So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

Honestly, this Nigerian consortium can only be another chapter in the disaster that is Newcastle United.

I mean come on, its Nigeria FFS.  Bad things always happen there.

Don't worry, all the rich local businessmen and celebrities are getting together a consortium to buy the club as we speak and save the club from falling into dubious foreign hands. And when i say foreign, that includes cockneys.

I suppose it will do us good for attracting African talent but tbh they will all be away missing huge stretches of the season every other year for the African Nations.

Leaving us with the likes of Shola and Smith to take up the mantle.

I suppose it will do us good for attracting African talent but tbh they will all be away missing huge stretches of the season every other year for the African Nations.

They are Africans so they are bound to buy African, while totally ignoring other players? What a fiendish plan.

They are Africans so they are bound to buy African, while totally ignoring other players? What a fiendish plan.

Just like Ashley only bought Europeans.

The article I posted on the other page from the Telegraph seemed to suggest that we may have a buyer lined up already for about £250m, and the view was that this Nigerian offer should be taken with a pinch of salt. Is there something I have missed which makes everyone think that it should be taken more seriously?

"The spokesman for a Nigerian firm looking to buy out Mike Ashley says they are in a race with an Arab group to raise the asking price.

Chris Nathaniel, chief executive officer of London-based NVA Management, says he has the backing of a number of African entrepreneurs in his company's bid for the club.

He claims the group already has £350m worth of backing and hopes to secure a further £50m to £100m before any of the rival bidders can meet Ashley's valuation.

NVA represents stars of sport, film, TV and music, and lists Rio Ferdinand among its clients and claims to also have advised former Toon boss Sam Allardyce and ex-Magpies and striker Andy Cole.

Nathaniel, also the founder, said: "All along I have been working hard to get wealthy and football-loving Nigerian entrepreneurs to buy the club since Mike Ashley indicated his willingness to sell the club to the person, people or entrepreneurs who can meet the £400m selling price of the club.

"Right now I am happy to tell you that well-meaning Nigerians have responded, and the consortium of Nigerian entrepreneurs has so far contributed £350m to buy the club.

"Ashley has stood his ground that he won't sell the club until the money is raised to the asking price of £400m. So what that means is that we need to raise another £50m or £100m to shut the door behind the other top Arab companies who are also interested in the club.

"The Arab companies have also indicated interest and made offers - but they haven't met the asking price too."

Ashley is believed to be looking for a double-his-money figure of £480million and has appointed a leading investment bank - Seymour Price - to attract potential bidders and handle the sale of the club.

Seymour Pierce is headed by Keith Harris, a director of Wembley National Stadium Limited, who has already advised a string of Premier League clubs over takeovers - including Chelsea, Aston Villa and Manchester City."

http://www.clubcall.com/newcastle-united/nigerian-firm-admit-arab-race-790373.html

Not that that is supposed to prove anything, just showing you what you had missed.

What article form the Telegraph?

Guest johnson293

The article I posted on the other page from the Telegraph seemed to suggest that we may have a buyer lined up already for about £250m, and the view was that this Nigerian offer should be taken with a pinch of salt. Is there something I have missed which makes everyone think that it should be taken more seriously?

What article form the Telegraph?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/newcastle/3062921/Mike-Ashley-hires-Keith-Harris-to-attract-new-buyers-for-Newcastle---Football.html

It is understood investment banker Harris may already have an overseas buyer lined up for Ashley and that a takeover could soon be completed which would pave the way for the appointment of a permanent manager.

Despite suggestions Ashley had placed a £480 million price tag on St James’ Park, it is believed the sports retail tycoon would accept an offer £250 million for the club he only bought for £134.4 million in May last year before ploughing in £110 million to reduce the club’s debts.

Cheers johnson293.

It just seems strange that the Nigerians will pay £350m when according to the Telegraph article, the price has been dropped to around half what Ashley was looking for. Could it just be a publicity stunt?

Cheers johnson293.

It just seems strange that the Nigerians will pay £350m when according to the Telegraph article, the price has been dropped to around half what Ashley was looking for. Could it just be a publicity stunt?

I can't believe there has been 292 other Johnsons's registered on this site :)

Cheers johnson293.

Aye cheers fo rthat.

I was wondering that myself, what with Oliver rattling on about the price being dropped as well (not that means much mind).

Maybe a bit of free publicity?

We have to hope that this Nigerian talk is utter rubbish. We are talking about a consortium who are struggling to get the money together and are willing to pay an inflated price. Taking this logically forward you have to assume they'd have no money left once they'd bought the club to invest in the club (or a minimal amount) and the chances are they'd have had to borrow to buy the club. The club would end up with a huge debt, far far worse than Ashley inherited & with owners with no cash. Ashley would be pissing himself laughing & we'd be fucked.

It has to be a wind up - please.

if i was buying, i would wait till december,...if we are still in the bottom 3, ash will be getting twitchy, and you may be able to save yourself, <100 mil ( if the figures being banded about are correct).

that <100 mil could then be spent in jan, just a thought,

Ashley basically got a decent offer from some cash rich arabs wanting to take the club to elite levels and rejected it as he's looking for a poor unstable consortium to take the club to the depths of hell while he invests in his beloved club Tottenham drinking non alcoholic lager in the stands, celebrating a fine demolition of a half decent rival.

Can I be the first to say that whoever takes over will be s***, the manager they appoint will be s*** and the players he buys will also be s***

I think I've covered all the bases there

Aye "Nigerian Mafia OOT"

People will find it difficult holding up bed sheets after having their arms macheted off.

That was Rwanda. Or the Belgian Congo -- where it was Europeans who chopped off Africans' hands, not the other way around.

Nigerian businessmen?  Does anyone know anything about Nigerian culture - corruption is their way of life.

I'm not saying their bad - it's just how they operate.  So, this is probably a publicity stunt.

If it's not, we're in big, big trouble.

Think Freddie Shepherd and Douglas Hall, then multiply it, shit on it , piss on it, wipe your cock on it, and you're still nowhere near...

Can I be the first to say that whoever takes over will be s***, the manager they appoint will be s*** and the players he buys will also be s***

Aye "Nigerian Mafia OOT"

People will find it difficult holding up bed sheets after having their arms macheted off.

That was Rwanda. Or the Belgian Congo -- where it was Europeans who chopped off Africans' hands, not the other way around.

I was being mischievous.

btw, I never knew the Hutu were European.

Aye "Nigerian Mafia OOT"

Twas the charming fellow King Leopold of Belgium, its always the quite ones, and it was in the Congo.  It inspired Heart of Darkness and later Apocalypse Now.  One of the lesser known genocides with around 9 million killed in 15 years or so.