we go forwards after Keegan left? I'm seeing lots of statements like this which all sound sensible, but in reality don't have any basis.

Of course not. But it was more meant as in this club needs to look forwards, not looking back. It would be another back step should Keegan be re-appointed under a new owner

No never.

Bassong?

another thing i'd hope to have been cleared up by the tribunal. as far as i'm aware both ends of the argument are still claiming credit for him.

Bassong himself has stated that it was Keegan who identified him and brought him to Newcastle.

And despite all the people on here slagging him off, there are still nearly 60% of people, even on this forum, who would welcome him back.  

Of people who regularly go to games, particularly the travelling supporters, the percentage of people who would welcome Keegan back would be far higher

Haha how the fuck could you possibly confirm this? More fabricated shite.

No Keegan return for me. Don't get me wrong he's an absolute legend in these parts but I think people have to realise we have to look forwards not backwards.

Shearer- Massive gamble, hardly set the world alight last term

Keegan- Lacks the skills a manager needs in this day and age

Keegan proved just over a year ago he had the skills a manager needs in this day and age. See the 4-3-3 for example. Obviously he's a shite tactician though.

And despite all the people on here slagging him off, there are still nearly 60% of people, even on this forum, who would welcome him back.  

Of people who regularly go to games, particularly the travelling supporters, the percentage of people who would welcome Keegan back would be far higher

I agree with him actually.

Ok, so show me your evidence?

He could well be right, but there is just no proof that this'd be the case whatsoever.

If Keegan was re-appointed manager, yes I'd support him and the club, but I'm not sure I'd be too impressed. This club needs to go forwards. Not backwards.

:thup:

yeah, i'd be pretty skeptical of any new owner who came in and appointed him. is he doing that as a populist move or because he really thinks keegan is the best manager available?

I couldn't think of a better many available.

Ok, so show me your evidence?

He could well be right, but there is just no proof that this'd be the case whatsoever.

This board.  :cheesy:

No Keegan return for me. Don't get me wrong he's an absolute legend in these parts but I think people have to realise we have to look forwards not backwards.

Keegan proved just over a year ago he had the skills a manager needs in this day and age. See the 4-3-3 for example. Obviously he's a shite tactician though.

its absolute shit to say a manager from the 90s is out of place nowadays,...nobody has an answer to Fergusson and wenger....both older than keegan,.. and then theres SBR was still managing when he was 15 years older than keegan is now.

Keegan proved just over a year ago he had the skills a manager needs in this day and age. See the 4-3-3 for example. Obviously he's a s**** tactician though.

its absolute s*** to say a manager from the 90s is out of place nowadays,...nobody has an answer to Fergusson and wenger....both older than keegan,.. and then theres SBR was still managing when he was 15 years older than keegan is now.

Wenger is a bad example, tactically I don't think he's owt special at all

Keegan proved just over a year ago he had the skills a manager needs in this day and age. See the 4-3-3 for example. Obviously he's a s**** tactician though.

its absolute s*** to say a manager from the 90s is out of place nowadays,...nobody has an answer to Fergusson and wenger....both older than keegan,.. and then theres SBR was still managing when he was 15 years older than keegan is now.

Wenger is a bad example, tactically I don't think he's owt special at all

I don't think Ferguson is either actually. They've both been caught at when trying to be too clever tactically. Yet when they get there teams motivated to go out there and play with a certain style they're both still right at the very top of their game.

No. When you have so many who adore a person for being a person and not a manager it is always going to get messy when they leave.

The whole Keegan saga has shown that short term the appointment was the right thing to do as it brought a broken club back together. Since however, the club has been divided again and not focused on the main thing, supporting the lads who can make the difference. Obviously the verdict has shown Keegan had reasons to leave but would the reaction have been as bad had it been Fat Sam or Roeder? A similar reaction occured when Shearer wasn't kept on despite poor performances.

Guest toonlass

I would have Keegan back as a manager, he is a superb man motivator, he gets us playing confident, assured football. He won't be back though. Ever. I think this will have stopped him ever considering management again.

I would have Keegan back as a manager, he is a superb man motivator, he gets us playing confident, assured football. He won't be back though. Ever. I think this will have stopped him ever considering management again.

This, but i would dearly love him back. Look at his track record in this league...

I love how the "piss poor tactically" line still gets trotted out, despite the fact we all saw with our own eyes the reinvention of Michael Owen as a playmaker (something no one else had ever tried to do).

I love how the "piss poor tactically" line still gets trotted out, despite the fact we all saw with our own eyes the reinvention of Michael Owen as a playmaker (something no one else had ever tried to do).

In my opinion that was more by accident than design.

If Fergie had've done it however...

Your opinion means fuck all though.

Had Capello done that he'd have been a tactical genius, because it's Keegan it was an accident. Righto.